Nintendoga

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Latest Mario Kart was just shown off.

Mario Kart 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zq05lRaOGU

Nintendo has officially announced Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. Set to arrive in Spring 2014, the Mario Kart 8 will introduce a new hover kart mechanic that's automatically activated at certain points in new stages (much like the glider and propeller mechanics in Mario Kart 7).

Mario Kart 8 will also bring back the bikes originally seen in Mario Kart Wii in addition to standard karts.

Characters confirmed thus far in Mario Kart 8 include Mario, Toadette, Daisy, Koopa Troopa, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Waluigi and Peach. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said Mario Kart 8 will include the “best collection of modes yet” for online play and said players will be able to interact with one another worldwide via Miiverse.

You can use the new gravity mechanics to race on walls/upside down.

Will include online multiplayer

Coming Spring 2014

...How exactly? It looks like Mario Kart 7 in HD with a gravity gimmick, which has been done before.

You couldn't be more wrong. It has bikes, too!

The game looks nice. MK always looks nice. It's not groundbreaking.

I haven't been interested in Mario Kart for years and decided to skip MK7. This game however looks fantastic and I can see myself jumping right into it whenever I get around to buying a Wii U. It looks gorgeous, and I love the aesthetic above all other MK games at this point.