Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

I was honestly expecting it to be like "You can now play as Peach!"

I was of course, wrong.

As someone who's wanted Peach playable since forever, it was one of the biggest "fuck yous" I've ever seen in a Mario game.

As someone who's wanted Peach playable since forever, it was one of the biggest "fuck yous" I've ever seen in a Mario game.

What you guys mean? That you can't pick her off the bat or something? ._.'

How do you do the dive attack? I couldn't figure it out for some dumb reason.

Edit: He's talking about the Peach picture from 3D Land, DM. On the other hand, this is great. Peach is playable from the get go, even in single player.

Edited by Super Mario
  • Thumbs Up 1

From what I played, it seems that you have to have a little bit of momentum built up before you jump and attempt to dive.

I went to the Best Buy Nintendo Experience event today (a bunch of people came early and played Animal Crossing for two hours), only managing to play through one demo because the wait was an estimated two hours when I went back to try again.

This game is amazing! The graphics are the best of any Mario game yet, the controls are better than 3D Land, and the game is just all around fun. 3D Land is my third favorite Mario game but damn this might take its place.

Yeah I meant how when you finished the game with Mario it gave you Luigi art teasing him as playable, then when you beat it with both you get art of Peach in that game's power-up suit, a massive tease! I've been complaining about the lack of playable Peach since Mario 64 DS was released, so SM3DW is amazing to me and I hope it's the start of a new trend.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been complaining about the lack of playable Peach since Mario 64 DS was released,

Makes you wonder why Peach just doesn't beat the shit out of Bowser in the first place.

edit: Just noticed that Bowser cries. Never seen him do that before.

Edit 2: Lmao. She pushes Luigi aside to hug Mario. Even Peach mistreats him.

Edited by Autosaver

I'm waiting for this game to show Wario in a Cat Suit at the end of the game, only to go "haha, no, fuck you, wario at ssmb".

• Thumbs Up 6

I've got mixed feelings about this game.

On one hand, the game looks nice graphically, the cat suit looks like a enjoyable power-up to use and the 4 characters with different stats will help mix up the gameplay.

On the other hand, It's based around 3D Land, a game I never understood the appeal of and felt like it just marketed off of nostalgia. Plus, the lack of on-line play is inexcusable.

It looks better than 3D Land so far, but I defiantly have my reservations so far. It's guaranteed to get Wii U's of shelves, so I can't harp on it too much.

Reggie could play fucking Mary Kate and Ashley: License to Drive and he'd still be manlier than any of us could ever hope to be.

So what? Peach was my favourite character in Super Mario Bros 2, and that was before I discovered I was fabulous.

Peach was the only character I've never used in the original game. I always enjoyed the challenge of playing with Toad. He was my favorite.

The image creeps me the hell out btw. >_>

Edited by canderson

Peach was the only character I've never used in the original game. I always enjoyed the challenge of playing with Toad. He was my favorite.

The image creeps me the hell out btw. >_>

Lightweight.

I'm still wanking to it.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wait, I just had a thought, what if they had unlockable bonus characters? like say Wario, or I dont know, walugli, cant really think of anyone else

Oh ya and some really good commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUffbVtIkfg&list=PLms8rbPjpUi1UD9IOhVxmtjFv5gCRtvw_&index=3

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Wait, I just had a thought, what if they had unlockable bonus characters? like say Wario, or I dont know, walugli, cant really think of anyone else

Oh ya and some really good commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUffbVtIkfg&list=PLms8rbPjpUi1UD9IOhVxmtjFv5gCRtvw_&index=3

Wario could be a possibility considering that he was in Super Mario 64 DS. He could have a low jump, low speed but have the best traction and power.

Waluigi? Maybe he could have bad speed, semi decent traction, sub par jumping, but be good everything else?

Wario could be a possibility considering that he was in Super Mario 64 DS. He could have a low jump, low speed but have the best traction and power.

Waluigi? Maybe he could have bad speed, semi decent traction, sub par jumping, but be good everything else?

I would think he would have decent jump since he is quite tall, but perhaps have his skillset wacky in someway, I dont really know either

Let's be honest here, they're playing it kinda safe with this one. Playable Peach is already pushing it for them probably, so I doubt we'll get any unlockable characters like Wario.

And Waluigi in a main Mario? Keep dreaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok then, how about a playable Yoshi and Daisy? or Bowser; I am just saying why not, sure they play a little safe, but this situation makes it so that unlockable characters would be fun little secrets

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

While Daisy and Bowser would be great if they were unlockables, unfortunately I doubt it, daisy is a possibility but she'd be a palette swap for Peach probably. I highly doubt we would get Yoshi, Nintendo see him as more of a gimmick than a character (unless its Smash Bros., or Yoshi's Island)

Yoshi is always a power up in the main Mario series, I really wouldn't have it any other way himself. The spin-off Yoshi series is where he gets the spotlight.