Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Fancy Pants Adventures is fun, but it has the graphical intensity of a flash game. It doesn't really serve your point.

You say they SHOULD be able to handle it like many other people were able to pull it off. If it was something like NSMB, maybe I could agree, but this is also a full 3D platformer.

Borderlands is a full 3d game, it's not a platformer, but it is graphically intensive and has really good online co-op. 

Borderlands is a full 3d game, it's not a platformer, but it is graphically intensive and has really good online co-op. 

Borderlands isn't actually that technically impressive. The style just makes it look really good. It serves the game really well.

And, once again, a shooter wouldn't be ruined by lag like a platformer would.

Borderlands isn't actually that technically impressive. The style just makes it look really good. It serves the game really well.

And, once again, a shooter wouldn't be ruined by lag like a platformer would.

You'd be surprised..................

And as for not technically impressive...............couldn't you sort of say the same thing for 3d World? It has a great looking cartoony style, but it's not ultra-realistic hardcore demanding graphics. It's a Mario game after all, it's supposed to be cartoony.

Edited by Ghostly Warp

So how long are we going to go back and forth with this?

There's probably no technical reason that this game can't have online co-op. They just chose not to pursue it.

• Thumbs Up 7

You'd be surprised..................

And as for not technically impressive...............couldn't you sort of say the same thing for 3d World? It has a great looking cartoony style, but it's not ultra-realistic hardcore demanding graphics. It's a Mario game after all, it's supposed to be cartoony.

Think of it this way. Not only is it the best 3D looking Mario game to date, It's also a first shot at a full 3D Mario on new hardware. It's using all sorts of new graphical effects that Mario doesn't normally use. It being cartoony doesn't stop it from being graphically intensive. Especially when you consider that Nintendo is new to this kind of thing.

There could be dozens of reasons why they didn't do online multiplayer, but the bullshit excuses like "you cant see the guy you're playing with" are just annoying when Mario Kart is their big multiplayer franchise and that excuse never applied to it.

Edited by Christopher the Thorndyke
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fail to see why graphics are an issue when all that online play transfers is the player's position, leaving the receiving console to render in something it can already do- up to 4 players simultaneously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to say, the game will have far more than 4 player characters on the screen at the same time with the cherry.

Just to say, the game will have far more than 4 player characters on the screen at the same time with the cherry.

That powerup is not in every level though. On top of that if that powerup will cause problems for the online multiplayer, just leave those levels that contain it out or remove that cherry powerup from the multiplayer if you don't have to use it to complete levels it's in.

"Graphical intensity" is an utterly laughable excuse for a lack of online multiplayer and I'm not sure why it is even being brought up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but POTENTIAL BIG SPOILERS BELOW:

Rosalina? http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=215516

Edited by Mark1

I'm sure that you'll get stickers of her, but I doubt she'll be playable.

I swear to fucking god if she's playable and wario isn't i'm going to lose my shit

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a playable Rosalina as an unlockable. It'd probably be more interesting for this sort of game than having Yoshi or Wario would be.

ETA: Spoiler tags. Sorry, Blue -- I wasn't thinking.

Edited by Komodin

I love how everyone is completely disregarding the spoiler tags.

It would be a really cool bonus, but I'll not hold my breath.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having a playable Rosalina as an unlockable. It'd probably be more interesting for this sort of game than having Yoshi or Wario would be.

Though technicly if you wanted a team of alternates it would proably be Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and yoshi

I love how everyone is completely disregarding the spoiler tags.

It would be a really cool bonus, but I'll not hold my breath.

Bowser gets kidnapped!

Though technicly if you wanted a team of alternates it would proably be Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and yoshi

Yoshi...he would be as a better Luigi and Toad because he's faster and has the Flutter Jump.

One question, how is the above a spoiler? It was revealed through a publicly released screenshot and it's just people speculating. Just because someone (well, EVERYONE) realizes what it is does not really make it a spoiler.

If it was something super secret that wasn't revealed until people actually got to play it, I could understand. But this? Even the source doesn't bother marking it a spoiler. It's obvious and in your face.

• Thumbs Up 5

I swear to fucking god if she's playable and wario isn't i'm going to lose my shit

This sums up my opinion on Rosalina being playable perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 1

This sums up my opinion on Rosalina being playable perfectly.

Glad I'm not the only one...

Much as I like Wario being his own thing, I'd still like him to appear in the Mario series from time to time.  It's not like he isn't iconic or popular.

-sigh-

I'm wasting my time, aren't I?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't care about Waluigi at all.

Wario, however, would be amazing.

Count me in as someone who'd be more than okay with just Rosalina, though. But I'm not convinced by the sticker thing that she'll be playable. We'll see. XP