Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

I don't think it would follow you, but I think you can rotate it, only played the demo but from what I can remember from that and other people is that the camera is controllable on most ( non auto scroll) levels as long as it is single player

Unless the camera NEEDS to be locked for some reason (scrolling stages etc), you can rotate it 45 degrees either way.  So on a stage where the default is the diagonal direction view, yes you can make the camera be behind Mario instead, or view it side-on.

You can also knock the view a little upwards or downwards, if you'd rather look more straight to the horizon or more top-down.

I don't think it would follow you, but I think you can rotate it, only played the demo but from what I can remember from that and other people is that the camera is controllable on most ( non auto scroll) levels as long as it is single player

Wait, demo?

Oh, I should clarify, if you're expecting anything like Mario Cam from Mario 64, no you can't make it follow you in any direction.  You can rotate the direction it's pointed but it still moves along in exact tandem to Mario, mainly pointing in the direction to the goal.

Oh. My. God

Champion Road

is boiling my piss to unimaginable levels it's THAT hard/cheap.

Better turn off this game and cool down because holy fuck I lost like, 40 lives from it already.

*clenches fingers into fists* Grrrrrrr...!! 

My school got 3D World for their Wii U and I was playing it  with a friends. I was messing around with Peach and is it just me or does she play terribly? She's slow as shit compared to the other characters and only gets like half a second of flight time before dropping like a pancake? Am I not doing something right?

(stuff)

It's nothing compared to the final level. Be prepared for that.

Looking forward to your reaction on THAT stage. =D

... Champion Road isn't the final level??

My mistake, I just turned on my game and realized I was wrong. I thought that was the name of the stage for the Mystery House, which I count as courses as well.

But yes, the final main course is very hard as you say.

My mistake, I just turned on my game and realized I was wrong. I thought that was the name of the stage for the Mystery House, which I count as courses as well.

But yes, the final main course is very hard as you say.

That mystery house is pretty damn hard too.

My school got 3D World for their Wii U and I was playing it  with a friends. I was messing around with Peach and is it just me or does she play terribly? She's slow as shit compared to the other characters and only gets like half a second of flight time before dropping like a pancake? Am I not doing something right?

That's how she plays, but to be honest being slower than the others isn't a problem in a majority of levels (I can literally think of one where it gave me a problem, and the level is completely possible to complete with her anyway) and despite not being as gamebreaking as SMB2, her floating is still really useful at times. I know it's saved me a lot.

I guess her running speed could be more of a problem in multiplayer, though?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah the Mystery House took me a long time.  Since you unlock the character clear icons in tandem with World Crown, this was my thought process:

"Huh, what are those boxes for on the stage stats.  Well whatever, let's save Champion Road for last and do the Mystery House first.  Gonna play as Mario for challenge!"

"Oh god this is hard."

"Oh god this is UNFAIRLY hard."

"Oh god this is "Never playing this again once I'm done hard".

"Okay screw it I'm playing as Peach I want her hover to help out."

"OH GOD THIS IS STILL REALLY HARD."

"FINALLY DID IT.  God I'm glad I'm done with that."

"Time for Champion Road."

*stats for course appear*

"Oh wait I never did see what those boxes are for.  Did I get any of them?  If so I dunno how."

*checks Mystery House stats*

*one box is filled in with Peach icon, the other four blank*

"mr79.gif"

But it turned out you have to burn the stage into memory so much it didn't take me long to beat it as the other guys at all.  Failed once or twice again, but otherwise did the other four characters in like half the time it took to do it first time.

Oh, the only stage I have a problem with regarding Peach is Star-9, the one with lots of cannonballs in Galaxy-inspired trope.  Her hover makes it near impossible to do the bit where you have to bounce up three cannonballs to reach the high up ledge.  In fact I found it so hard I just gave up and quit the stage to choose someone else (for the first playthrough of every course I played the characters in order, but was just using Random for collecting Green Stars and Stamps, unless there was a character switch on the course).

I guess her running speed could be more of a problem in multiplayer, though?

Its pretty horrendous in multiplayer, especially when you have 4 people. Mario, Luigi and Toad are dashing ahead but Peach just likes to take her sweet-ass time. 

It didn't help I was playing with a guy who already beat the game and was being a complete ass by going ahead of everyone.

Oh, the only stage I have a problem with regarding Peach is Star-9, the one with lots of cannonballs in Galaxy-inspired trope.  Her hover makes it near impossible to do the bit where you have to bounce up three cannonballs to reach the high up ledge.  In fact I found it so hard I just gave up and quit the stage to choose someone else (for the first playthrough of every course I played the characters in order, but was just using Random for collecting Green Stars and Stamps, unless there was a character switch on the course).

You could've climbed up the wall with a cat suit. That's what I did.

I find it easier to beat The Final level with peach her hover really helps. 

Peach finally makes a comeback as a playable character yet She my least favorite to play as. The hover was way too short.

You could've brought one into the level. 

I thought it would go without saying that my point is every level should be beatable with just what it gives you.

That segment is nearly impossible as Peach since you need to push B in mid-air to spring off the cannonballs, but that makes Peach hover, and by the time that's done the cannonball has hit the wall and popped.  It's incredibly hard to jump, initiate a hover, let go of it, push A again to spring off the cannonball, and then do it another two times to reach the top.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it would go without saying that my point is every level should be beatable with just what it gives you.

That segment is nearly impossible as Peach since you need to push B in mid-air to spring off the cannonballs, but that makes Peach hover, and by the time that's done the cannonball has hit the wall and popped.  It's incredibly hard to jump, initiate a hover, let go of it, push A again to spring off the cannonball, and then do it another two times to reach the top.

Okay. Makes sense.

I played through pretty much every stage up until World Star with Peach. I found her hover pretty useful, actually, and her low speed made some of the bosses a little more challenging.

Going through the bonus worlds and trying to get all of the collectibles, though, I'm actually growing very fond of Toad. His speed's really handy, and... I dunno, I've been playing Mario games forever and somehow I never quite noticed how cute he is. Cat Toad especially.

I think he gains a lot of appeal when it's like, TOAD Toad, not one of many Toads.

Though my headcanon is still that Blue Toad has been consistently the same Toad throughout and he just got contacts after Galaxy.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, it makes sense to think that Blue Toad is the Blue Toad from the Brigade considering he's missing from the Brigade during the ending credits. He just got contacts.