Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

A video containing some more gameplay and a look at a bit more of the intro, including a rare canonical appearance of Mario and Luigi actually doing some plumbing work!

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog
  • Thumbs Up 6

Does this mean we might see Peach actually do something Princess-y? :U

The most we'll get is being the damsel in distress.

How will she be the damsel in distress if you're playing her?

They'll find a way. Never doubt Nintendo when it comes to disappointing with the Mario cast.

They'll find a way. Never doubt Nintendo when it comes to disappointing with the Mario cast.

Oh yeah piss off one of the four players when they find their game is over involuntarily just to keep up Nintendo traditions and sit there watching their 3 mates finish the job.

They brought back the secret slide theme from Mario 64! Doesn't sound as great as Galaxy 2's version or the original but I love that song so much I can't complain.

Edited by -Bisharp-

I know you're joking, but I seriously doubt that'll happen. The Sprixie princesses are already filling that role, so why would Peach get kidnapped, which would mean you couldn't play her for time due to the story, which we know Nintendo wouldn't put over the gameplay.

Also, I wouldn't be disappointed. I really don't care about that =P

Oh yeah piss off one of the four players when they find their game is over involuntarily just to keep up Nintendo traditions and sit there watching their 3 mates finish the job.

You can't even finish the game in single player if you use Peach.

I got to play World 2-1 of the demo for this at the MCM Expo yesterday, and needless to say it's pretty damn amazing. It feels like a mix between 3D Land and Galaxy, handling as smoothly as any another 3D Mario game out there. The cat power-up is great fun not only with the claw attacks but also the wall-climbing to allow for added exploration. It was obviously only an introductory sort of stage so there was nothing that really surprised me but for getting the hang of things it definitely did its job, and I can't wait to get my hands on the full game in a month's time.

Oh, and I got the highest score out of the four people playing the demo :P go me! Stick a crown on my head already, dammit!

The only downside I can really foresee in 3D World is that, like in NSMBWii/U before it, things will no doubt get absolutely hectic in multiplayer... but I gather that's the point if you're playing in that mode, really!

You can't even finish the game in single player if you use Peach.

Unless Peach is replaced by Rosalina in the last world

Does this mean we might see Peach actually do something Princess-y? :U

Well she did lead the way into the clear pipe after Bowser, so I guess that kinda counts

Well she did lead the way into the clear pipe after Bowser, so I guess that kinda counts

I'll take it.

Now all we need is Gotta Go Fast Toad to do, uh. Whatever it is Toads do. Be turned into blocks?

Peach will be kidnapped by Bowser, Toad will be turned into a block, Mario will have to fix a massive leak and Luigi will be called out for more ghost-busting, thus leaving the game completely unbeatable

Peach will be kidnapped by Bowser, Toad will be turned into a block, Mario will have to fix a massive leak and Luigi will be called out for more ghost-busting, thus leaving the game completely unbeatable

Aha, but there's still one hero left. The one who will put a stop to Bowser, save the Princess and Toad, and help the Mario Bros. in their duties...

image_62141_thumb_wide610.jpg

[Toad voice] yippe-ki-yay

• Thumbs Up 1

Aha, but there's still one hero left. The one who will put a stop to Bowser, save the Princess and Toad, and help the Mario Bros. in their duties...

image_62141_thumb_wide610.jpg

[Toad voice] yippe-ki-yay

You mean WARIO!... or yoshi

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but Rosalina is one of my favorite characters, so I would be totally down for her to be playable. She's all I ever played as in Mario Kart Wii and 7 anyway. 

Sure, Wario and Yoshi would be cool too. I'm actually surprised there are no ridable Yoshis in this game after how common they were in the NSMB series.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but Rosalina is one of my favorite characters, so I would be totally down for her to be playable. She's all I ever played as in Mario Kart Wii and 7 anyway. 

Sure, Wario and Yoshi would be cool too. I'm actually surprised there are no ridable Yoshis in this game after how common they were in the NSMB series.

Well they were only in the console games an only 1 in each world in only 1 level. I'm not really surprised, Miyamoto will probably wait until the last 2 games.

What do you mean by "the last two games"?

Last 2 3Dland styled games, or last 3 if the "pattern" goes on.

Edited by Chrononego

What pattern are you talking about? The NSMB one? that would be 4 games on 4 different consoles. That's the only pattern I can think of, but Yoshi was in the second game there.  He was also in the second Galaxy game and the second 64 styled game, so if anything one would deduce that Yoshi would be in the the second 3DLand game.

I don't really get it.