Mon 23rd June
Jimbo

Tue 24th June
Soniko

Wed 25th June
Brad

Thu 26th June
Jimbo

Tonight's randomised rules will have teams again.  I'm not really sure how to organise it best to result in fairly equal teams so, may I recommend everyone try and pick randomly by flipping a coin or something, lest one of the silly team name choices be more preferable to the other by the majority?  I dunno lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I might try and play tonight. Depends how tired I am I guess. Teams should be interesting though.

I might try and play tonight. Depends how tired I am I guess. Teams should be interesting though.

The randomised rules are sunday only, you missed the teams lol.

The randomised rules are sunday only, you missed the teams lol.

Oops, thought that was posted today! Oh well, I still took part tonight and I actually surprised myself and came third. Usually I suck really hard. I'll try and partake for a full week this week and see if I can do well. I should be able to at the end of the month as summer holidays start fir me around then.

Pink Gold Peach is actually useless as a heavy weight and still gets thrashed by every class except light weights, I don't get her inclusion at all.

Mario Kart 8 contest from NoA's twitter:

BraUj58CMAA21h2.jpg

“Bob-omb Bomber” MKTV challenge starts now! Upload your best Bob-omb tosses in #MK8 for a chance to win.

Pink Gold Peach is actually useless as a heavy weight and still gets thrashed by every class except light weights, I don't get her inclusion at all.

PGP and MM have identical stats and are the only two racers in the Metal class, which is lighter than Super Heavy (Bowser, Morton, Wario, Mii), but heavier than than the Heavy class (Roy, Waluigi, DK, Rosalina). The niche of the Metal class is that they use the same frame size as the Medium classes, meaning they get added bulk with the advantage of being small. PGP is my favourite character get in the game for this reason. Technically speaking, there only seven variations of character stats as all of the racers in a class are identical - feather, light, medium-light, medium-heavy, heavy, metal, super heavy.

PGP & MM aren't heavier than Roy or Rosalina at all, even in the biggest kart with the most weight, clashing into Rosalina and Roy (from personal experience here) just swats me off the track or into a stage hazard. They're shitty characters to use online, not as shitty as Rosalina users though.

BraUj58CMAA21h2.jpg

What a big coincidence! XD

Look what just happened to me.

Pink Gold peach's epic win.: http://youtu.be/25Qb091aWmA

If I make a shorter video that focus on the bomb throw would it still count? Or do I have to upload it from Mario kart tv?

Jords, MKTV allows you to upload directly to YouTube. Why are you recording off screen with another device?

@ Soniko: The weight of the vehicle you're driving will factor into all of it, as well as the state of the vehicle (land, water, air, anti-gravity). From looking at the official stats, it turns out that under normal conditions the Metal and Super Heavy are actually the same weight at 4.75.

Jords, MKTV allows you to upload directly to YouTube. Why are you recording off screen with another device?

@ Soniko: The weight of the vehicle you're driving will factor into all of it, as well as the state of the vehicle (land, water, air, anti-gravity). From looking at the official stats, it turns out that under normal conditions the Metal and Super Heavy are actually the same weight at 4.75.

I can't go online on my system because I don't have my gamepad at the moment. Nintendo repairing it.

I can't go online on my system because I don't have my gamepad at the moment. Nintendo repairing it.

That's a nasty oversight, Nintendo. It never even occurred to me that you can't access the system settings without the GamePad.

• Thumbs Up 2

BraUj58CMAA21h2.jpg

Hmmmm. Maybe I should submit this. I think I still have the raw video for it.

dumbai.gif

Good jerb, Wario.

Lol

Defying gravity

Forever falling bob-omb: http://youtu.be/Cd2BEdVQXT0

I always wondered how items will work around with this gravity stuff before the game was announced.

Well theres my answer.

• Thumbs Up 6

Metal Mario is the same. They have the same speed as cruiserweights, except they get every single negative of the super heavyweights.

Huh. I do pretty well with Rosalina online. Sure, I get pushed around a bit, but I can deal with it.

Mostly because I'm always miles in front.

So I was listening to some MK8 music when I came across Dolphin Shoals land track:

Gloriously saxual.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol

Defying gravity

Forever falling bob-omb: http://youtu.be/Cd2BEdVQXT0

I always wondered how items will work around with this gravity stuff before the game was announced.

Well theres my answer.

LoL, that is just the most wonderful thing.

You as the ultimate science tester have now just left a Bob-omb in perpetual falling, grade A monster material.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alrighty, I got my hands on a Wii U and Mario Kart 8. I practiced a bit with the Grand Prix mode, warmed up with some online matches and I think I'm ready to join in on the tourneys. Just one question. How does one enter the tourney? I probably need the tournament code, right? Well if anyone could supply me that, that'd be great.

My NNID is SwiftWindsU if it's needed for any reason and my Skype is SwiftWinds98. I went ahead and made a Skype just for SSMB after I heard you have a MK8 chat. May as well join in on there as well. Now, final question. When do we have these tourneys? I know they're weekly but I'm not so sure on the time they take place. 

Today's tournament actually went fairly well. For me, anyway. I've seen that some people had issues with lag and what's on their screen doesn't match up with what actually happened or vice versa. This actually happened to Wreck-It Ralph, and I kind of feel really bad because according to my end I placed in front of him but according to his end he placed in front of me. I feel bad because this generates a lot of tension and that is the very last thing I'd want to cause. So I apologise to Wreck It Ralph or anyone who might have been affected by this, I really hope there are no hard feelings.

This has been getting progressively worse since launch, probably due to more and more people buying the game and Wii U's, because Nintendo Network has apparently been acting a bit funny too.

It really needs to be fixed, because in all instances it happened you weren't even relatively close to when I crossed the finish. You were are good 2-3 seconds behind.

Yeah this is really weird. It seems to be happening with Felix a lot too. It's obviously because the game is selling so well. That, of course, is a good thing, but you'd think that Nintendo would have upgraded their servers by now.