Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Artwork is fantastic as usual

char.png

He looks like a flocked figurine.

This music.

I know it's not a full-blown orchestra, but who needs that? (Read: not me)

I... it just warms my musical heart to hear a new installment in the Mario themes. Ever since Super Mario 3D Land, my love for the saxophone has increased immensely, and then Sticker Star sparked an unquenchable thirst.

This, however...

THIS THING AHHHHHHHHHHh

It feels oddly... victorious, nostalgic (as in, looking back after a successful adventure) and adventurous at the same time! I don't know, I just can't explain just HOW I LOVE THIS THEME MUCH MORE THAN WINDY HILL YES I SAID IT I LOVE THIS THEME OVER WINDY HILL

Also, if Princess Peach is playable...

What the heck is the plot going to be?! *hypes* I know, it's gonna be simple, but a twist is a twist~ o3o

EDIT: Oh yeah, graphics look awesome. I'm not much of a visuals guy, but hey, this looks nice!

Edited by Korg Triton Le
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, if Princess Peach is playable...

What the heck is the plot going to be?! *hypes* I know, it's gonna be simple, but a twist is a twist~ o3o

EDIT: Oh yeah, graphics look awesome. I'm not much of a visuals guy, but hey, this looks nice!

You know what would be great? If the plot didn't involve any kidnapping at all.

After 3D Land Mario's all like "I'm tired of Bowser's shit!" so he gathers up the gang to traverse 8 worlds just to beat up Bowser for no reason.

I would seriously go out and buy a Wii-u right now if this was real

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, since this is New Super Mario Bros 2, wouldn't it be quite fitting if it had Peach and (the main)Toad as playable characters?

I finally got my wish... my fellow SSMBers, I finally got my wish! This is not even REMOTELY meh! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1. I really liked 3D Land.

2. This looks to have more genuine originality than a lot of other recent Mario games

3. Fucking finally got rid of one of the multiplayer Toads and gave us Peach

Yeah, this looks pretty damn good in my book!  :)

This music.

I know it's not a full-blown orchestra, but who needs that? (Read: not me)

I do. After the Galaxy Duo anything else just seems underwhelming.

I finally got my wish... my fellow SSMBers, I finally got my wish! This is not even REMOTELY meh! smile.png

Give it awhile, they'll crowbar in that bridge switch fight at some point. rolleyes.gif

I wish I was joking

mellow.png 

Although I'm loving how the game is looking and I'm hyped as fuck, I can understand the complaints for wanting a more "grand" game for the Wii U (whereas I could simply not understand the people who wanted this very thing out of 3D Land, which didn't try at all to be the next big console Mario game, and that was perfectly fine). I think in terms of being a follow up to 3D Land, this can very well surpass it in every way imaginable, and once again it looks to have its own unique identity as opposed to the pre-U NSMB games. But I guess people, myself included, were expecting something more mind-blowing, much like what the original Galaxy did for us.

Once I get past that though I'm totally banking on this game being amazing and passing with flying colors. Fucking SMB2 characters have gotten me so damn excited. I seriously can't wait until I get my hands on it.

Yeah, I myself was expecting something huge and groundbreaking, but I guess the bar that 64 and then the Galaxy games set was pretty high in terms of bringing the world new things not seen before in the genre. Still looking forward to the game though, as I enjoyed 3D Land.

Edited by Inferno

Does anyone else not like the camera angle from 3D Land? I'd prefer it to be closer to Mario, like in Sunshine.

I do. After the Galaxy Duo anything else just seems underwhelming.

...I'm assuming all my music is underwhelming then?

Jokes aside, it... really saddens me to see this statement. I mean, making music isn't just pressing a few buttons and voila'ing, it requires a lot of effort when it comes to composition, arrangement and all that jazz. (pun not intended) Sure, I wouldn't blame you - They might have spoiled your expectations a bit. But still... Please don't tell me you can't appreciate anything but orchestral music? (On second thought, please do - I wouldn't want to know if you like mainstream synthpop music or not.) I, for one, appreciate this relatively minimal jazz style that's been sticking with Mario since 3D Land, and although I wouldn't mind a different style, (such as Galaxy's orchestral style) I like this style for what it is, period.

Really... is a huge orchestra really required for impressive music? Beautiful, beautiful things have been made with a piano and an amateur - ever heard of VizardJeffhog, for instance?

(also if you need an orchestra in your mario plz take Dream Team's main theme I don't need it)

• Thumbs Up 1

Jokes aside, it... really saddens me to see this statement. I mean, making music isn't just pressing a few buttons and voila'ing, it requires a lot of effort when it comes to composition, arrangement and all that jazz. (pun not intended) Sure, I wouldn't blame you - They might have spoiled your expectations a bit. But still... Please don't tell me you can't appreciate anything but orchestral music? (On second thought, please do - I wouldn't want to know if you like mainstream synthpop music or not.) I, for one, appreciate this relatively minimal jazz style that's been sticking with Mario since 3D Land, and although I wouldn't mind a different style, (such as Galaxy's orchestral style) I like this style for what it is, period.

Really... is a huge orchestra really required for impressive music? Beautiful, beautiful things have been made with a piano and an amateur - ever heard of VizardJeffhog, for instance?

(also if you need an orchestra in your mario plz take Dream Team's main theme I don't need it)

Dude I can say with complete confidence that he wasn't criticizing your or anyone else's music with that statement.

Don't have a cow over it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry, Sean... It's just that it annoys me to see everyone thinking that anything short of an orchestra in games is terrible, ya dig?

Also I was joking about the jab on my music part.

Edited by Korg Triton Le
  • Thumbs Up 1

ss4.jpg

What is this? A giant dino and a fairy?

New characters! Potential new story elements!

Also... ORIGINAL BOSS FTW!

ss5.jpg

It may not be like Galaxy in terms of scale or gameplay, but in terms of originality, it's coming close.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is this game online? It better fucking be online.

But I know I won't be able to play with SSMBers cause everyone will be fighting over Peach.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

... Hm. I'm in an interesting position, as despite not having very much fun actually playing the games, I've always held very much respect for the mainline Mario games. 64 for revolutionizing gaming as we know it, Sunshine for taking a lot of risks and playing with a lot of new concepts, and Galaxy for being an absolute masterpiece in visuals and sound. While I may not have been looking forward to playing the game, I was excited to see what Nintendo had in store. I was ready to have my mind blown with another masterpiece now that it's been so many years since Galaxy was first unveiled.

This? This is just... more of the same. Gameplay looks fine, but that was never really what I payed attention to these games for anyway. I appreciated them for the risks they all took. The boundaries they broke. This does none of that. Not even close. It looks like a fun little game, but that's all I can really say. Galaxy has yet to be topped, and that's sad.

I hate jumping on the "same game every year" bandwagon, but this time I really think all I can say is "oh neat, another Mario game".

Also if Nintendo is seriously going to try selling people another largely multiplayer game without online I'm going to laugh my ass off.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jokes aside, it... really saddens me to see this statement. I mean, making music isn't just pressing a few buttons and voila'ing, it requires a lot of effort when it comes to composition, arrangement and all that jazz. (pun not intended) Sure, I wouldn't blame you - They might have spoiled your expectations a bit. But still... Please don't tell me you can't appreciate anything but orchestral music? (On second thought, please do - I wouldn't want to know if you like mainstream synthpop music or not.) I, for one, appreciate this relatively minimal jazz style that's been sticking with Mario since 3D Land, and although I wouldn't mind a different style, (such as Galaxy's orchestral style) I like this style for what it is, period.

I think for me it's the fact that it sounds like midi music.  Now granted this COULD be temporary.  Galaxy 2's launch trailer had midi music.

I'm not saying I want orchestra as in style, I just want the music to have a raw, chunky "live" sound to it.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYY4ofJGJg4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3abst9utqQ8

THIS should be the staple for Mario's earth-bound adventures.

Hell even Sticker Star got this right if nothing else:

Edited by JezMM

I wasn't sure about this at first but after seeing the trailer again and screenshots I'm liking it more and more. The fact that Peach is playable again after all those years is already a huge highlight for me! I really liked 3D Land so I'm bound to enjoy this one even more (maybe)

As for the music, maybe a handful of stages in the game will have epic orchestral tracks. Remember, not everything in SMG was orchestrated. Don't judge trailer music just yet!

• Thumbs Up 1