Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Am I the only person getting this game for the sole reason of playing as Peach from start to finish, instead of fucking saving her every game?

Am I the only person getting this game for the sole reason of playing as Peach from start to finish, instead of fucking saving her every game?

I might play as her or Toad for the fun of it, nice to mix things up(also floating makes things easier

Honestly if thats literally the only reason you want the game then I think you should rethink your interest a teeny bit.

I think Ill be playing as Toad or Mario the most, Peach seems like it'l make the game a bit too easy, and if Luigi has his poor traction then I'm never gonna use him.

I think I'll play as Peach for the first world for nostalgia's sake since I always played her in Mario 2 as a kid.  Then I'll either use Mario or go straight for Toad and really make a meaty challenge out of my first playthrough.

Different Character stats. to make the game easier or harder the only reason those are here(and exist)in the first place. All of them have the same stats. from SMB 2(USA). Why wouldn't Luigi have his slippery traction, its a 2nd characteristic without it he'd be nothing.

I'll probably end up using Toad, since --

... Also, he was my favorite character to used out of the four in Super Mario Bros. 2. I'm well aware that they're making him the hard-mode character, but I like a challenge, so I'm all for it. I'll probably use Luigi and Peach moderately in second. Mario I'll used the least since I prefer using characters other than him when it's an option.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

They sure are keeping a secret about this. What was the point of showing it at E3? Smash has more info then this game and Donkey kong tropical freeze combined.

Peach is probably the one character I won't play all too much. Because she is a woman. Toad and Luigi are my favorites and Mario is the all-rounder, so that appeals to me more. I'll try her out, but that's possibly all. Plus when I play multiplayer, my sister will want to play Peach.

Hopefully you can play the normal red Toad.

Edited by MarcelloF

Peach is probably the one character I won't play all too much. Because she is a woman. Toad and Luigi are my favorites and Mario is the all-rounder, so that appeals to me more. I'll try her out, but that's possibly all. Plus my when I play multiplayer my sister will want to play Peach.

Hopefully you can play the normal red Toad.

The (red) Toad Brigade Captain from Galaxy was seen on a puzzley-looking stage in the first trailer, but it doesn't look like he'll be playable in a normal fashion.

Different Character stats. to make the game easier or harder the only reason those are here(and exist)in the first place. All of them have the same stats. from SMB 2(USA). Why wouldn't Luigi have his slippery traction, its a 2nd characteristic without it he'd be nothing.

Without his traction he'd probably be broken. That and his higher, floatier jump are his trademark stats. His speed has been inconsistent between games though.(I believe Luigi was slower than Mario in the Smash Bros games & the first Paper Mario but he is faster than him in the Galaxy games) 

They sure are keeping a secret about this. What was the point of showing it at E3? Smash has more info then this game and Donkey kong tropical freeze combined.

Probably so the general public would know that a 3D Mario was coming, and they'd buy Wii U's in anticipation.

Edited by Inferno

Probably so the general public would know that a 3D Mario was coming, and they'd buy Wii U's in anticipation.

Which didn't work at all huh.

Which didn't work at all huh.

Well, it looked good on paper. Maybe all the New SMBs and 3D land etc just made people not care about World as much, even if it is looking to be better than those.

Luigi has only been faster than Mario in 3(4)games: Super Mario Bros. 2: Lost Levels, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, and NSLU. He's always ran at the same speed as Mario otherwise except for SM64 Ds for some reason. He's only faster if he's actually put in to be harder to play as. If not then he's actually made easier, with one flaw. Besides Mario being all around/jack of all stats. Luigi, Toad, and Peach all have two distinct characteristics, One good one bad.

What they need to do... is start making posters and those card board stands that hold games like they did for Super Mario Land. That game title was everywhere for advertisements. They need to do the same for this game, but im shocked after the Wii U's struggles.... Nintendo STILL isn't doing anything to help the systems...even supporting there up-coming big Mario title? Shocking...

What they need to do... is start making posters and those card board stands that hold games like they did for Super Mario Land. That game title was everywhere for advertisements. They need to do the same for this game, but im shocked after the Wii U's struggles.... Nintendo STILL isn't doing anything to help the systems...even supporting there up-coming big Mario title? Shocking...

True. They've done NOTHING to promote this game since E3...

True. They've done NOTHING to promote this game since E3...

Maybe Miyamoto is leery of how the public will take a 'kidnap the princess-free' storyline.

It's still over two months away what the hell are you guys even talking about.  Everyone's gonna buy it, it's friggin' Mario.

They're not gonna be making standees or adverts until the game's launch is imminent.

It's still over two months away what the hell are you guys even talking about.  Everyone's gonna buy it, it's friggin' Mario.

They're not gonna be making standees or adverts until the game's launch is imminent.

What is everyone talking about? The fact there's been no promotion of this game sans it's announcement at E3. No new trailers, batches of screenshots, previews from press sites... it's rather quiet.

And nobody's gonna buy it cause nobody has a Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can understand that aspect, just people talking about posters and standees and stuff with over 2 months to go.

But you know me I'm so anti-spoiler I am totally okay with them keeping this game under wraps.

I can understand that aspect, just people talking about posters and standees and stuff with over 2 months to go.

But you know me I'm so anti-spoiler I am totally okay with them keeping this game under wraps.

That doesn't sound out of the ordinary though. 2 months to go for one of Nintendo's biggest Wii U sellers this season? Get that stuff in stores already, and let people know it exists. People like to plan ahead for big purchases and Christmas presents.

On a personal level I'm okay with them keeping the game under wraps, but you know, what they're doing right now that doesn't make sense. I hope that they start showing it off properly soon.

Edited by Blue Blood

I remember when the Wii came out... all I saw on T.V was... "We would like to play." For almost ALL its first party titles, all the way till the next year of its life with Metroid Prime 3, even GALAXY! Galaxy had alot of commercals... you would think with a struggling system, you would wanna promote the system with its new game... -shrugs-

I have a Wii U, I love Nintendo to death but they gotta step it up. They normally always pull posters and commercials early for there first party titles.

They DID start advertising Mario Kart 7 about 2 weeks or so before launch.  I guess they'll do the same here, but 2 months is a bit overkill I think.

Is there really that pressing of a need to market Mario out of all things?

You'll see the push start after the next Direct. Galaxy 2 was also swept under the rug until an entire seven months after it's announcement.

Most Mario games don't get a "marketing push" until a few weeks before launch.

• Thumbs Up 2