Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

You can use the Pro controller in solo but there are some levels that you need to have the Wii U Gamepad.

I believe levels like Captain Toad and levels similar to that you can only use the Gamepad. But it won't stop you from finishing the game though.

A random thought. If Rosalina had ended up like some of her early concept art from Galaxy, do you think she's even have been playable in a main series game?

Princess_Rosalina_concept.PNG

Eeesh! That design is so much less likeable.

• Thumbs Up 3

A random thought. If Rosalina had ended up like some of her early concept art from Galaxy, do you think she's even have been playable in a main series game?

That design just screams "space Peach" far too much to me, and I'm really glad they didn't go with it. By differentiating Rosalina's design from Peach and Daisy, even if only slightly with the fringe and the less princess-y dress, it helps to make her more of a unique character rather than just another mindless clone - which, coupled with her backstory and mysterious personality, really help to make her a memorable character. And the fact that Galaxy is a phenomenal game helps to make her pretty memorable too - she's basically synonymous with that franchise, and is a really good representation of everything Nintendo did right with that game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, guys, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally got my hands on this lovely game.

After playing through it for the past few hours, taking as sweet a time as possible (I'm only up to World 4 so far), I think I can safely that it's almost -- almost -- the ideal Mario game to me. Only its minimal story is keeping it from being what I consider near-perfection. Of course, things will most likely change as I go further along, but for now, I give it two huge thumbs-up! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I just got the game for Christmas, and I tried multiplayer with my sister earlier, and it was very fun. I love the game so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish I could experience the game for the first time again, as you two guys above are doing right now. 

Enjoy the game! =D

• Thumbs Up 3

I heard that Rosalina was originally going to be peach's sister and that design just screams it

Me and my brother have made it just outside of World 4. Brilliant game. Everything works wonderfully and the new ideas just don't stop coming. I just wish the levels were a bit longer. 

The level design is fantastic. In fact, I'd say the ghost house in this game was probably the best one in the series!

I can't even pick a favorite character. I love playing as all of them. 

I beat the main game and I'm now working on the extra world. Great fun, may or may not surpass Galaxy 2 for me, more games should have a playable Rosalina.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got this game for Christmas today, I am VERY pleased with it. May be my favorite Mario game, which makes sense, since my old favorite is 3D Land. I'm up to the last world, and it has been a very fun adventure. Can't wait to unlock that 5th character, though!

Well, I finally made it to World Crown... and I already lost over 15 lives to Champion's Road just trying to get through the first area. You guys weren't kidding...

• Thumbs Up 1

Loving the game but some of the levels are definitely a bit too short for my tastes. I think 3D World is a blast and I've still got a few worlds to go, but I still hope this isn't the only direction the 3D games will take this generation.

3D World fills a certain niche but it doesn't feel like it can completely replace games like 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. Really hoping we get a new, exploration-based game this generation. An open world Mario would be a dream but I'd settle for Galaxy 3 or something along those lines

• Thumbs Up 1

After playing it this past month, I can say this game still gives endless fun.

The only thing though is that I still prefer the open, adventure-y Mario games. Yes I'd still kill for another 64, or something even bigger than it. I miss the massive maps you could explore and do missions in; and an open world Mario would be the greatest thing if pulled off correctly (as in, not like Sunshine). 

Considering how I'd like to see Nintendo actually work on other IPs though, I'm good with 3D World for now. Just give the rest of the goods. :y

• Thumbs Up 2

I got the game for Christmas, and it is absolutely fantastic. Definitely justified my Wii U purchase, it is a lot of fun. I haven't even touched Wind Waker HD yet (another game I got for Christmas).

I got the game for Christmas.

I'm SO surprised at how good this was. I was expecting an upscaled Super Mario 3D Land with nothing particularly fancy, kinda like the NSMB games, but I was completely blown away. It's stupidly fun and multiplayer caused me and my siblings to have massive grins on our faces while playing, haha.

Completely in love with the graphics as well, easily one of the prettiest games of the year. It even makes the more conventional levels that bit more stunning and enjoyable. And let's not talk about that bloody soundtrack, hot dayummmmm.

• Thumbs Up 2

I got the game for Christmas.

I'm SO surprised at how good this was. I was expecting an upscaled Super Mario 3D Land with nothing particularly fancy, kinda like the NSMB games, but I was completely blown away. It's stupidly fun and multiplayer caused me and my siblings to have massive grins on our faces while playing, haha.

Completely in love with the graphics as well, easily one of the prettiest games of the year. It even makes the more conventional levels that bit more stunning and enjoyable. And let's not talk about that bloody soundtrack, hot dayummmmm.

All of this. This game alone justified my Wii U purchase.

I think this game was like,,, a cross between Mario 64 and Galaxy to me. I don't think it beats the Galaxy series for me, but honestly its on the top 3 favorite Mario games for me. Graphics are crisp and clean, the music was fantastic (Finally getting away from the "New Mario Bros Series" in terms of the Bah Bah music >.>;

Great game, even better with friends! I give it a 9.5 out of 10 for me. Best Wii U game, and a game I think will sell the system so far till Mario Kart 8 comes out in April. 

After playing it this past month, I can say this game still gives endless fun.

The only thing though is that I still prefer the open, adventure-y Mario games. Yes I'd still kill for another 64, or something even bigger than it. I miss the massive maps you could explore and do missions in; and an open world Mario would be the greatest thing if pulled off correctly (as in, not like Sunshine). 

Considering how I'd like to see Nintendo actually work on other IPs though, I'm good with 3D World for now. Just give the rest of the goods. :y

Sunshine was a good game, it just got too repetitive in some of the missions, especially the bosses. And collecting the shine sprites was pretty much pointless because only a specific set of Sprites is needed to complete the game while the rest is padding. I like how they tried to integrate the overworld into the game, and it all felt like one cohesive world instead of levels on a map screen, or paintings in a castle (although at the cost of all of the levels feeling kind of samey, I'll admit). I still prefer the other 3D Mario games by a long shot, but some Sunshine influence would definitely go a long way

Sunshine was a good game, it just got too repetitive in some of the missions, especially the bosses. And collecting the shine sprites was pretty much pointless because only a specific set of Sprites is needed to complete the game while the rest is padding. I like how they tried to integrate the overworld into the game, and it all felt like one cohesive world instead of levels on a map screen, or paintings in a castle (although at the cost of all of the levels feeling kind of samey, I'll admit). I still prefer the other 3D Mario games by a long shot, but some Sunshine influence would definitely go a long way

All you need to do in Sunshine is complete every Shadow Mario mission...which is only completing every mission from actual levels. Doing any "Extra" Shine mission is pointless.

All you need to do in Sunshine is complete every Shadow Mario mission...which is only completing every mission from actual levels. Doing any "Extra" Shine mission is pointless.

But what if I want a tropical T-shirt and killer shades D:

^ You get those just by collecting Shines anyway, don't need to collect extra ones to unlock either.

There is literally zero to gain from doing extra courses and collecting blue coins other than a different ending screen.