Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

What's wrong with more levels and more characters as long as the game feels complete on it's own without the DLC? That's not really a bad thing. More levels of a good game? I wound't pass that up. 

It's not a bad thing, it's just I'd rather get everything for the £40-odd I'll have to spend for the main game anyway instead of having to buy what are essentially expansion packs. If the levels are absolutely mindblowingly awesome and introduce new mechanics then sure, they can be DLC all the way, but if it's simply "here's some more levels that are just like all those other levels except these ones cost money" then I'm not that keen on the idea.

It's not a bad thing, it's just I'd rather get everything for the £40-odd I'll have to spend for the main game anyway instead of having to buy what are essentially expansion packs. If the levels are absolutely mindblowingly awesome and introduce new mechanics then sure, they can be DLC all the way, but if it's simply "here's some more levels that are just like all those other levels except these ones cost money" then I'm not that keen on the idea.

Well, any good new level should introduce new mechanics. I wasn't talking about a "level pack" kind of DLC where they just use the existing worlds, I was talking full-on new levels. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

I'm pretty glad they're not pulling a NSMB2 with DLC this time.

That was the most Capcom bullshit I've ever seen. :I

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have a problem with more stages as DLC, it can allow the devs to add mechanics/items they couldn't have added to due to time restrictions.

I'd be okay with DLC too, but I think that just goes to show the developers feel they're putting a decent amount of content into the actual game to the point where DLC levels would be unnecessary. *shrug*

I don't mind DLC at all. It's not something I'll clamor for (or even necessarily get), but for those who want to extend the life of an already robust game, it's a welcome bonus. Besides, I only find it problematic when developers intentionally withhold already-made content from the final release; I don't find anything wrong with adding more stuff post-release, whether it's for any variety of reasons such as having more time to add new stuff or it not being within their priorities or budget while developing the full game.

It depends on the level of DLC. Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt far more than a standard DLC. If Nintendo makes a sequel, they always make it worth the money.

According to the article, all they said is "no plans". I think they said the same thing with Pikmin 3 and look, we got DLC.

DLC would be great if they still had some ideas that couldn't get in the game, its kinda weird that they're jumping this opportunity. I'd be better than a full "new" game. Lookin' at you Galaxy 2

Also Wario or bust.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only way I'd want DLC for this would be if New Super Luigi U style, we're it's basically an extra game worth of content, and it's Super Wario 3D World, featuring a team of Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and a random Goomba. 

Otherwise DLC can go fuck itself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Only way I'd want DLC for this would be if New Super Luigi U style, we're it's basically an extra game worth of content, and it's Super Wario 3D World, featuring a team of Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and a random Goomba member of the Kong family. 

Otherwise DLC can go fuck itself. 

Fixed that for you. Who wouldn't want to see Donkey Kong in a fucking CAT SUIT.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind DLC especially if it was themed or something? Like a Mario Kart DLC to advertise Mario Kart 8 where you have a level that you have to travel the circuit avoiding karts, heck maybe add one as a rideable item. DLC like that would be great one of a kind and not " here's another level" which would probably be awesome anyway knowing Ninty

Edited by Jolt_TH

Oh I see it.

NSMB came to the DS

Then came NSMBW for the Wii

Then came NSMB2 for 3DS and NSMBU on Wii U

and lastly, NSLU for DLC and retail on Wii U

So is it safe to say the next two 3D land 2 and 3D world 2 will come out in the same year? Who knows.

And the fifth being DLC or another game of that style

I don't know what they're talking about, but in terms of patterns for the 3D games has been

64 Style- 64, Sunshine

Galaxy- Galaxy, Galaxy 2

3D- 3D Land, 3D World

I'm just expecting a new gameplay style after this one

Why the fuck are we talking about DLC and not this

The second, more interesting one is that the Mario team would be willing to develop an open world Mario adventure if a lot of fans ask for it. Maybe we should get on that.

I need this Nintendo

I have wanted this for years. Another open world Mario adventure with the platforming of 3D Land/World? I will sell you my body to fund this.

At least this Wii-U platformer won't let anyone down.............

Incredibly easy to make shameful baiting shots fired?

• Thumbs Up 3

>possible open-world Mario if fans demand it

Why the fuck are we talking about DLC and not this

I can't wait for 3D World myself, looking absolutely astounding, but this has piqued my interest even higher. Put this new style and 64/Sunshine in a blender, make open world, BAM game of the decade.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 2

It depends on what we mean by open world. If we mean larger less linear stages like 64, then ok as long as the platforming is still top notch. If it's like GTA big Open World? Then screw that.

I don't really see how it makes the flow or the game feel worse. In say, Bob-omb Battlefield, I can play for the millionth time right now and still not get tired of that level because of how big it is and fun to just run in any direction with using the acrobatic moves and whatnot, interacting with everything and having no bounds but the stage itself, it felt amazing.

Sunshine was really big and empty for a lot of it but I can trust the idea that Nintendo may have learned a lot from then on. 3D World already looks to be offering really nice, big stages regardless of the singular A-to-B format, which is def-o-nite-ly good enough for me right now, but to make a game that captures that sense of adventure, that sense of atmosphere and exploration again like 64 (or even other related games like Banjo-Kazooie) did.. why would I not want that?

Its not like Nintendo would pull off the traditional way of open-world that everyone else has adopted anyways. They often make their own way of doing things, which often in turn inspires everyone else while they're at it. They're pretty good at that.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 3

I prefer Nintendo to stick with tight, straightforward platforming with Mario. Not that I would mind another game like Mario 64 but I don't consider the SM64 formula to be the ultimate best that 3D Mario can be. I actually had far more fun playing 3D Land than I do playing SM64 these days without factoring in my nostalgic love for it.

• Thumbs Up 7

plus SM64 is total garbage to play now

Something I'd like to see revisited is the branching paths within levels/worlds, but on the SMW level and not just the "beat this level is a funny way and now you're in world 7" way.  Like, two secret worlds worth, that can only be found by the diligent gamer.

Yeah, it's not as big of a deal now, what with the internet and all, but still.  I cannot even begin to describe the wonder that SMW gives me; the world is so big and mysterious, with so many secrets and treasures.  The only game that did it better was Wario Land 2.

Also, I'd like to see plenty of different Power-Ups in this.  SM3DL was fun, but it was pretty stinky that we only had three Power-Ups to choose from, besides the Stone Tanooki Suit.  While I normally don't like SMB3, one of the things it did right, in my opinion, was that there were a lot of different power-ups that could be used in different situations (although the fact that you only got them like once in the whole game was stupid).

Whatever, though.  This game already looks like a fucking dream, so I'm game either way.

• Thumbs Up 1