Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Well, for the record, I hated Chuck as a kid. Motherfucker made me run for my life and flail around like an idiot in Super Mario World.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

People are excited about Mario 2 callbacks? I remember the last time people were excited Mario 3 callbacks in 3DLand. So is this all people want? Hitting nostalgia buttons? Sonic changed and had way more new things and concepts to offer over the course of the new Mario games. 2007 was truly the last time, they offered something new with Mario. 5 years ago. Sonic has had a new concept with each new game released. Generations feels newer than this.

And even if this is just a side-game, it further confirms my dissapoitment in Nintendo.

Nintendo had a 3D Mario ready in the first year for N64, Gamecube and the Wii. But for the Wii U they appearently need 2 more years? That is just lame.

Biggest dissapoitment of E3 so far. The direct crushed all the hope I had for them.

People are excited about Mario 2 callbacks? 

Seeing as Nintendo have basically chosen to ignore that game ever since the GBA remake, yes. It makes a nice change from everything being SMB3 themed, at any rate. I love the Tanooki/Raccoon suit but it's been so overused lately as a selling point for a game. I know it's in this one too but at least it's not being crammed down our throats like in 3D Land and NSMB2.

Dio is excited for a lot of Nintendo games. Hmmm

Save for getting a Genesis over the SNES, I've always followed Nintendo.

People are excited about Mario 2 callbacks? I remember the last time people were excited Mario 3 callbacks in 3DLand. So is this all people want? Hitting nostalgia buttons?

Hey guess what no one said, ever. This looks like an incredibly solid game with plenty of new ideas that is also throwing some references to stuff we haven't seen in a long time.

Sonic changed and had way more new things and concepts to offer over the course of the new Mario games.

Sonic's changed like 3 times, total, and hasn't had anywhere near the quality of Mario, whether he changes or not.
  • Thumbs Up 1

At 1:19 in the trailer, Peach is being played in single player.

Yeah, just noticed, along with Luigi. Awesome!

But also in the trailer, Tanooki Mario is back. ugh.

Yeah, just noticed, along with Luigi. Awesome!

But also in the trailer, Tanooki Mario is back. ugh.

UGH A COOL THING

I don't get people sometimes.

e: oh, hey, 3D Land's last picture foreshadowed this game. Tanuki Peach, remember?

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Say, so I was thinking a bit...

This is Super Mario 3D Land's logo.

Super-Mario-3D-Land-Logo.png

Look at the colors used on "MARIO" - the usual blue, green, yellow, red and green, albeit in different order from Super Mario Galaxy. Nothing special, right?

3dworldlogo610.jpg

Now, here's Super Mario 3D World. The colors have been changed to accommodate for the new character, Peach (and probably Blue Toad) But I don't get it... What's the yellow there for? I mean, you could say it's because of the Syobon Action Cat Mario powerup, but...

Maybe they might be teasing Wario or - ugh - Yellow Toad?

Hey guess what no one said, ever. This looks like an incredibly solid game with plenty of new ideas that is also throwing some references to stuff we haven't seen in a long time.

Sonic's changed like 3 times, total, and hasn't had anywhere near the quality of Mario, whether he changes or not.

Still typical quality of Mario + new Idea would be the best possible outcome. It is dissapointing considering other 3D Mario games in the first year of Nintendo consoles.

And Sonic had thematic changes at least every main game. Mario had only 2 thematic changes, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Still typical quality of Mario + new Idea would be the best possible outcome. It is dissapointing considering other 3D Mario games in the first year of Nintendo consoles.

We have no reason to doubt the quality will be any less than the Mario standard and there's plenty of new ideas in the trailer alone, even if there isn't one unifying idea like Galaxy's planetoids/gravity.

And Sonic had thematic changes at least every main game. Mario had only 2 thematic changes, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Yeah the thematic changes of ShtH and '06 really did wonders for Sonic.

UGH A COOL THING

I don't get people sometimes.

You don't get when people don't like things?

For me Tanooki Mario's been a bit overused for the past couple mario games.

How many has it been. Like, 2?

Are we supposed to be sick of fire Mario too.

• Thumbs Up 8

Okay, looking less into the music and back into the footage, the world seems to be a bit more open than it was in 3D Land. I like that choice, personally, but it'd be nice to have an option to turn the timer off so that we could explore this new, more open world. >:

Also, this is a stupid nitpick, but it'd be so cool of a touch if they added interacting art to the life icons depending on the character combination, like Mario being infatuated with Peach when only the two were selected or Mario and Luigi in a pose like this? Might give the characters that much personality~ >w<

Peach finally playable again, all characters have unique traits, FUCKIN' CATS. This looks great, and now I'm pretty damn mad my Best Buy decided they don't want to participate in the Nintendo E3 experience.

>You have ran out of positive likes

DAMN IT DIO

You don't get when people don't like things?

For me Tanooki Mario's been a bit overused for the past couple mario games.

Well, actually, the Tanooki Suit only made a recent appearance in Super Mario 3D Land. New Super Mario Bros. 2 had just regular Raccoon Mario/Kitsune Luigi.

Edited by Komodin

I'm really not seeing the issue either. It's bad to have the Leaf/Cape power up that people always said they missed. What's wrong with having a tail whack and a slow fall?

You're not suppose to be sick of anything. Quite frankly I really don't care what you're sick of or not.

I'm just saying I don't like Tanooki Mario that much. Am I not allowed to not like Tanooki Mario?

Also it's been 3 times fyi.

We have no reason to doubt the quality will be any less than the Mario standard and there's plenty of new ideas in the trailer alone, even if there isn't one unifying idea like Galaxy's planetoids/gravity.

Yeah the thematic changes of ShtH and '06 really did wonders for Sonic.

...I don't think there as many new Ideas as Galaxy 2 presented.

We have:

New suit

Picking up snowballs

Invisible pipes

Touching invsible blocks

Riding shoes+dinosaours.

I saw way more new level design ideas in the first Galaxy 2 trailer. 3DLand just wasn't on par with that, it is more of the same to that.

And of course a lot of new thematics of Sonic were bad. But they were still more than Mario.

I'm really not seeing the issue either. It's bad to have the Leaf/Cape power up that people always said they missed. What's wrong with having a tail whack and a slow fall?

We need new power-ups above all. Galaxy 2 was the last time with cloud Mario (which was genius)

Edited by ChikaBoing

I'm just saying I don't like Tanooki Mario that much. Am I not allowed to not like Tanooki Mario?

No.

Also it's been 3 times fyi.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 3D Land, and...?

So we have a cat powerup now...

Where is my dog powerup Ninendo!? >:U

I want to bark and pee on things as Toad god damnit!

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly think the game looks pretty interesting on terms of game play i got a good laugh out of Cat Mario though; especially when it showed him getting the power up in the trailer. Something about hearing him say the whole anime-ish "-nya!" thing with a thick Italian accent is hilarious. 

and FINALLY! another mainstream game where Peach isn't kidnapped--that hasn't happened since MB.2, if I remember right.