Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Is there a way to take off the cannon-hats? They get annoyed after 5 seconds.

Only taking damage as far as I'm aware.  If you don't want them to shoot temporarily, hold down the run button to charge up a shot, it won't fire until you release.

Beaten all of the stages excluding the secret final one now, so looks it's back to the beginning to scour for the missing stamps and green stars!

The difficulty definitely ramps up in the post-game levels... that one stage you guys were talking about earlier where you have to bounce up cannonballs to traverse a wall... much frustration was had with that. I should feel ashamed that I had to resort to using a cat suit to do it the easy way, but frankly after spending far too much time trying to do it the conventional way in the first place, I really didn't care. I will go back and do it properly though - I know I can do it, I just lacked the patience on that occasion.

Also, flying Dry Bones are the bane of my existence. Stay dead, for god's sake!

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah during that Cannon level in particular I couldn't believe my first thought on ParaDryBones (as I'll affectionately name him for now) was "oh cool flying Dry Bones".

THEY ARE NOT COOL LATER ON.  NOT AT ALL.

Yeah during that Cannon level in particular I couldn't believe my first thought on ParaDryBones (as I'll affectionately name him for now) was "oh cool flying Dry Bones".

THEY ARE NOT COOL LATER ON.  NOT AT ALL.

I gave them a few names too during my playthrough, though most of them are a bit too explicit to be repeated here tongue.png

Also, in my journey through the earlier stages to get all the collectables, I suddenly remembered I could make this happen:

2cr60eb.jpg

Five Rosalinas. Five Rosalinas.

CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY, FELLAS!

• Thumbs Up 8

The flying Dry Bones are pretty annoying. It doesn't help that the first time I encountered them, I forgot Dry Bones were immune to fireballs, hahaha.......ha......

Also Koopa Troopa shells are kind of annoying in 3D, or maybe it's just me. Once they're in motion I can never time my jumps right to land on them again. It's a lot easier to just use a powerup to stop them.

Rosalina's spin works as well, which is nice.

Didn't learn about it until watching the opening demos, but if you run and crouch with a shell you can go inside it like the Shell Suit from NSMB DS.  You have some degree of control and can jump, it's pretty fun.

I strongly recommend watching the opening demos, they're pretty entertaining little "stories" and contain a few tips.  There's five altogether (sunrise/afternoon/sunset/night/raining).  The one with Luigi and Toad hanging out is really funny to boot.

Has anyone else noticed that if you press and hold the crouch button when standing in place, your character eventually "charges" up a higher crouch jump? I can't remember if that was in 3D Land or not, but assuming it's just for this one, that's a pretty nifty piece of SMB2 fanservice. Brought a little nostalgic smile to my face even if it is a largely useless ability.

And speaking of SMB2 references, if you can get in touch with the rhythm, you can always hit the jackpot in the slot machine bonus stages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YZ52pWn9Ms

Yeah I worked that out quite early on since I figured it's the only place to start really.  Almost makes it broken how easy it is to do, but lives are as meaningless as ever.  Wonder if Mario and co still lose hats at 1110 lives.  ...And if so what could it mean for Toad oh god.

Yeah I worked that out quite early on since I figured it's the only place to start really.  Almost makes it broken how easy it is to do, but lives are as meaningless as ever.  Wonder if Mario and co still lose hats at 1110 lives.  ...And if so what could it mean for Toad oh god.

This, if the cartoons are to be believed:

ToadBald.png

What about Peach and Rosalina though? Will they just take their crowns off?

I can think of something better they could take off if ya know what I mean

• Thumbs Up 7

Their shoes? Then they'd probably be able to go faster!

Th-that's what you meant, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone else noticed that if you press and hold the crouch button when standing in place, your character eventually "charges" up a higher crouch jump? I can't remember if that was in 3D Land or not, but assuming it's just for this one, that's a pretty nifty piece of SMB2 fanservice. Brought a little nostalgic smile to my face even if it is a largely useless ability.

And speaking of SMB2 references, if you can get in touch with the rhythm, you can always hit the jackpot in the slot machine bonus stages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YZ52pWn9Ms

The rhythm thing is actually one of my favourite things to do in the game. It's so satisfying to do it perfectly to the rhythm and then get 7 or 8UP as a result. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh forgot to respond, I'm afraid the charge up jump was in 3D Land (and just as barely different from the regular jump there) so no Mario 2 reference there.

Speaking of jumps, another cool new technique is to jump just a moment after ground pounding.  You'll spring up into a quick, high jump.  This game is just chock full of secret moves and little discoveries.

I wonder if there's anything in the game as out there as the super hidden UFO in 3D Land.  I certainly remember thinking I was going crazy when I started noticing the Luigis hidden all over the place.  Some of them are outright terrifyingly "when you see it you'll wonder how you ever missed it" hiding places.  I wonder if there's one on every single course.

This, if the cartoons are to be believed:

ToadBald.png

Oh... Oh my!

I wish there had been a bit more Mario 2 fanservice.  Was really hoping for a level with giant vegetables to throw, or a big band rendition of the Mario 2 theme for a level or two.  =C

Their shoes? Then they'd probably be able to go faster!

Th-that's what you meant, right?

Sure! amongst other things ;)

Oh forgot to respond, I'm afraid the charge up jump was in 3D Land (and just as barely different from the regular jump there) so no Mario 2 reference there.

Damn, oh well. I don't think I ever used it in 3D Land (or at least remembered using it) so I'll just carry on pretending it was an intentional decision to keep up the SMB2 theme :P as you say, there's not enough fanservice for it in the game, so I'll take any subtle little references I can get!

I wonder if there's anything in the game as out there as the super hidden UFO in 3D Land.  I certainly remember thinking I was going crazy when I started noticing the Luigis hidden all over the place.  Some of them are outright terrifyingly "when you see it you'll wonder how you ever missed it" hiding places.  I wonder if there's one on every single course.

I just want to say something real quick, regarding the Luigis.

They're in the snowflakes and confetti.

They're in the snowflakes and confetti.

there's even one just sitting in the middle of the ocean

God Dang.

Also, as far as I have found, technically a Luigi could appear in any course, because they randomly pop out of blocks when you hit them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder if Mario and co still lose hats at 1110 lives.  ...And if so what could it mean for Toad oh god.

They don't. Nothing happens when you get max lives.

They don't. Nothing happens when you get max lives.

This is a nitpick, but I wish they kept the grand version of the 1-up jingle that plays when you get 1,110 lives from 3D Land in 3D World. Would've been a nice little thing.