Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

They don't. Nothing happens when you get max lives.

So... no bald Toad or fanservice Peach? ohmy.png

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED

• Thumbs Up 4

I still can't do Champion's Road...

The furthest I get is the Dash Pad section then those fucking laser ring things ruin my day.

As for my bane of my existence... Definitely those laser ring creators and the alien goombas, fuck sake.

Ugh...Champion's Road resulted in my very first Game Over, but I eventually completed it. 

Much harder than Super Mario Galaxy 2's Grandmaster Galaxy and the final stage of 3D Land, the latter which wasn't really too difficult actually.

I will actually say I got a lot further with regular Mario on this than I can manage on 3D Land's stage, so I find it hard to judge how truly difficult it is compared to that one.

I mean as soon as I caved to bringing in a Tanooki Leaf I beat it second attempt (but spent about 50 lives before reaching that point).

I wish there had been a bit more Mario 2 fanservice. Was really hoping for a level with giant vegetables to throw, or a big band rendition of the Mario 2 theme for a level or two. =C

as far as I have seen, isn't there a turnip in the ground after beating the giant piranha plant in Shadow Play Alley ?

Defeating Piranha Plants leaves a tiny bit of their body left in the ground, which is probably what you saw. I'm surprised there was no major nods to SMB2 aside from the playable cast (and some music, I think?), honestly.

I almost hope they were lying, or change their minds, about no DLC. I haven't completed every level yet, but more of this game couldn't be a bad thing. And if they do introduce new playable characters through DLC, it'd be cool if they came with a level that you have to complete to unlock them.

I mean, it worked for Rosalina...

Also, these last levels are kicking my ass.

Seriously, the bonus worlds have some really difficult levels. I'm still in the Fire Flower bonus world (about to face what appears to be a boss rush, I'll get to it tomorrow tho'). I think there's one more world after this?...I'm going to cry, aren't I?

So you're feeling me that some supposedly mediocre PS4 launch title has sold better than the big 3D Mario game?

Fair enough games like CoD, AC4, Battlefield 4 etc but Knack? Really? Dear gaming community, sort your shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

I know the UK (and Europe in general) were/are bigger fans of Sega and/or Sony than they are Nintendo, but c'mon, seriously? At least Japan had a viable reason/excuse of 3D Mario games not being as popular as 2D Mario games. :/

Wait, so Knack sold better than 3d World....that's a very odd picture :(. 3d World from the looks of things, is a a wonderful platformer on a cheaper system than the PS4/X1, so Knack, a medicore Crash Bandicoot-meets-God of War style game selling MORE than that is just...weird. I know the UK is more fond of Sony and Sony DID launch a new console (and radioactively, PS4 games are going to be hot sellers), but still man...

I do wonder what US's numbers will be, NA is very fond of Nintendo if the Wii's success is any indication, so lets hope the game sells well there :).

FINALLY

I BEAT CHAMPION'S ROAD.

AND I DIDN'T GET HIT ONCE

AH..AHAHA...HAHAHAHAH...!

I can now rest easy... *collapses*

• Thumbs Up 2

I have lost all faith in gamers, specifically those in the UK.

Why on earth would you buy an average platformer/brawler and not a high quality platformer who's legendary icon is known all over the world??

• Thumbs Up 3

Why on earth would you buy an average platformer/brawler and not a high quality platformer who's legendary icon is known all over the world??

cuz its 4 kids innit

Well I can see where this is coming from, I mean, think with me, when people buy their PS4, they'll want a new pimpin' game to test it out, and when you take a look at all the games available for the PS4 at this point, not counting the multiplatform ones, Nack is the one exclusive who stands out the most and looks a little bit different from the other titles, so it kinda makes sense they'd go for it.

Also It helps that Nack was a launch title for PS4, while Super Mario 3D World came one year after the Wii U's release.

Because it's on a console that is proving to be highly successful rather than the console that is struggling to remain relevant. There's also the obvious factor of, y'know, differing opinions to consider. For example, my go-to phrase to describe Mario is insipid mediocrity. It has nothing to do with the association with kids (assuming that that is the primary or only reason for being averse to Mario is ignorant, and false), I just find it to be overwhelmingly mediocre, and evidently, it doesn't seem to be as big a success as people were hoping. At least, over here. Disappointing for certain parties, yes, but hardly surprising.

Always remember the Wii U Rule:

When Wii U games come out, they won't sell because they're on Wii U. The Wii U won't sell because it "has no games".

Because it's on a console that is proving to be highly successful rather than the console that is struggling to remain relevant. There's also the obvious factor of, y'know, differing opinions to consider. For example, my go-to phrase to describe Mario is insipid mediocrity. It has nothing to do with the association with kids (assuming that that is the primary or only reason for being averse to Mario is ignorant, and false), I just find it to be overwhelmingly mediocre, and evidently, it doesn't seem to be as big a success as people were hoping. At least, over here. Disappointing for certain parties, yes, but hardly surprising.

Of course you realize that there are oh-so-few people who actually think that way about Mario, right?

Also,
>"struggling to remain relevant"
I see where this is going. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Because the high quality platformer is on the console no one cares about and the average one is on the console people care about. Quality of the games be damned. If no one wants the console and the game is an exclusive it still won't sell. That's why I worry so much about Bayonetta 2.

I get that Knack isn't amazing and didn't get that great of reviews but I think people are being a little spiteful.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it bad that I don't really feel that spiteful towards Knack?  I mean I know this is still totally fanboyish but I'm actually like legitimately pitying them because 3D World is such an amazing platformer and am genuinely sad people are playing a mediocre one instead.  Especially if it's shaping their views on the relevancy of the 3D platforming genre in this day and age.

• Thumbs Up 9

As disappointing as it is, I can completely understand why Knack beat 3D World in this week's sales - the PS4 launch was an absolute steamrolling juggernaut here in the UK so of course people are going to be buying launch titles to play on it (mediocre or otherwise). Mario, on the other hand, doesn't have the momentum of a new console launch behind it and is also on a system that hardly anyone seems to care about.

The true test of Mario's staying power will come into play over the coming weeks in the run up to Christmas. If Mario can improve (or at least stay fairly consistent) when the initial excitement over the PS4 dies down, then that's a good sign for Nintendo and the Wii U. If it does a Sonic Lost World and completely fades away into nothingness though... yeah, we got a problem on our hands.

Another problem actually is that with the NSMBU/NSLU bundle front and centre for families with kids to buy, unless they are in any way enthusiastic towards Mario beyond it just being a way to kill time and have fun, they're probably thinking "well we've got two Mario games, why do we need another?"

FINALLY

I BEAT CHAMPION'S ROAD.

AND I DIDN'T GET HIT ONCE

AH..AHAHA...HAHAHAHAH...!

I can now rest easy... *collapses*

Now beat that stage with the other four playable characters. Haha. =P