Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

That looks so much fun to play! It's a shame about there not being online multiplayer but eh, this is Nintendo. C'est la vie.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Koopa Troopas in this game?

There's a lack of Koopas in EVERY 3D Mario game.  Mario 64 had like 3 in the entire game for example (barring Koopa the Quick of course).  

Well yes, I just thought that from all the footage we've seen, combined with their more frequent presence in 3D Land, at least one would show up somewhere.

Edited by Haden

About the Toad thing - the 4 playable characters (so far) are represented in Super Mario 3D World's logo - Red for Mario (M), Green for Luigi (A), Blue for Blue Toad (I) and Pink for Peach (O). This might leave room for at least one more potential character (or just Cat Mario) - possibly Wario or Yellow Toad. However, what about overlapping characters? Maybe Yoshi might appear as a ridable, or heck, Toad could fall under red or blue (again)!

Also, Mario is seen doing a spin jump, Ringo - in the trailer, right after he throws the snowball that Peach passes him.

possibly Wario or Yellow Toad

It's too bad we all know which of these Nintendo would pick.

• Thumbs Up 7

I got back from the Nintendo Experience event, got to play 3D World. I WILL NOW SHUT UP ABOUT THE MULTIPLAYER BEING LAME. It was SO much better than NSMB, the whole lot of us never had issues except for the one time where I purposefully grabbed the Toad player and threw him away so I could grab a Fire Flower. Cat Mario is best Mario, by the way. It's kind of hard to articulate everything, but there is no issue with this being what's basically a 3D Land sequel on the Wii U. For one, it's much larger, and secondly the camera follows the action perfectly. By the way, it doesn't force you ahead when someone gets ahead anymore (as in no screen scroll), you just get warped forward like a Kirby Helper.

• Thumbs Up 3

I got back from the Nintendo Experience event, got to play 3D World. I WILL NOW SHUT UP ABOUT THE MULTIPLAYER BEING LAME. It was SO much better than NSMB, the whole lot of us never had issues except for the one time where I purposefully grabbed the Toad player and threw him away so I could grab a Fire Flower. Cat Mario is best Mario, by the way. It's kind of hard to articulate everything, but there is no issue with this being what's basically a 3D Land sequel on the Wii U. For one, it's much larger, and secondly the camera follows the action perfectly. By the way, it doesn't force you ahead when someone gets ahead anymore (as in no screen scroll), you just get warped forward like a Kirby Helper.

Who'd you play as? :3

Who do you think? Mario, of course. Though actually, I was going to play Luigi but one of the other guys did. The girl in my group asked if she could play Peach, so I let her since she gave me a bunch of Apples for my New Leaf town. By the way, Fire Peach has a really neat design.

did you get her number?

-coughahem- That's cool, although I was hoping to find out what the other characters feel like.

Ah, so he played with himself.

I'm so sorry.

So is Fire Peach's design something they've used before or something new?

• Thumbs Up 1

She turns the colors she did as 8-bit Peach in Super Mario Bros., basically. Though, I will say this from the impressions of the people I was playing with. Peach seems to be the slowest character, with Luigi being slower than Mario and Toad being really damn fast.

Edited by Super Mario

She turns the colors she did as 8-bit Peach in Super Mario Bros., basically. Though, I will say this from the impressions of the people I was playing with. Peach seems to be the slowest character, with Luigi being slower than Mario and Toad being really damn fast.

Another nod to SMB2. She was the slowest character there too, but her floating more than made up for it.

I'm really loving all the SMB2 vibes of this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just got back from Best Buy for the Nintendo Experience thing, and I played this game. I only got to do one level, but it was very good!

Here's some things about it:

• I used the Wii remote, but you can, of course, use the gamepad as well. I don't know about the pro controller, though.
  • Like 3D land, you must hold a button to run, which isn't a problem
  • The cat suit is awesome! I love the moves you can do with it
  • I played as Luigi

All the other games looked great, too. They were giving some little things away as well, so during my 2 hour wait (didn't expect it to take that long!), I got a Mario Kart 8 flag with Luigi on it and and a 3DS lanyard. They also had Luigi hats, but they ran out by the time I got to the demo.

Edited by Person

At my store they gave you an item depending on how you performed and depending on game, for Mario Kart and 3D World. I got 1st place in the results for 3D World, so I got the Luigi hat, the runners up got flags. In Mario Kart 1st place got a nice little Luigi coin. People who played DKC got flags too. I didn't get to see anyone play Wind Waker, apparently they were saving that toward the end of the event due to time reasons. I got to play two stages, 2-1 and...I can't remember the other number but, it was the one with all the clear pipes and Fuzzies. 2-1 is the one that you see at the beginning of the video, but it isn't just that big open area of rolling hills and climbable walls, it goes underground halfway through for some tighter platforming and enemy bashing. Cat Mario really makes quick work of whatever comes against it, the cat attack is quick and has a wide arc.

Edited by Super Mario
  • Thumbs Up 4

They never seem to be able to make up their minds - Luigi's faster than Mario in SM64DS and the Olympics (while being slower than Mario by default in the M&Ls, though it's just so that Mario goes first),  and Peach is generally a speed character.

Of course, it's all to balance them out, but I'd like a stat allocation of sorts that sticks permanently, I guess.

Also, I want that Luigi hat.

With all these SMB2 connections, I do hope they don't use the "all just a dream" story again. That'll fly once, but I really hope that the story of this game "really happened," inasmuch as anything happens in the loose continuity of the series.

• Thumbs Up 3

With all these SMB2 connections, I do hope they don't use the "all just a dream" story again. That'll fly once, but I really hope that the story of this game "really happened," inasmuch as anything happens in the loose continuity of the series.

I always interpreted it as a dream that did happen. I mean, Subcon is a literal dream world. The fact that Mario woke up at the end doesn't mean it didn't happen.

hahaha mario canon

• Thumbs Up 6

I always interpreted it as a dream that did happen. I mean, Subcon is a literal dream world. The fact that Mario woke up at the end doesn't mean it didn't happen.

hahaha mario canon

Kingdom Hearts 3D?

mmm

• Thumbs Up 1

hahaha mario canon

Everyone's saying Sonic's ripping off Mario when it's been NiGHTS this whole time.

Sonic Team, you cunning bastard.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how if M/L/P/T scale a wall in Neko form for too long, instead of just letting go and dropping, they'll actually sink their claws into the surface and slowly fall down the wall.

Something that could have easily been done by a default fall pose is instead done in a way to make the Neko form more memorable.

Nekos all day. What's a Tanooki?

I guess I get why it doesn't seem as "grand" as Galaxy: It's a run-to-the-end-of-the-level affair, no exploring, talking to characters or collecting things, and probably no story interspersed between levels. I still think it'll be amazing though. The fact that they're finally listening and giving proper multiplayer with Peach and different abilities is just.... asdf

I'm crossing my fingers for a surprise, story wise, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. Still, the game looks and sounds (from the impressions of people who've played it at those events) so rad. Maybe I'm biased because playable Peach tho'.

I'm crossing my fingers for a surprise, story wise, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath. Still, the game looks and sounds (from the impressions of people who've played it at those events) so rad. Maybe I'm biased because playable Peach tho'.

I'm assuming it'll be like 3D Land's "story". I'm actually fine with that, though, at least there was a bit of charm to it.

Though I am worrying about two things:

A ) It gets bad reception because it's not the Galaxy successor everyone wanted, and they take it to mean never have good multiplayer again, and go back to two Toads with everyone playing the same

B ) It gets praised, but that goes to Nintendo's heads and they start another NSMB type deal with iterations of this on every new console

Edited by Donna Noble