Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Always remember the Wii U Rule:

When Wii U games come out, they won't sell because they're on Wii U. The Wii U won't sell because it "has no games".

You may have had a point if this wasn't very much proving itself to be true.Wii U sales are still dismal and a single exclusive big-name exclusive isn't going to change that

>"struggling to remain relevant"

I see where this is going

Where

You may have had a point if this wasn't very much proving itself to be true.Wii U sales are still dismal and a single exclusive big-name exclusive isn't going to change that

Well of course one game won't. I'm just saying that its the same old curse that allows third parties to just dodge Wii U for no reason, which in turn makes no games, and thus underwhelming success. 

Where

Its going in the direction of attempting to start another debate/argument on why the Wii U is god-awful. tongue.png

If it makes any of you guys feel better, every copy of Knack I've been selling at work has been part of a PS4 bundle, which people have then instantly proceeded to remove from said bundle and trade-in towards something else. Seriously, we counted and we have over 50 pre-owned (yet still sealed) copies of Knack in our store.

The enthusiasm I'm getting from the (surprisingly many) 3D World customers at work far surpasses any enthusiasm not only for Knack, but for PS4 customers in general! That's good enough in my book.

• Thumbs Up 3

If it makes any of you guys feel better, every copy of Knack I've been selling at work has been part of a PS4 bundle, which people have then instantly proceeded to remove from said bundle and trade-in towards something else. Seriously, we counted and we have over 50 pre-owned (yet still sealed) copies of Knack in our store.

The enthusiasm I'm getting from the (surprisingly many) 3D World customers at work far surpasses any enthusiasm not only for Knack, but for PS4 customers in general! That's good enough in my book.

This is why I hate having bundled games count in sales. I traded in TLOU and Batman Origins that came with the Black Friday PS3 but it still means both Naughty Dog and WB get an extra sale (not that it's a bad thing).

Beat the game! DAT FINAL BOSS YO! OoO

And there's still more to do! Oh damn...I think this is where it gets more difficult, so I better be careful with my precious lives.

You know, I think my least favourite level in the game is Bowser-7 (Grumblump Inferno). Uuugh. I hate those giant block things so much.

Still need to unlock the very final world. I think I need to collect everything and hit the top of all the goal posts? Well, at least I've done the second thing already...

Those guys are easy to handle if you run up them rathef than trying to jump when they turn. Whatever you do, DO NOT ground pound them.

Still need to unlock the very final world. I think I need to collect everything and hit the top of all the goal posts? Well, at least I've done the second thing already...

Correct, you need all Green Stars, Stamps, and Gold Flag Poles.

Have fun in the final world. I look forward to your tears of frustration. =)

Yeah, for Grumblump Volcano, do as the mices do at the start.  That's what they're there to show you!

And... why would you ever ground pound them?  *goes to see what happens*

Those guys are easy to handle if you run up them rathef than trying to jump when they turn. Whatever you do, DO NOT ground pound them.

Yeah, when I first went through the level I tried jumping at first. I felt like such an idiot after a few deaths and tried running instead, especially since those mouse enemies are there on the very first one to demonstrate that that's what you're supposed to do.

Still, they're still really annoying even when I knew what to do. >:/ At least my second try was less painful than the first, I only died a handful of times.

Yeah, for Grumblump Volcano, do as the mices do at the start.  That's what they're there to show you!

And... why would you ever ground pound them?  *goes to see what happens*

I assume it doesn't do anything in particular, but you waste so much time due to the ground pound that you'll probably end up in lava.

You know, the secret character is neat and all, but...

I really, really wish getting suit powerups didn't get rid of Rosalina's spin. The double jump of sorts that you can do with it is basically her only advantage (and it's a pretty good one!) over the others. I mean, it makes a bit more sense with the cat suit and Tanooki, but it's odd with the Fire and Boomerang flowers...

I dunno, I guess it was deliberately designed this way for balance or something, but I don't like it. >8U Rosalina's the only character when I obtain a Fire Flower or something I'm like "NOOOO" instead of "AW YEA". It's particularly sad because she looks freaking adorable in all the different suits hahahaha

Well it's a trade-off thing I guess yeah.  She's kind of a "god mode" character for exploration and combat thanks to her versatility, but at the cost of a hit point.

Mrs. Shadzter has just ordered the game for me for Christmas biggrin.png Amazon has sold out, as have Toys R Us due to a £5 discount code letting you get the game for £34.89. She got it from Zavvi for £39.75, which is pretty good considering most places are selling it for £44.99.

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/super-mario-3d-world/10818008.html

• Thumbs Up 1

I just can't beat Champions Road. This is such bullshit, it's even worse than Grandmaster Galaxy. I'm all well and good till the timed blocks come along, then it just all falls apart. Then I just make one tiny mistake on any of the following bits that kills me and I want to throw my gamepad across the room.

The level is fucking lucky it has such pretty music because oh my GOD I want to smash something 

I have done questions;

Is the character movement 8 point, or completely 360 degrees?

Also, what's the framerate like?

I have done questions;

Is the character movement 8 point, or completely 360 degrees?

Also, what's the framerate like?

8 point like 3D Land and runs at a smooth 60 FPS only faltering slightly when there's a lot of stuff happening on screen.

It's 8 directional, just like 3D Land. I don't know if I like it, but it does work well with the level design, so I don't have any complaints.

And the framerate seems fine, but I'm not the one to ask about it since I only notice issues like that if it's really, really bad. tongue.png

edit: ninjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by ElementofChaos

I just can't beat Champions Road. This is such bullshit, it's even worse than Grandmaster Galaxy. I'm all well and good till the timed blocks come along, then it just all falls apart. Then I just make one tiny mistake on any of the following bits that kills me and I want to throw my gamepad across the room.

The level is fucking lucky it has such pretty music because oh my GOD I want to smash something 

The timed blocks were super hard for me to master too.  Remember that it's all about jumping where they're going to be.  The final super tricky sequence where you get two steps of the same colour in a row require you to literally land on the first as it appears, make a short hop up to the next and jump off that one.

Practice just jumping back and forth between two colours a bit.  Mastering that skill helps because it allows you to "stop" in the middle of a chain and just hop back and forth between two, fluctuating your jump height each time until you get back into the rhythm you need.

It's really hard to describe in words, it took me just a lot of learning by doing.

As a little tip, the Green Stars on this course are all right bang in your path, so you can use them to figure out how far through the course you are first time.  The last section of the course is most certainly harder than the beep blocks though, I need a Tanooki Suit for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The last section of the course is most certainly harder than the beep blocks though, I need a Tanooki Suit for it.

I reached the last section which I so nearly completed - but because I was a tiny bit right I was hit by a laser and died. I had lost my Tanooki early on. You can imagine the pure rage I had. Who'd you play as to get it done? I'm currently with trusty Luigi. I've tried with Rosalina but her jump is awful, and the spin alone often can't justify using her.

My god playing 4 player co-op in this game with new players.  Expect your lives to rocket down the drain.  I had a bunch of friends round, we tackled the second level of the first special world and I went down from almost 70 lives (which I personally had kept quite consistent throughout the main game) to about 15 in one level.  It was remarkable how chaotic it was.  Super fun mind you.

I reached the last section which I so nearly completed - but because I was a tiny bit right I was hit by a laser and died. I had lost my Tanooki early on. You can imagine the pure rage I had. Who'd you play as to get it done? I'm currently with trusty Luigi. I've tried with Rosalina but her jump is awful, and the spin alone often can't justify using her.

Oh I did it with Mario to be purist, since it was the definitely final level.  Throughout the whole game I've just been cycling through the characters, don't have a favourite really.