Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

This kind of argument has always raised a curious question: At what point can we not like or be apathetic towards something that's recurring? Frankly, I don't give a shit about the Tanuki suit. When it was all over Super Mario 3D Land, I still didn't give a shit. If I saw it here, I still wouldn't have given a shit. If anything, I would've given less of a shit than I do now simply because it's a recurring mechanic I have no actual love towards. I like Fire Mario because that's more awesome to me, despite it probably being more recurring than Tanuki Mario (if anything, that might be why it's more recurring). It doesn't have to be any more difficult than that.

But what does this even matter anyway? Cat Mario trumps all.

New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Nope, that game only has the Super Leaf.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 3D Land, and...?

I wasn't referring to SMB3, but if you want to count that

SMB3,SM3DLand,NSMB2,Mario Kart 7

Also Super Mario is right. This game has cats. Fuck everything else.

Listen, no one cares. This game has cats. IT HAS CATS.

Actually, I don't like cats all that much...

The Cat power-up looks interesting, though.

The Cat suit looks kind of over powered with the wall/pole climbing thing but I don't know maybe its just me(and not me)

To be honest, I'm liking this more than Galaxy (Which I already loved). I'm happy to see large flat areas again, and I'm happy without orchestrated music. The game looks really fun. Can't wait.

Nope, that game only has the Super Leaf.

Same thing. No need to split hairs like that.

Cat Mario actually has a quite interesting design and set of powers, but I had to restrain myself from bursting out laughing when Iwata actually said the name "Cat Mario."  It was like a parody of all the lack of inventiveness and imagination and anticlimax in Mario criticism.

BMfyfnvCMAANOHI.jpg

Nintendo devs dress up as pussies to promote the pussy suit in 3D World.

• Thumbs Up 1

Listening to the trailer again, it really, really sounds like something I would write/already wrote.

Rant aside, why is it a bell that transforms Mario into Cat Mario? Is there some Japanese mythology I'm missing out on?

I'm wondering how the multiplayer in 3D would be pulled off... Hope it isn't like NSMB2 at all.

I can't wait to get the Princess's pussy power up.

PFFFT- *chokes*

Edited by Korg M1

To be honest, I'm liking this more than Galaxy (Which I already loved). I'm happy to see large flat areas again, and I'm happy without orchestrated music. The game looks really fun. Can't wait.

Same thing. No need to split hairs like that.

But in that game it can't turn to stone and it can fly. 

I have mixed, though overall very positive feelings towards this game.

Good:

-First 3D Mario for WiiU in HD!

-First 3D Mario with 4 player Co-op in the same vein as NSMBWii

-Co-op is better since all characters have their own unique abilities, like Luigi's high jumps, Peach's hover, and Toad's speed (Sega, take some notes) so it's also like SMB2. Hopefully this time they will lets us actually choose which character to play as instead of locking them on to Player 2,3,4.

-3D Land style and visuals, good because I liked 3D land.

-Fucking Cat Mario! This is something new to the series and it looks pretty damn fun to use. Scratching, lunging, wall climbing, looks like Mario decided to use his own style of Parkour this time. Can we just call Mario a furry now? If donning these suits gave me powers I'd become a furry myself!

Playable peach might perhaps mean Bowser is up to something else this time maybe? Even if the story is still barebones? Return of Wart maybe? If the SMB2 roster is anything to go by.

Bad:

-3D Land style, while nice, honestly feels more... Underwhelming? At least more spinoffy than the past Galaxy style. And it's a shame too since the grand scale look and feel of the galaxy games would be much more fitting for the HD look.

-The lack of the star system. I like point A-B progression as much as the next guy, but honestly, I've gotten used to the star system ala Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy for Mario's big 3D outings.

-Game seems underwhelming in terms of Music.

Overall this seems more like it might just be buying some time for the real big 3D Mario game for WiiU... Or at least that's my hope. Maybe Nintendo just doesn't know how to go forward with Mario anymore after Galaxy. Whatever the case may be, I'm excited for this adventure and it looks great eitherway like all Mario games (...aside from NSMB2...) another Mario that I'll 100% for sure. Can't wait.

Edited by Fluttershy

But in that game it can't turn to stone and it can fly. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but like I said, splitting hairs. When people say Tanuki suit, they mean both raccoon ones.

The Cat Bell does not provide the player with jumping aid so it makes perfect sense to bring back Tanooki for that.  I guess they could have brought back Bunny Mario but pffft acknowledging non Shigeru Miyamoto games don't be silly.

Makes sense to bring back one recently used so those who have played 3D Land know exactly what they're dealing with.

The Cat suit looks kind of over powered with the wall/pole climbing thing but I don't know maybe its just me(and not me)

The levels will be designed with it in mind.  Obviously it may be OP on courses where you are not given one in the course itself, but that's true of any Mario powerup, and part of the fun of replaying.

This is such a small detail for me but I love how you can freely move the camera around the entire level.

It adds so much to the sense of scale.

Adjustable camera is great. I liked the fixed camera in 3D Land because the levels were designed around a single perspective. Being able to change your view in 3D World, however, would be able to allow for much more dynamic level design and hopefully plenty of other areas to explore, even if it's still a linear experience (which I don't mind whatsoever).

So how long before we get a dog suit power up.

So Mario can hump the Pussy Princess's leg?

... sorry.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9