Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Get the Mario Kart 8 DLC pack. It's $12 and adds 16 courses. On it's own, it's $8. So buying them together gets you 50% off the second package.

That's less than $ per course. It's a steal.

The characters added so far aren't half bad either. Actually, Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario are in weight classes of their own.

Can't wait for the second pack because the first was of such high quality.  Granted it didn't suddenly breathe new life into the game for me, I didn't start playing it daily, but I often go back and just replay all the GPs on Mario Kart every year or so and the DLC has basically added half a game's content onto it in terms of tracks, and in terms of general value, just a little moreso really considering there's slightly more new tracks than retro ones in the DLC.

Though admittedly, organisation-wise it does bother me endlessly that the old and new tracks are intermingled.  I kinda wish they had grouped all the Nintendo tracks into one cup, all the retro tracks into another two, and all the new original tracks into another, even if it meant we had slightly less or more of a particular one of those categories compared to what they did.

I mean... the DLC is still so good but Rainbow Road in the middle of a cup is all sorts of wrong I don't care.

I'll prolly try and avoid spoilers/trailers for the second DLC pack since I'd like to be surprised by the choices/locales like I did when I played the main MK8 content for the first time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a theory about what we could expect out of the second DLC pack.

Basically, I suspect that the non-Mario amiibo that they compatible with the game are related to the content of the DLC packs.  When I look at the amiibo screen, it seems weird to me that Captain Falcon is placed where he is.  It looks to me like the non-Mario characters are positioned according to the relative significance of their franchises, but, well, sorry, but there's no way F-Zero would come right Zelda and before Kirby and Metroid.  It just stands out to me as wrong, aesthetically speaking.

Then something occurred to me.  F-Zero may not be up on the same level as The Legend of Zelda, but they are both featured in the first DLC Pack.  So maybe that's it, Link and Captain Falcon are grouped together because they're both relevant to the first DLC pack, and maybe Kirby, Samus, and Fox will be relevant to the second?

Since we already know the characters that will be playable, that basically just leaves tracks and vehicles.  Dream Land, Zebes, and Lylat Circuits?  Samus' Starship and the Arwing as vehicles?  Stuff like that.

I know it's not a terribly amazing theory, but it's not like taking a guess at this stuff hurts anything.

Well, the forest looking stage could be from one of those right? Kirby maybe? But then if it was Kirby you would expect a green green type stage or something but who knows.

New Mii racing suits available from 23rd April... including Mega Man, Villager, Olimar, and... y'all ready for this?... Sonic's the name, speed's his game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJwVNhaZYyA

Also yay Rosalina's outfit isn't just her biker suit

So guys. Look closely at the Sonic suit for a moment.

11083753_801346516608917_114111912715942

See it? Go on, look again... yes, that's right...

Sonic has a scarf! 

Now, I know this is obviously because all the Mii racing suits have scarves, but... you can't deny, there's a definite look of Sonic Boom about this costume... *ruined forever*

:P

• Thumbs Up 2

I look forward to not being able to advance past 8th place in the 200cc Mode. At least I'll be doing it with my main squeeze, Dry Bowser...

Very pleased with 200cc. It's something the series has needed for a while, and something MK8 really needed.

• Thumbs Up 3

Very pleased with 200cc. It's something the series has needed for a while, and something MK8 really needed.

What, even more bullshit and unbalanced item usage to induce nothing except wild profanity and rage? :lol:

Can't say I'm sold on 200cc mode but it'll definitely give me a reason to go back to MK8. Especially with the Sonic suit, going at those super fast speeds will feel even more exhilarating!

Looks awesome anyways! They really surprised me about the pack coming in this soon!

200cc!!!!! This is literally gonna be crazy fun! I cannot wait!

So, about that whole " the amiibo compatibility represents the DLC packs' content" theory?  

It's still plausible.  Incredibly unlikely, but still plausible.

... Oh man, I just realized something. 200cc is gonna make racing on Rainbow Road a living nightmare.
  • Thumbs Up 1

200cc, Mushrooms only, Rainbow Road, Heavy class with poor cornering.

Let's go.

• Thumbs Up 3

200cc, Mushrooms only, Rainbow Road, Heavy class with poor cornering.

Let's go.

I actually do shittiest on sports bikes now. That work?

If I remember correctly, some big shortcut's are not possible due to lakitu picking you up half way through the jump. Will they get rid of those in 200cc mode? I hope so.

I'm surprised they still only shown 1 track from the trailers, especially since the DLC pack 2 is coming out this month.

I don't mind though, I can wait. I would actually like a surprise!

Also fire hopping is gonna have some serious speed.

I completely forgot that there was a super bell cup. Yay!

I actually do shittiest on sports bikes now. That work?

We should all play as Wario/Waluigi on high speed set ups with shitty cornering.

Like sports bikes.

Bumping topic since someone asked about if it got lost with the server wipe.

A month and a bit till DLC pack 2 woo.

Oh ho ho Soniko you so funny.

Such a riot.
  • Thumbs Up 3

So guys you might wanna set this video to 60fps

https://youtu.be/KVCJ7ggVe88

Because this 200cc stuff looks like it's going to be NUTS

(EDIT: I posted the wrong link originally and I will never be able to pay for this crime)

I'm laughing because it takes less than 2 minutes to beat a race.

We were complaining about track length before this is just going to be twice as bad lmfao.

This is going to be a riot on Rainbow Road and tracks with a lot of tight cornering like Shy Guy Falls and Mount Wario.

A video for comparison and difference from speed from 150cc to 200cc

It's pretty notable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmJJ94x2e8U