Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

What pattern are you talking about? The NSMB one? that would be 4 games on 4 different consoles. That's the only pattern I can think of, but Yoshi was in the second game there.  He was also in the second Galaxy game and the second 64 styled game, so if anything one would deduce that Yoshi would be in the the second 3DLand game.

I don't really get it.

There are 5 Classic SMB games, 5 3D collect-a-thon platformer games, 5 2D NSMB games, right now they are on the 2D in 3D platformer games and there will most likely be 3 or 2 more games for that style.

There are 5 Classic SMB games, 5 3D collect-a-thon platformer games, 5 2D NSMB games, right now they are on the 2D in 3D platformer games and there will most likely be 3 or 2 more games for that style.

There are?

Seriously, there's SM64 and Sunshine. If you wanna get funky, you can count the two Galaxy games, but there's still one missing from five.

There's only 4 NSMB games. NSLU is DLC/an expansion.

An I wouldn't count Yoshi's Island as a classic SMB game. Unless you're counting both Super Mario Bros 2 USA and the original SMB2?

Edited by MarcelloF

Oh I see it.

NSMB came to the DS

Then came NSMBW for the Wii

Then came NSMB2 for 3DS and NSMBU on Wii U

and lastly, NSLU for DLC and retail on Wii U

So is it safe to say the next two 3D land 2 and 3D world 2 will come out in the same year? Who knows.

And the fifth being DLC or another game of that style

Edited by jordine

I'm seeing speculation in the comments that the 4th sticker in that article is the Red Brigade Toad's Player icon, not a sticker of Rosalina. You can see the shape of the searchlight and mushroom cap. I'm guessing this pretty much confirms Red Brigade Toad as playable, like we've suspected?

We know he's playable in his own little minigame thing; they showed it in the very first video, I think. Whether he's playable outside of them at any point, we don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are?

Seriously, there's SM64 and Sunshine. If you wanna get funky, you can count the two Galaxy games, but there's still one missing from five.

There's only 4 NSMB games. NSLU is DLC/an expansion.

An I wouldn't count Yoshi's Island as a classic SMB game. Unless you're counting both Super Mario Bros 2 USA and the original SMB2?

The 5th(extra)game of each era is SMB 2(Lost levels), NSLU, and SM64Ds, while they don't really add anything to the games they expand from they're still seperate games.

Just watched the English version of that extended trailer on the eShop. They actually put in a variation of online multiplayer using other players' ghosts? This just makes me even more annoyed that they didn't put in online multiplayer. That feature is actually introduced in the trailer saying "Connect to the internet", too. :lol: Way to troll, Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/03/open-world-super-mario-possible-if-fans-ask-for-it-3d-world-wont-have-dlc-gamepad-used-extensively/

Two pieces of news.

3D World wont have ANY DLC. 

The second, more interesting one is that the Mario team would be willing to develop an open world Mario adventure if a lot of fans ask for it. Maybe we should get on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/03/open-world-super-mario-possible-if-fans-ask-for-it-3d-world-wont-have-dlc-gamepad-used-extensively/

Two pieces of news.

3D World wont have ANY DLC. 

The second, more interesting one is that the Mario team would be willing to develop an open world Mario adventure if a lot of fans ask for it. Maybe we should get on that.

Ah Nintendo, you finally have an online interface cira 2006, yet in regards to DLC you're still stuck in 2001.......................

Ah Nintendo, you finally have an online interface cira 2006, yet in regards to DLC you're still stuck in 2001.......................

Sounds like a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Means they won't release paid content that should've been in the game to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sounds like a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Means they won't release paid content that should've been in the game to begin with.

Yeah, but I trust the game design skills of Nintendo to not do that if they were to theoretically release DLC. 

Which is why DLC has been released for Fire Emblem Awakening, Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U without actually being shitty or intruding with the main game in the slightest? If Nintendo's stuck in the past on that front, then I say they should stay there. DLC nowadays has a lot of bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Which is why DLC has been released for Fire Emblem Awakening, Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U without actually being shitty or intruding with the main game in the slightest? If Nintendo's stuck in the past on that front, then I say they should stay there. DLC nowadays has a lot of bullshit.

Those 3 games basically shows that they are capable of doing good DLC,  it's disappointing for 3d World to get shafted. 

Why is it getting shafted if ideas that might be okay for DLC go toward making the next big Mario game? A game should be complete at launch, and I detest the current trend of us having to buy what should've been part of the base game separately.

• Thumbs Up 8

I honestly don't have any great desire for a game to have DLC. A game should be (and I expect this one will be) worth buying on its own. DLC would just be a bonus.

I just don't get how this game not having DLC suddenly suggests that they're behind by a decade.

Why is it getting shafted if ideas that might be okay for DLC go toward making the next big Mario game? A game should be complete at launch, and I detest the current trend of us having to buy what should've been part of the base game separately.

I can't argue with this logic, but eh, it's still kinda disappointing that we won't get anything at all for 3d World. I mean, you don't know how much money I would slam on the table for online co-op DLC..................

That's...not something I would expect to be DLC anyway...

Yeah, but a man can dream.........................

Single-player DLC would still be cool though.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I can't argue with this logic, but eh, it's still kinda disappointing that we won't get anything at all for 3d World. I mean, you don't know how much money I would slam on the table for online co-op DLC..................

If they were going to be put online co-op into the game, it'd be a much-touted feature of the main product. Not DLC.

If they were going to be put online co-op into the game, it'd be a much-touted feature of the main product. Not DLC.

See the post above yours.

Edited by Chaos Warp

See the post above yours.

Sure, a man can dream, but it's a bit of an unrealistic dream nevertheless

As for single player DLC, what could they really add aside from more levels and more characters? In the former case I'd rather they had all the levels in there to begin with, and in the latter case at least, it's very unlikely to happen at all. We should be thankful they've given us four unique playable characters with their own attributes rather than the usual NSMB treatment, anything else would just be pushing our luck or at best we'd get simple reskins of the existing characters (which is really no better than what the likes of Capcom do with alternate costumes).

Sure, a man can dream, but it's a bit of an unrealistic dream nevertheless

As for single player DLC, what could they really add aside from more levels and more characters? In the former case I'd rather they had all the levels in there to begin with, and in the latter case at least, it's very unlikely to happen at all. We should be thankful they've given us four unique playable characters with their own attributes rather than the usual NSMB treatment, anything else would just be pushing our luck or at best we'd get simple reskins of the existing characters.

What's wrong with more levels and more characters as long as the game feels complete on it's own without the DLC? That's not really a bad thing. More levels of a good game? I wound't pass that up.