Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

That...would be kind of weird in a 3D game. In 2D, sure, the characters just layer in the fake depth and it looks fine, but in 3D their models would actually be intersecting...

I'm sorry, but I will gladly take clipping over wanting to shoot my friend in the face because she jumped on my head and screwed up my jump.

• Thumbs Up 3

This forum was dumping all over NSMB and it's multiplayer for years, so excuse me for thinking that remained the same.

This forum was dumping all over NSMB and it's multiplayer for years, so excuse me for thinking that remained the same.

I actually liked NSMB's multiplayer. But anyway, you can't compare 2D co-op Mario with this 3D co-op Mario game. They're too different. This one looks like a blast in co-op and got me excited for it. Now? I'm gutted. It just seems absolutely ridiculous to not include online play in a main game built for multiplayer in your biggest franchise.

I just can't wrap my head around how it looks better. There's very clear issues that arise even in the Developer Diary with Mario carrying Luigi, throwing him, and then bouncing off him. It's no Four Swords, I tell you what.

Edited by Super Mario

The problem with online doesn't even stick with Mario though.

As Solkia brought up earlier, Star Fox of all games didn't even have it.

Guys, guys, guys. I just realised.

This game will have FIRE PEACH.

Sold.

She appears in the trailer!  Check the bit where Mario and Peach go through a Clear Pipe together.

Oh, get the hell over it. You actually WANT to play Mario with random people? The multiplayer is built entirely on trolling.

No I want to play it with my friends.

And how is that multiplayer is a big thing? It's the same deal as NSMB, it'll probably be WORSE in multiplayer just like NSMB. They throw it in because people complain about no multiplayer.

Considering the majority of the trailer featured multiplayer no they did not throw it in.  They didn't throw it in in NSMB either considering every single piece of artwork featured all four characters.

I've seen nothing to the contrary about Mario series multiplayer, so I'm calling it as a I see it. I see the same thing, people can mess up your jumps because you bump off of each other, you can pick each other up and throw each other into gaps.

In Left 4 Dead I can shoot my teammates by accident instead of zombies, it clearly isn't designed around multiplayer!

Perhaps not everyone is like that?  Perhaps when you get a good team of players who love to play Mario all the time (hahaha try doing that without online), they can work in tandem and co-operate.

Also, this game is in 3D.  In NSMB, if four people try to cross a gap at the same time, yes there will be clashes.  In this game, you can all line up sideways.  And due to the perspective of 3D games and the level design ethos, there is going to be stuff in the way of carrying your team-mates on your head for complex bits way less often than a 2D game, which can afford to have obstacles above you as they don't obscure your vision.

Guess what? It was for NSMB Wii too, and no one liked it. I find it hypocritical.

Everyone fucking wanted online in NSMBWii too actually.

Sorry if my tone is overly angry but... god I am SO pissed off that Nintendo still do this shit.  My friends and I have been having an utter BLAST on Luigi's Mansion 2 and I want that experience with a genre I love so badly.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay this topic is going to go to hell fast if we're going to have people telling others to "get over it" when it comes to being disappointed about no online multiplayer. Coupled with the broad generalizations and strawmen, that is an absolutely ridiculous non-argument if I've ever seen one.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know I'm being a bit stupid, but I find it utterly ridiculous that's there's rage over lack of online multiplayer in a Mario title of all things. I can't wrap my head around it myself.

Just add this to your checklist before seeing Nintendo games

"NO ONLINE!!!"

or you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Nintendo needs to surprise us and turn that around.

• Thumbs Up 1

My prediction for the story: Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad are going on an adventure to kidnap Bowser. Hilarity ensues.

Hey, its what I'd do if I was in charge.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know I'm being a bit stupid, but I find it utterly ridiculous that's there's rage over lack of online multiplayer in a Mario title of all things. I can't wrap my head around it myself.

Nintendo's crappy online is a long-running problem. The only reason it's blown up here is because you keep raging against a reasonable complaint.
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's not a Nintendo only thing, though. Like, LittleBigPlanet is the only platformer that actually has online multiplayer. I still can't wrap my head around the rage over this, it's not just disappointment. Now, I'd be the first one to rage if Smash 4 had no online or the same shitty online that Brawl did, but you won't find me getting upset over Mario or DK not having online since they're incredibly strong single player experiences.

Considering the strong references to Super Mario Bros 2 I wouldn't be surprised if Wart and creatures from Subcon were somehow involved.

Edit: Apologies if this has already been said but, doesn't the purple guy in the background of this screen:

nn009.png

Look strangely a lot like Wart:

WartTwo.jpg

Also in that pic, the snake things with plates on their heads could also be a reference to Cobrats:

princess-vs-cobrat.jpg

Edited by EuroMIX
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just gonna squeeeeeeze in through this arguement real quick and post a gameplay video from E3 showfloor

loving it.

So according to Destructoid, the Galaxy composers are on board for this game. They were coy about orchestrated melodies:

http://www.destructoid.com/super-mario-3d-world-reunites-mario-galaxy-composers-256073.phtml

Haha it shows in the video above.

Edit: Bubbles confirmed to be back
and we can also hold items like in 3D Land

Edited by Nintendoga

Who's willing to wager that the story is a retread of Mario 3's story. Bowser and his minions are turning the rulers of individual lands into creatures using magic and Mario & co. must take back the wands and turn them back.

Oh Nintendo, you never change do yeh? 

Seriously even I'm getting sick and tired of no online in most Nintendo games, and I usually hate fucking online!

• Thumbs Up 1

but you won't find me getting upset over Mario or DK not having online since they're incredibly strong single player experiences.

Why can't they be incredibly strong single AND multiplayer experiences?  Smash Bros is.

Also what is with your completely unimaginative backwards "platformers don't tend to have online so why are people upset" attitude?  Once upon a time no game had online so why did they ever add online to anything?  Why shouldn't Mario be the first online 4-player co-op 3D platformer ever made?  It's already the first offline 4-player co-op 3D platformer.  Why not just... do the same thing... but also let people play online?

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

This game looks so ridiculously charming. I also adore the music from what we heard in that video.

• Thumbs Up 3

The cat suit looks really fun to use. Adds some real nice mobility.