Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Because it won't be happening?

Well yeah but the way he phrased it made it sound like it would like a bad thing. 

I think it's really adorable how people actually believe there is even a sliver of a chance of Waluigi ever showing up in a main Mario or Wario game

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's really adorable how people actually believe there is even a sliver of a chance of Waluigi ever showing up in a main Mario or Wario game

It would be a cool idea as a secret unlockable; beating the game with 4 players unlocks a new mode, where Mario is swapped out with Wario, Luigi's swapped with Walaigi, Peach swapped out with Captain Syrup, and Toad swapped with Nabbit (...he fits with the more 'twisted' characters). This will never happen, but the idea of unlocking more Mario characters to play with in a major 3d Mario is a really cool idea (hoped Waluigi would be in Mario 64 DS :().

We said that we would never get Peach ever and look what happened there.

...meanwhile Miyamoto is grinding his teeth and throwing darts at the picture of the guy who decided Peach should be playable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...meanwhile Miyamoto is grinding his teeth and throwing darts at the picture of the guy who decided Peach should be playable. 

Why would he do that? I would like to think that he would be happy that a centeral character who's role was more or less a trophy when beating the game turning into a interesting playable character with some slight gameplay differences over the other characters....

I think its one of the big things that 3d World is having (along with its 4-player co-op), so I would assume that Miyamoto would be happy with that idea. Then again, he did say that it easer to just program the animations for two Toads instead of another core Mario character for the NSMB series.

Edited by RK64

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I'm not diggin this game simply for the fact that were getting too much Mario and not enough soul put into the games.

This title is just giving me a lot of COD, checklist, rush out to stores vibes. It just completely lacks life and drive from what I've seen.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I'm not diggin this game simply for the fact that were getting too much Mario and not enough soul put into the games.

This title is just giving me a lot of COD, checklist, rush out to stores vibes. It just completely lacks life and drive from what I've seen.

Sorry your getting this impression man (I'm not to trilled by the game ether sad.png), but 3D World is the result of Nintendo scrambling to get a 3d Mario out by this holiday to capture the success that the 3ds had after struggling for 6 months (price drop + 3d Zelda, 3d Mario, and Mario Kart) within the next few months to get the Wii U in a solid spot this holiday/early next year. The game looks good (notably from the solid base that 3d Land laid) and no doubt the 4 player co-op will be better than other games like it (such as Ratchet All 4 One), but it doesn't have the wow factor that Mario 64 or the Galaxy games had.

It really doesn't help that the game is going to be compared to the NSMB series a lot when it launches; both have 4 player co-op, lack ambition (despite the NSMB games having really good level design, as the Wii and Wii U iterations proved), and what looks to be uninventive art styles (even if they look great in most cases).

I'm sure 3d World is going to be great, even if it's not going to be the next Galaxy or anything, but comparing it to the COD games? At least 3D Land is trying to mix things up a little, COD takes the same gameplay every year, only it being fun multiplayer wise and bland/boring single player wise. Than again, I'm not much of COD fan, so my stance may not matter much tongue.png.

Edited by RK64

I just wish it was called anything else. It's like Nintendo were intentionally trying to come up with a name that would convince as many people as possible that this is a game they already own.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just wish it was called anything else. It's like Nintendo were intentionally trying to come up with a name that would convince as many people as possible that this is a game they already own.

Well, Nintendo is trying to get the NSMB and 3d Land audience on board with this, as even though the Galaxy games did well, they did not do nearly as well as NSMBWii (though that's mostly due to the Wii's large install base at the time). They really want to hammer home that this is a 3d Mario so the casual audience can separate this from the NSMB seires (as they could get this confused with the many other Mario's out there) and the fact its called 3d World lets 3ds owners who's first 3d Mario was 3d Land know "look, there's a better one of this!".

I think the name is fine, and besides, what else could they have called it? Mario's 3d Co-op Adventure? Super Mario Party? The familiar name was chosen due to it fitting the games concepts well and that it draws the casual audience in.

Edited by RK64

Well, Nintendo is trying to get the NSMB and 3d Land audience on board with this, as even though the Galaxy games did well, they did not do nearly as well as NSMBWii (though that's mostly due to the Wii's large install base at the time). They really want to hammer home that this is a 3d Mario to the casual audience (as they could get this confused with the many other Mario's out there) and the fact its called 3d World lets 3ds owners who's first 3d Mario was 3d Land know "look, there's a better one of this!".

I'm sorry, but could you please explain what exactly makes this a "casual" Mario game? 'Cause I'm not seeing it. 3D World looks (and plays) no more "casual" than Galaxy, or any other of the 3D Mario games for that matter.

Edited by Haden
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the idea there was hammer home - to the casual audience - that this is a 3D Mario, not that 3D World is a "casual 3D Mario".

Anyway, I understand that the market is saturated with Mario games and you want to make it clear to people that this is a run-and-jump game and not Mario's baseball or curling or snooker or whatever, but surely there's a title that could get that across without being a dull scramble of the names of previous Mario platformers.

The 3D part in particular bothers me because this isn't for the system that has 3D in its name, and it is for the system that everybody thinks is a Wii add-on. That's just asking for trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do agree with you Voyant it does seem like the latest games lack heart, and suffer from the been here done this feel. Though I have to say I think this game is at the very least looking to have more effort and soul put into it.

I just wish Nintendo saw fit to show us more of the title, so I could form a better opinion of it. Get on that Nintendo!

Sorry your getting this impression man (I'm not to trilled by the game ether sad.png), but 3D World is the result of Nintendo scrambling to get a 3d Mario out by this holiday to capture the success that the 3ds had after struggling for 6 months (price drop + 3d Zelda, 3d Mario, and Mario Kart) within the next few months to get the Wii U in a solid spot this holiday/early next year.

Is there any basis of this? Edited by MarcelloF

We have 5 games in each all 3 past regions of main Mario games now. We are now moving on to a 4th and it is most likely to have 5 games as well with the second still being in development.

Is there any basis of this?

I wasn't being basis, I'm being honest. The Wii U is suffering from a very similar situation the 3ds did (high price point, lack of software), so the past month or so started this recovery with Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, followed by a price drop/Zelda bundle, a big third party exclusive (Sonic Lost World in the Wii U's case) and ending with DK, Mario 3d World this holiday and Mario Kart next spring. The 3ds went through an almost exact experience (outside of Mario Kart, as MK 8 is coming next year rather than this year and an ambassador program to make up for launch buyers, sucks you guy's aren't getting any GC VC games :(), so me having that assumption isn't that far off.

I wasn't insulting Mario 3d World (as it looks to be a great game), nor was I implying that 3d Land was a slap-dash effort to get a Mario game out for 3ds (it is a very impressive game; a original 3d Mario on a handheld, now that's something biggrin.png), just connecting the dots smile.png.

Edited by RK64

Then I fail to understand your argument. I don't see how it's a result of trying to rush a game out for the holidays, when the facts speak out against that (They themselves have said it was a result of not being able to do some things in 3DLand due to hardware limitations etc), which would more logically lead to the conclusions that the game has been in development since 3DLand finished, which would be about two years. Which I wouldn't call rushing, or them scrambling to get it out by the holidays.

Do you really think the (first) 3D Wii U Mario would've been all that different if the console was doing better? I don't. Maybe (With an emphasis on the maybe) there'd have been more polish due to having more time, but the general game design would still be largely the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't being basis, I'm being honest.

Basis, not bias :P

Although either way I do really agree with your point. 3DW looks like a game that Nintendo is pushing out because 3D Mario sells, not to be an amazing, new experience like every other past 3D Mario game (bar 3DL perhaps).

Although either way I do really agree with your point. 3DW looks like a game that Nintendo is pushing out because 3D Mario sells, not to be an amazing, new experience like every other past 3D Mario game (bar 3DL perhaps).

Honestly, I thought 3D Land was pretty cool, being a sort of bridge between the 2D and 3D line. I'd just rather it be a one time game than make it into a series, though. The way Nintendo drew the simple NSMB out into perhaps their blandest series yet has left me hesitant in that regard.

...I'm not going to weigh in on this one because I was raised on Mario Bros. 2.  The return of anything from that game is automatically an amazing new experience to me.

Part of me honestly hopes that Bowser and Wart will team up in this game. That would be rather interesting, methinks...

Part of me honestly hopes that Bowser and Wart will team up in this game. That would be rather interesting, methinks...

That would be awesome!