Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

She turns the colors she did as 8-bit Peach in Super Mario Bros., basically. Though, I will say this from the impressions of the people I was playing with. Peach seems to be the slowest character, with Luigi being slower than Mario and Toad being really damn fast.

So basically its Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) all over again.

I always interpreted it as a dream that did happen. I mean, Subcon is a literal dream world. The fact that Mario woke up at the end doesn't mean it didn't happen.

hahaha mario canon

Also you have to consider M & L Dream Team as canon as well since the events take place in Luigi's dreams

Played the game today. I'll try to post my impressions tomorrow, but for now can I just say: I want Birdo to be in this game so badly

Played the demo today, so here's my thoughts on it.

Graphic wise, this game is no Galaxy, but it looks great for Mario's home world. From what I have played, this game has the best controls out of them all, with sort of a mix between NSMB and 3D Land's movesets. The levels, while occasional free roam section pops up, usually have direction to them, obviously giving them a degree of linear level design, some sections more linear than others. 

Multiplayer is a blast, and the competitive score system is a great feature, too. It actually gives you a reason to run around grabbing coins and useless powerups, instead of just collecting them for the heck of it. I reeeaaally hope that the drawback of the screen when players move apart is expanded before release, though. Also, from the looks of the boss stage, world five is apparently a circus/castle world, so that's a new level trope.

The really interesting thing about this game is that, unlike Sonic Lost World, Mario has momentum based running now. I kid you not. Unlike all other games, which only have a two speed option, pressing the run button in this game only sends you into a slightly faster walk, and only after several meters into a quick jog, and then finally the run. Quite a neat feature for speedrunning, if you ask me. Ironic that Mario gained this mechanic while Sonic ditched it, though now Mario has to deal with one of Sonic's worst demons: 

The dash pad.

Overall, even though the gameplay is in the same vien, I enjoyed these levels a lot more than 3D land's. Just hope it has more than one new world added to the game. This game is an absolute blast to play through, and if done right, could be the best true Mario game since SMB3.

Oh yeah, and Cat Mario is awesome.

Funny thing about that, 3D World indeed has dash pads. WHAT IS GOING ON? I encountered them in one of the cloud bonuses, you know, where you dash across the clouds killing enemies and grabbing a bunch of coins before jumping for a Green Star at the end. Clearly, Toad will be able to blast through with "Sonic Speed".

Edited by Super Mario

Funny thing about that, 3D World indeed has dash pads. WHAT IS GOING ON? I encountered them in one of the cloud bonuses, you know, where you dash across the clouds killing enemies and grabbing a bunch of coins before jumping for a Green Star at the end. Clearly, Toad will be able to blast through with "Sonic Speed".

Sonic is becoming more like Mario, and Mario is becoming more like Sonic...

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Sonic is becoming more like Mario, and Mario is becoming more like Sonic...

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

They're clearly foreshadowing the upcoming Sonic & Mario platforming game that they are most definitely making.

:'( let me dream

I swear I read somewhere that the only reason they weren't doing that was because they weren't sure how they could effectively.

Or Mario had to go gritty and reslistic with his newest game in the Call of Mushroom series, "Call of Mushroom 7: Mushroom Warefare 2 (now with Yoshi's!)" where Peach has turned into some scantily clad damsel being kidnapped by a 20 ft demon Bowser.

Or Mario had to go gritty and reslistic with his newest game in the Call of Mushroom series, "Call of Mushroom 7: Mushroom Warefare 2 (now with Yoshi's!)" where Peach has turned into some scantily clad damsel being kidnapped by a 20 ft demon Bowser.

That reminds me, we need to see a return of Peach's Mario Strikers outfit sometime soon.

super-mario-strikers-20050930061224817.j

Dat ass!

With sports titles skipping the Wii U a strikers release would be a really good idea.

With sports titles skipping the Wii U a strikers release would be a really good idea.

Plus, Striker's pseudo-gritty graphics would look AMAZING in HD.

Plus, Striker's pseudo-gritty graphics would look AMAZING in HD.

Damn straight! More appearances from Satan Mario would help them to appeal to wider audience, too.

strikers.jpg

I really wish they did stuff like this with the Mario franchise more often... it's so goddam cool.

• Thumbs Up 6

We need a return of Strikers, period.

Agreed on that, it was my favorite of the Sports games.

Hell yeah I want another Mario Strikers on Wii U! I love the artwork for those games, it's badass!

super-mario-strikers-20050930061236254_6

• Thumbs Up 2

I played it and it was fine. It does make lining up jumps easier, actually. Or staying straight while going over all DEM DASH PEEDS.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 directional movement is something I would have never noticed or even thought about had people on the internet not pointed it out TBH.

They did it in order to work well with the platforming too. It's not like they made it 8-directional just to be a bunch of dicks. I honestly think 3D Land would have been way more difficult to play if you had full 360 degree rotation like in Mario 64, Sunshine, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just tone down the broken AI and we're good.

Ugh, took me FOREVER to unlock Petey Piranha, just trying to get to Petey alone was a struggle.