Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Doesn't everybody else's ability have a disadvantage? Luigi jumps high but is slippery, toad runs fast but has the lowest jump and peach can fly and what ever her disadvantage was in mario 2

Peach is the slowest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, looks like another game where I can't play the multiplayer because i have absolutely zero friends who like Nintendo and live within a reasonable distance. Still, that's better than playing the game with someone you can't see, right guys?

Right?

• Thumbs Up 5

I may be the minority on this, but I honestly can't see how online multiplayer would make this game better.

You must not like parties?

I love online. I wish it had it. Look at Sonic Lost World for example. Apparently the multiplayer is AMAZING, but since it's local only you can't find anyone to play with. Multiplayer adds a new realm of depth and fun.

It's increasingly difficult to find someone to play with as you age. When I was 10, sure I could get people to come over and have fun. But being older, people are no longer in that gaming mode anymore and prefer to just play online. People also seem to picture Nintendo as 'kiddy' which also brings forth a problem.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

You must not like parties?

I love online. I wish it had it. Look at Sonic Lost World for example. Apparently the multiplayer is AMAZING, but since it's local only you can't find anyone to play with. Multiplayer adds a new realm of depth and fun.

It's increasingly difficult to find someone to play with as you age. When I was 10, sure I could get people to come over and have fun. But being older, people are no longer in that gaming mode anymore and prefer to just play online. People also seem to picture Nintendo as 'kiddy' which also brings forth a problem.

Lag thats all i have to say. From my experiences playing online games who ever has a bad internet can royally screw everybody over

Friends only online exists.

i know even if im playing with my friends theyre are days where somebodies internet sucks. Since where on the subject why is that people get annoyed when co op mario platformers dont have online co op but never get annoyed when Rayman Origins and Legends do the samething?

i know even if im playing with my friends theyre are days where somebodies internet sucks. Since where on the subject why is that people get annoyed when co op mario platformers dont have online co op but never get annoyed when Rayman Origins and Legends do the samething?

I think it's because Mario is more mainstream and people have been requesting it since the days of the Wii(or was it the DS?). Rayman isn't as famous nor does it tote the multiplayer as much as Mario(that was the main gimmick with NSMBWii)

• Thumbs Up 3

I used Sonic as an example so it's not just a Mario problem.

BUT! Nintendo does this with all their games. Why didn't Pikmin 3 have online?

Ironically, while one the concept of Online

So during a video interview at Nintendo's NYC-based HQ earlier this week, I asked Miyamoto if he had changed his mind at all for Super Mario 3D World, which comes out on November 22. Would he ever consider adding online multiplayer to a Mario game?

"While online play is certainly technically possible for us, it simply wasn’t the focus for us this time around," Miyamoto said. "What we really wanted to do was to create something that people could experience fully while playing comfortably with others who were nearby them, and this is something we decided would be best for Pikmin and the best case for Mario here as well.

"Now that is to say the answer to this question might change in ten years time, if there’s a future game where for example we don’t think it’s important to be able to see the face of the person you’re playing with, then we might be able to focus more on some online function there. But for right now our focus is really on a comfortable play experience with people in the same room."

>Ten Years
Looks like I'll never be able to try out the multiplayer functions of a Mario game.

if there’s a future game where for example we don’t think it’s important to be able to see the face of the person you’re playing with

But....but.....the gamepad has a camera. You could pull a StarFox 64 3D.

Time to get hyped for an online multiplayer Mario game coming in 2023.......

Edited by canderson

BUT! Nintendo does this with all their games. Why didn't Pikmin 3 have online?

So you can slug your friend when they win.

• Thumbs Up 1

[W]hy is that people get annoyed when co op mario platformers dont have online co op but never get annoyed when Rayman Origins and Legends do the samething?

It's fucking annoying regardless of the game that does it. Part of me thinks it's even worse that Rayman Legends has no online because 1) the game was delayed several months and 2) the developers aren't Nintendo and should fucking know better. Instead of adding a feature that common sense dictates should be implemented during the extra development time, you decided to give us recycled levels from Origins? Bullshit. That's part of the reason why I refuse to buy Legends at full price.

Latency be damned. Internet connection speeds are only going to get faster and stronger as time goes on anyway. Online play in this day and age should be standardized for games primarily focused on multiplayer. It's just a wasted opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 6

Online play in this day and age should be standardized for games primarily focused on multiplayer.

I wouldn't consider this and the Rayman games to be primarily focused on multiplayer. It's not an insignificant feature, but the games are at least as solid as single-player games, if not more.

• Thumbs Up 7

Honestly, what I see with nintendo, is that they have liked to keep their brand a personal experience, its a centerpiece, its something for you to enjoy, and use as an icebreaker, and to enjoy with your firends, and honestly its a major part of the reason they have survived so long. you may not like it, but part of nintendos image is a comradadeship with the player

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, what I see with nintendo, is that they have liked to keep their brand a personal experience, its a centerpiece, its something for you to enjoy, and use as an icebreaker, and to enjoy with your firends, and honestly its a major part of the reason they have survived so long. you may not like it, but part of nintendos image is a comradadeship with the player

You know, they could have both this and Online multiplayer............................by just having both local and online.

It's not rocket science.

• Thumbs Up 2

A precision platformer like Mario combined with Nintendo's inability to keep shit from lagging leads me to believe that any online play in this game would just result in people bitching about how shitty the online play is.

• Thumbs Up 1

A precision platformer like Mario combined with Nintendo's inability to keep shit from lagging leads me to believe that any online play in this game would just result in people bitching about how shitty the online play is.

Then why don't they just make it good online, so that if you have decent internet you won't lag?

Not every Nintendo online effort has to be like Brawl. They don't have an excuse, it's 2013.

Edited by Ghostly Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Then why don't they just make it good online, so that if you have decent internet you won't lag?

Not every Nintendo online effort has to be like Brawl. They don't have an excuse, it's 2013.

One of the best online efforts from Nintendo was Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart Wii looked like shit even when it came out.

This is probably the most graphically intense Mario game ever. I just can't imagine it being lagless.

One of the best online efforts from Nintendo was Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart Wii looked like shit even when it came out.

This is probably the most graphically intense Mario game ever. I just can't imagine it being lagless.

Lots of other graphically intensive games have good online, why can't Mario?

Lots of other graphically intensive games have good online, why can't Mario?

Because, as we've been shown many, many, MANY times, Nintendo doesn't handle internet very well to begin with?

Not to mention a lot of those games are shooters. A little lag can't ruin a shooter like it can a platformer.

Hell, the only platformer I can think of that had online multiplayer was LittleBigPlanet, and with it came a whole shitload of issues.

Because, as we've been shown many, many, MANY times, Nintendo doesn't handle internet very well to begin with?

Not to mention a lot of those games are shooters. A little lag can't ruin a shooter like it can a platformer.

Hell, the only platformer I can think of that had online multiplayer was LittleBigPlanet, and with it came a whole shitload of issues.

And there in lies the problem. Again, it's 2013, they SHOULD be able to handle it by now.

The Fancy Pants Adventures (downloadable platformer for XLBA/PSN/PC) has online, and from what I've played it works pretty well there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And there in lies the problem. Again, it's 2013, they SHOULD be able to handle it by now.

The Fancy Pants Adventures (downloadable platformer for XLBA/PSN/PC) has online, and from what I've played it works pretty well there. 

Fancy Pants Adventures is fun, but it has the graphical intensity of a flash game. It doesn't really serve your point.

You say they SHOULD be able to handle it like many other people were able to pull it off. If it was something like NSMB, maybe I could agree, but this is also a full 3D platformer.

Fancy Pants Adventures is a 2D Platform with some of the simplest graphics ever. This is a 3D platformer that can have up to 4 players on screen and happens to be one of the most graphically intense Mario games yet.