Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

So a random question before I get to play this game on Friday.

How many times can Mario multiply with the Cherry power up? Does it have a limit?

But seriously I have no idea

• Thumbs Up 2

So a random question before I get to play this game on Friday.

How many times can Mario multiply with the Cherry power up? Does it have a limit?

You're pretty much limited to how many you can find per level. The most I had on screen was 8 Marios.

Have fun with the game. =D

• Thumbs Up 2

But seriously I have no idea

They missed a pretty good opportunity to make a Super Mario 128-based level!

Maybe Nintendo will release DLC of Captain Toad and Mystery House stages.

They missed a pretty good opportunity to make a Super Mario 128-based level!

I think it's confirm there won't be any dlc for this game. 

Also if play 4 players, more cherries will spawn. 

I'll test it out!

I think it's confirm there won't be any dlc for this game. 

Also if play 4 players, more cherries will spawn. 

I'll test it out!

Oh well...

I should try it out too!

Didn't they say there wouldn't be any DLC for Pikmin 3, but there ended up being some anyway?

Nintendo lies.

Yeah, let's ignore the amazing ACTUAL gameplay and service the bonus areas. :U

If we get DLC, it better be characters or worlds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love it if they did another huge level pack like New Super Luigi U.

So 3D World sold almost 100,000 copies in about 3 days in Japan...that's good right?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/27/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-super-mario-3d-world-debut-poorly-in-japan

For 3 days? Yeah, that's not bad at all considering Japan. People online are still using it as "Nintendoomed" fodder, though. They really shouldn't be including it in there with Lightning Returns, which did have a full week of sales.

Edit: Wait, Lightning Returns was released on the 21st too. Why the fuck is this news at all, then? They haven't even actually had a week to exist.

I actually saw that when I was playing actually and was like "what the hell?". Now I think about the little kid that lives in a broken home.

That's sad.

Remember that some people's lives aren't good as ours!

Or his mom and dad we're just fighting in the game over the crown. Stuff like that tends to happen.

EDIT: Wait... My... Is... Alex. :o

Mollfie was able to get me a copy of this early.  I have literally done nothing but play it because it's so fun I never at any point wanted to take a break.  After about 10 hours in a 24 hour period (with sleep halfway through), I've beaten all the courses.  I'll start work on 100%ing now (still avoiding spoilers since I don't wanna know what it unlocks until I get it).

My thoughts thus far:

I always thought Mario 3D Land had the best level design in the series to date.  This is more of the same.  I.e. it is equally the best level design in the series.  The main difference is that there’s a lot more courses that make use of gameplay that wouldn’t be possible on the lesser console - there are several courses that sprawl in many directions, and several that make use of aesthetic gimmicks that need the extra processing power of an HD console (lighting related challenges etc).  The game is absoloutely gorgeous.  I mean 3D Land was almost Galaxy quality anyway but this game compared to 3D Land is like Mario 3 compared to Mario 1.  There’s also a bunch of new level tropes for the first time in a Mario game since… well, Galaxy 2.  I entered a circus trope course which brought back the gimmick of “activate all the floor panels to continue” and was so used to Mario only doing Grass Desert Tropical Ice Jungle Mountain Sky Lava that I assumed it was a bonus game until I hit a checkpoint.

There aren’t many new powerups but what’s there is great, and the 3D Land ones that return were super fun anyway.  Cat Mario really opens up new styles of platforming and terrain navigation.

The music is fantastic.  The game uses a mixture of styles familiar from 3D Land, Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy, as well as some nice new stuff.  I’m so glad they’re releasing an OST.

Content-wise, it took me about 7 hours to beat the story (playing every single course even though you frequently get a choice of two routes to progress).  The post-ending courses took me about 3-4 hours.

I’ll also mention that there were a ton of moments that made me gasp or audiably say “wow”, both in terms of visual payoffs in the levels or a sudden discovery of a new trick with gameplay.  So few games can evoke that.

Of a final note, I was so, so not ready for how adorable Boomerang Peach is.

So, my only criticisms:

I wasn’t expecting much but was still disappointed with how little referencing there was to Mario 2 considering it influenced the return of the character select.  I wasn’t expecting any story references, but an enemy or two or a level with vegetables to throw would have been awesome.  I was really really hoping they’d remake the Mario 2 theme for a post-game level or something too - though at least Mario 2 does get A remix in the game, which made me smile a lot.  Naturally if there is anything Mario 2 related further on that’s unlockable through 100%ing things, don’t tell me, want it to be a surprise.

There’s no cute little cut-scenes between worlds like 3D Land had.  Considering how utterly unfathomably gorgeous the intro cut-scene is, I really really wanted more.

Final thing is a bit more meta, but does involve spoilers:

Why the hell did they have to unveil Rosalina pre-launch when she’s a post-ending unlockable?  The hint towards her existence in the game during the ending still made my heart skip a beat when I saw it, but my god would I have been like “OMG OMG OMG” if I hadn’t already known what it meant.  Obviously I was avoiding spoilers as much as I could, but the internet made it very known to me that she was playable in about 6 different ways within 24 hours of it being unveiled, so I shift the blame to Nintendo’s marketing here for ruining what would have been a surprise never expected in a million years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't bought a Wii U game in a long while, so I may just pick this game up.

It won't disappoint. Just check out JezMM post above.

• Thumbs Up 1

More info about sales and stuff.

Apparently the initial shipment to Japan was about 200k units, since the sell-through rate was 50%.

You're pretty much limited to how many you can find per level. The most I had on screen was 8 Marios.

Have fun with the game. =D

How did you get 8 Marios? as I tested out a bunch of cherry levels it only 4 cherries can be spawned, 

in the blob boss were it spawns  cherries, in the beginning I had 4 players and the cherry spawned 4 cherries, but it never spawn during boss, unless I lost a clone, when there are at least 4 clones, cherries become coins in ? block

How did you get 8 Marios? as I tested out a bunch of cherry levels it only 4 cherries can be spawned, 

in the blob boss were it spawns  cherries, in the beginning I had 4 players and the cherry spawned 4 cherries, but it never spawn during boss, unless I lost a clone, when there are at least 4 clones, cherries become coins in ? block

Multiplayer spawns even more. There's x number of cherries for x players.

Multiplayer spawns even more. There's x number of cherries for x players.

I tried it with multiplayer, I had 5 marios and made luigi hit the block and he just got coins, then I made mario loose a clone then got luigi to hit the block again, the cherry spawned.

Weird, I know I had more than 5 Marios in Single Player. O__O

I'll definitely check when I play again.

maybe you saw luigi smile.png oh well, it would of been epic to have 10 marios running around but That would make the game slow down as heck if some normal areas causes to slow down

EDIT: forget I said that you saw luigi since you did single player. im stupid lol

Shadow Puppet Theatre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynzwT85ixXY

In other news, I picked up the game this morning and am absolutely loving it. Just made it to World 6 and I haven't wanted to put the controller down yet. Cat Mario is an ingenious power-up that opens up loads of possibilities, and the Double Cherry really makes you think about every move you make - losing a clone is almost as heart-wrenching as losing Pikmin. The level design so far has been up to the usual brilliant standard, and I can't wait to see what the game is going to throw at me as it reaches the later stages.

Wii U, you have been justified.

• Thumbs Up 7