Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Well shit. I think.

In short, Mario Kart 8's been hacked as has the Wii U in general. (Apparently the Wii U hack came earlier, I'm just daft and missed it)

On the downside, well now there's the chance of cheaters and other bad stuff making it's way into MK8 early into it's release.

On the upside, the people who've worked out how to hack the thing aren't releasing their stuff to prevent cheaters using it. Also we could be a step closer to an OST rip, which until Nintendo releases an official OST for the game, I'd love. 

So yeah. That's that.

They aren't releasing these hacks, although it might encourage other hackers to try using the same exploit.

Hopefully Nintendo patches this vulnerability up ASAP.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh great, first we have lag, now we have hacks. Sort this shit out Nintendo before everybody gets tired of the game and stops playing.

However, this potentially means that we could get OST rips. Not just from MK8, but from Wii U games in general.

I have to wonder if people hack only the Wii U instead of all 3 to attempt to remove region lock.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh great, first we have lag, now we have hacks. Sort this shit out Nintendo before everybody gets tired of the game and stops playing.

Why do you think that hacking the game would damage its popularity?

Why do you think that hacking the game would damage its popularity?

This really isn't a tough question.

Because then the online mode would become unfair, because obviously cheaters have the advantage. 

This isn't a tough question.

Because then the online mode would become unfair, because obviously cheaters have the advantage. 

Oh, I get it now. Thanks.

I still hope the hackers will use their... hacking abilty to do something less damaging. Like customize character models, explore unreachable areas, build their own tracks (just like what happened with Mario Kart Wii)

Oh, I get it now. Thanks.

I still hope the hackers will use their... hacking abilty to do something less damaging. Like customize character models, explore unreachable areas, build their own tracks (just like what happened with Mario Kart Wii)

Aye. Actually, these hackers have specifically said they're not releasing the hacks due to cheaters, and they specifically said they want the knowledge to be used for custom tracks. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

SSMB Daily Tourney Winners for Week 5:

Fri 27th June
Brad

Sat 28th June
MickX

Sun 29th June

Random Rules Sunday: Mirror / Teams / No Items or Coins / Karts Only
Team RED - MVP: Haden

...HOWEVER

Due to completely mismatched teams, over on Team Bread, there was only one player, Brad.  While a single player's score had no chance of beating the overall score of everyone in Team RED, said score was higher than any other individual player's, beating Haden by 5 points.  He beat us the majority of the time, so REALLY, the winner should be:

Brad

Mon 30th June
Felix

Tue 1st July
Felix

Wed 2nd July
CJ

Thu 3rd July
Brad

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this sucks.

If they say they won't have any cheating hacks then everything should be alright?

Idk I'm still a bit cautious because now its a possibility to hack the system now and others might find out how to do it too and cheat the game.

Honestly Nintendo just stop the whole thing.

I'm really not sure that it's possible to stop console hacks. People will find exploits in the system, and these could probably be modded consoles. They never stopped Wii hacks, so I don't think they'll stop Wii U hacks unless they take the Microsoft route and set Nintendo Network to automatically detect and block modded consoles.

I've been noticing a lot of online lag too. It's especially annoying when you think you're in first place and you cross the finish line, only to find out you're in third place instead! Don't even get me started on when other players are hit with a red or green shell, they suddenly boost forward after getting hit. It's a right pain in the ass and the ridiculous item distribution doesn't help much either. It has made online matches even more frustrating. Yes, more so than Mario Kart Wii!

As I've said before, I really like this game and it's been fun ride, but its frustration levels are sometimes too much for me to handle. It's also a shame that unlike Mario Kart DS there doesn't seem to be much replay value. I liked how DS had all those missions and boss battles. I'm still waiting for some DLC, Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really not sure that it's possible to stop console hacks. People will find exploits in the system, and these could probably be modded consoles. They never stopped Wii hacks, so I don't think they'll stop Wii U hacks unless they take the Microsoft route and set Nintendo Network to automatically detect and block modded consoles.

Hmmm...Nintendo should take note from Microsoft then.

This stupid kid just made the Wii U Open Season to hackers, so Nintendo better step up their game.

They'll fix this up, but the more often people find these things the more and more likely Nintendo will start bricking modded consoles or banning them as soon as they sign into the Nintendo Network.

Heads up, new Wii U Update (5.0) apparently fixes the exploit. That was fast!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's good, that at least means that the hackers can't go online.....I think. Do you have to update before using online services?

You can't play online unless you update your Firmware. Well, you might be able to, but it won't connect you to anyone.

I read the source.

OH MY GOD! are these guys obsessed with hacking the WiiU? They are seriously going all at it to hack this system. Can't they just go back to MKW custom tracks? Lol

They are going to work their but offs to find an exploit to this new update. Lol

Man they live off this stuff.

Mr. Bean, you can create some cool stuff but i think this system should be left unhacked. Just saying.

Lol this post looks like a rant :P I wasn't even mad writing this. Its just that these guys are working on this so much just to hack.

Nintendo should get rid of region lock just to reduce the amount of hackers as that's generally the main reason. I don't even import but if it stops stuff like this, good.

Region lockling is just an excuse people use for hacking their consoles. More often than not, the main reasons are piracy and game mods.

I want that trophy now ;A;

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, call out a brain fart, Bit I can't seem to remember how to use items as shields. I could've sworn the method was holding downward on the left analog stick our d-pad of the Wii U pad, but it doesn't seem to be working.