Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Well, they released it in the US with the Xbone release. They most likely wanna compete against the two launches by releasing their AAA-game.

So, how much would you all recommend this game? Because I kinda want it, but I haven't seriously wanted a main Mario title since Sunshine.

So, how much would you all recommend this game? Because I kinda want it, but I haven't seriously wanted a main Mario title since Sunshine.

This is the easiest recommendation of the year so far, at least in my opinion.

Super Mario 3D World is hands down the best game on the Wii U. It's all the best of Galaxy and 3D Land put together into one insanely addictive mash-up of ideas and imagination.

• Thumbs Up 7

Glad to see so many recommendations for the game. I'm going to ask my wife for it for Christmas. Was going to pick it or COD: Ghosts (Wii U) up today, but it wouldn't be wise with Christmas presents to get and my Mom's Birthday also coming up next month. 

Just picked it up today and finished World 1 with my partner on co op. SO. MUCH. FUN. That's all I can say. <3 *goes back to playing it*

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm planning to get this game but i want to know is how difficult this game? the NSMB games were too easy for me and i'm hoping 3D world is more of a challenge.

I'm planning to get this game but i want to know is how difficult this game? the NSMB games were too easy for me and i'm hoping 3D world is more of a challenge.

The difficulty upgrade from 3D Land is similar to that of NSMB -> NSMB Wii or Galaxy > Galaxy 2.  The last few worlds will challenge a Mario veteran, but don't expect anything hair-tearingly hard until after the credits.

Play as Toad all the way through if you want to amp up the challenge (though the characters are more balanced than I thought they'd be, Luigi and Peach's abilities aren't as gamebreakingly useful as they were in Mario 2, and Peach really does go considerably slower compared to Toad, her float is no match for his raw speed when it comes to speedrunning).

• Thumbs Up 1

The difficulty upgrade from 3D Land is similar to that of NSMB -> NSMB Wii or Galaxy > Galaxy 2.  The last few worlds will challenge a Mario veteran, but don't expect anything hair-tearingly hard until after the credits.

I dunno. I always have the hardest time with Mario games. The only ones I've been able to complete (and I'm just talking about the main storyline) are Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story if you really want to count that, and the original Paper Mario. I got pretty damn close in Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, and Luigi's Mansion, but that's pretty much it. And I kinda got... halfway through Sunshine and Super Mario RPG, but yeah. Mario games were never my forte. I've always been better at Sonic games.

Please tell me that Shadow Mario is not in this game. Please.

I've beaten a fair chunk of the levels now, and you'll be pleased to hear he's not popped up so far.

Shadow mario Gone! You won't see him, which is better instead of playing the same level just with shadow mario, They still re use levels but made it extremely harder aftet credits,

I wonder if anyone in the world can pull off beating the secret final level with no deaths, no power ups and with 4 player. 

Seeing a perfect run would be amazing to watch.

Also, I highly recommend this game, I think it beats Super mario galaxy,  So many levels and are fun as heck. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good, I don't want that little bastard ruining this game for me like he did in 3D Land. Many lives were lost. Thankfully no game overs.

I'm halfway through the game now, World 5 I think. It's late already but I want to play more, more, MORE! I haven't had this much fun and entertainment with a game since...SM3DL! Even when I fall to my death in the game I don't get frustrated, I just laugh, shrug it off and get on with it.

The music is just <3 and the levels are creative and nicely designed. I honestly can't stop gushing about thissss! I think the only downside is that there's no online co op, but that's a minor thing compared to everything else IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I picked up the game today. I've completed up to the end of World 3 and I'm really having a blast! In a move that will surely shock everyone, I've mostly been playing as Peach. :V I've sometimes switched to Mario and Luigi for certain levels (and when replaying old ones), and replaying levels as Toad is surprisingly fun for speedrunning.

This is most likely just me, I'm finding a few levels fairly difficult even this early on. However, that's probably because I never played 3D Land, so some stuff is completely new to me...and it's been a while since I last played a 3D Mario game. /excuses for sucking at this game

• Thumbs Up 1

Beat the secret super hard last course.  Pheeeew I came so close to doing it with no aid but after spending about 50 lives I reached my limit and went to grab a Tanooki Suit or two to take in with me.  Turns out I came super close though!  Literally was on the final hazard on my furthest attempt without items from other levels (like on 3D Land’s final course you start as Super Mario but get no further help).

Looks like I have to beat every level as every character now and then I’m clear.  It is kinda busywork to suddenly introduce a “you have beaten this course as these characters so far” display only after you’ve collected everything rather than from the off (I would have avoided using the same characters twice on a level when returning for Green Stars had I known), I’m not complaining really.  Should be fun to speedrun ‘em all now that I’m not worrying about scouring for Green Stars.

I dunno. I always have the hardest time with Mario games. The only ones I've been able to complete (and I'm just talking about the main storyline) are Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story if you really want to count that, and the original Paper Mario. I got pretty damn close in Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, and Luigi's Mansion, but that's pretty much it. And I kinda got... halfway through Sunshine and Super Mario RPG, but yeah. Mario games were never my forte. I've always been better at Sonic games.

Ever since NSMBWii, all Mario games have had helping tools for people who struggle.  In both this and 3D Land, a certain number of deaths will make a (permanently) invincible Tanooki Suit appear for you to wear for the duration of the level, allowing you to easily get through levels you've lost patience for without having to skip them entirely.

Good, I don't want that little bastard ruining this game for me like he did in 3D Land. Many lives were lost. Thankfully no game overs.

I can't promise you for keeping your lives though, secret levels will test you.

So, the other day I finally 100%'d the game (playing through every level 5 times can take a while), so I suppose I'll post my thoughts.

Where to begin with this wonderful game? I mean, I came into this game expecting something great, and I got something absolutely phenomenal. It took 3D Land, threw it into the Super Sexytron 3000, applied a gorgeous coat of HD paint, and took an amazing soundtrack along for the ride.

Just like 3D Land, the controls are tight, yet smooth, and it never felt like the game's fault whenever I died. The level design is great, I like the horizontal and vertical scale a lot of the levels have, and they're very fun to just run around in. The music is absolutely fantastic, there is not one track I do not enjoy. And man, dat 3D Land Jazzy Overworld remix, and dat Gusty Garden remix are great. Also, the boss battles, however easy, are very fun, the final boss especially. The secret last level was a geat challenge as well. It makes S8-Crown from 3D Land look like a cakewalk, that's for sure. And seriously, don't even get me started about how great this game looks graphically, it's downright beautiful at certain points.

So yes, I adore this game, it's the finest 3D game in the Mario series, and in my opinion, the finest Mario game in general.

And that just about covers my thoughts. And yes, this post /is/ kind of fanboyish, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as I an aware only on single player, and probably not on EVERY level such as scrolling ones, but yeah you can