Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Eurogamer have a new video up of all of the most recently demoed levels:

It's mostly just a bunch of stuff we've already seen, but it does give us a bit of a closer look at the world map and the loading icon. (Which is a rare, normal colored NES Mario sprite. Looks quite nice with those details.)

Edit: MOAR NEW LEVELS! (Sketchy quality and kinda cringey hosts, but whatevs):

Love the map of the overall Sprixie Kingdom that they've worked in. It's a nice detail.

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog
  • Thumbs Up 4

No one's discussing the new interviews that have appeared today from a SM3DW press video conference earlier this week? 

This one from GoNintendo is a good read, minus the filler where RMC talks about himself and this experience.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=215300

As I said in the statuses earlier, I'm annoyed with Miyamoto's constant push for local multiplayer/co-op vs online multiplayer/co-op, and it doesn't sound like that's going to change anytime soon if the Wii U isn't considered up to the task technology-wise.

Miyamoto also felt the need to interject with a point about online play. He knows some people are wondering why the game doesn't feature online co-op, which plays right into the ideas discussed above. That local experience of seeing the people you're playing with is very, very important. This was the case with Pikmin 3 and is also the case with Super Mario 3D World. Miyamoto does indicate that this could change as time goes on and technology changes, but for the time being, the local multiplayer experience is what makes the most sense for the dev team's goals.

kittyheaddesk-e1275794890271.jpg

Everything else has me pretty hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

IIRC, the Wii-U has decent online infrastructure now, with the Nintendo Network ID's and Miiverse and such. So now there's no fucking excuse, especially when Online multiplayer is always done well in the Mario Kart titles, ever since Wii, and heads-fucking-up: The Wii had really crappy online infrastructure.

Edited by Ghostly Warp

IIRC, the Wii-U has decent online infrastructure now, with the Nintendo Network ID's and Miiverse and such. So now there's no fucking excuse, especially when Online multiplayer is always done well in the Mario kart titles. 

It was done well in Mario Strikers Charged...but that wasn't a solo effort by Sakurai.

So let me get this straight, he doesn't like Online multiplayer because you cant see the person you're playing with?

Miyamoto, buddy, I love ya, but that's bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 2

The way I see it, Miyamoto really seems to think the world is Japan, where everyone is cramped together in cities. I mean, a lot of what he bases his opinions on just seem to come from a Japanese point of view, such as, the camera control being overwhelming, and the lack of desire for online multiplayer. 

The more I see of this the more I want it! Christmas can't come soon enough~

But yeah Miyamoto's comments are a bit silly here, especially now that the Wii U actually has proper online. >>

• Thumbs Up 1

mario_3d_world_art-11.jpg

I am Catwoman. Hear me roar. 

"TIME TO ACCESSORIZE"

Edited by Sixth-Scream Soma

ya.....Mario has nothing, his ability was being balanced. but that's boring.

Small issue though

Edit: peach is beyond Cute in that cat suit.

Edited by jordine

mario_3d_world_art-11.jpg

I am Catwoman. Hear me roar. 

"TIME TO ACCESSORIZE"

Hai guis,

it's a....

FUZZY PEACH.

Edit:

Stamp designs! Luigi's cat suit has leopard spots. The 2-D Mario drawings still remain my favorite Mario art style - even seeing the newer enemies, objects and characters in this style makes them really fall into place within the Marioverse.

mario_3d_world_art-29.jpg

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 8

2D Mario art was always one of my favorite things from the old games. So glad they've been bringing that back with 3D Land and World.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the 2D art is my personal favorite style, too. Ever since they brought it back starting with all of that random merch, I've been collecting as much of it as I can. (I even bit on two of those Club Nintendo folder/bookmark sets. XD)

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog

I'm sure somebody could make that happen, i would do it but i've recently come down with a nasty case of both "I'm too lazy" and Batman Arkham Origins.

Blue Toad = Troll Toad...Yes!

Troll Toad is now canon.

Matt of SGB will be very pleased with this.................

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt of SGB will be very pleased with this.................

I know. I was watching their playthrough of NSMBWii and it got really old.

ya.....Mario has nothing, his ability was being balanced. but that's boring.

Small issue though

Edit: peach is beyond Cute in that cat suit.

Doesn't everybody else's ability have a disadvantage? Luigi jumps high but is slippery, toad runs fast but has the lowest jump and peach can fly and what ever her disadvantage was in mario 2