Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Oh man I'm really looking forward to 200 cc this is going to be so fun 

... Oh man, I just realized something. 200cc is gonna make racing on Rainbow Road a living nightmare.

I thought it already was

Well for some people the races will be quick........if there good lol.

I could imagine alot of people constantly falling down to their deaths every 5 seconds lol

With that kind of speed, now is the perfect time for the glorious HD revival of Baby Park.

Could be one of the tracks in DLC pack 2, you never know! Baby Park on 200cc would be pure carnage.

Baby park was awesome and since we've seen them bring back tracks that already got a remake its still possible for baby park 12 racers in the small park would be awesome.

Ah man I would be super happy for bowsers castle from Wii or Toads factory to be in DLC pack! Either one would be great!

Is it weird to be more excited for 200cc then mewtwo lucus and other smash DLC stuff? Lol

seems like the 200cc makes jumps and gliding take you muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch further it's almost ridiculous. Can't wait to try it

So, who wants some delightfully delicious Animal Crossing track music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_YyZSsRb-s

This game's soundtrack is soooooo good

• Thumbs Up 4

Regarding the DLC, can I just say something?

Would it make sense to bring Wuhu Island back into the racing fold? Mario Kart 7 had two tracks. I was thinking that maybe one of those would be brought back for MK8, but nothing. Now we've got the DLC bringing back even more tracks, it'd make sense to bring it back now. With the second pack. After all, Animal Crossing is sort of island-like, and Wuhu Island is an island. But instead of bringing one of MK7's tracks back, make a new one. It doesn't have to use all the island, but it still needs to be a good track to race on.

Regarding the DLC, can I just say something?

Would it make sense to bring Wuhu Island back into the racing fold? Mario Kart 7 had two tracks. I was thinking that maybe one of those would be brought back for MK8, but nothing. Now we've got the DLC bringing back even more tracks, it'd make sense to bring it back now. With the second pack. After all, Animal Crossing is sort of island-like, and Wuhu Island is an island. But instead of bringing one of MK7's tracks back, make a new one. It doesn't have to use all the island, but it still needs to be a good track to race on.

BitBlock are some gaming related Youtube channel, right?

Well, we'll just have to see if we're right then.

I wouldn't mind if Wuhu island return but I wasn't really a fan of it in Mario kart 7 mostly cause it was a pretty boring track but with 200cc coming, it could be fun racing in it.

Buuut there are other tracks that would be better to bring back.

I think I tried 200cc in Mario kart Wii when I got hacks for that game. Since then I always thought the possibility of Nintendo officially adding in 200cc in Mario kart.

Anyways....should we have like a tourney with 200cc? I would like that.

I think the only reason the Wuhu Island tracks were boring was because they chose to literally do not much with them.

Loop was just a track following the main road, while Mountain loop did a bit more, it still followed a standard road and also had that glider section at the end. I think I've got plans for some of the tracks I made up somewhere, but they made a lot more use of the island than either MK7's tracks did.

As for a tournament, it all depends on how people feel once they've played the mode itself.

Well I'll be setting up the MK8 tourney shortly after DLC lands, since I won't be around after the 15th May till June 15th so expect it around the 10th or so.

I want to participate, but my internet won't be stable enough and I'll probably keep getting connection errors. Sigh.

I think I'd have a good shot at high placing too. ;(

You might think so, but everyone in the SSMB community was stupid good. Races could seriously go any which way.

Honestly when we all frequently played it, there are a number of people who were insanely good at the game and an absolute fun challenge to face, more often than not it was anyone's match, we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Brad is amazing with DK, but Jiimbo is amazing with Bowser in the Sports Coupe, people would tell you I shred with Peach on any set up because of maining her exclusively (or her pink gold sibling). Felix is pretty notorious with his Mii and bike set up, Spindash and JezMM are equally impressive with Daisy and her Sports Bike.

I could go on and on.

It made the defeats all the more crushing. As much as I got salty sometimes, it really was amazing when you think about. Everyone was pretty much neck and neck, so one item could cause pure chaos.

That's Mario kart for you. I love/hate items, it'd be boring without them. Tbh I think not having items would not be fair.

My perfect set is Luigi with the flame rider with red wheels, I forgot the name. It just feels right. I try any combinations and I don't feel like I could do my best which is weird lol.

... Oh man, I just realized something. 200cc is gonna make racing on Rainbow Road a living nightmare.

For some, maybe but for me, it'll be a dream come true especially on the N64 track!

That's Mario kart for you. I love/hate items, it'd be boring without them. Tbh I think not having items would not be fair.

Indeed it wouldn't, especially with how overpowered the Heavyweights are in this game, it makes all the mediums and lightweights obsolete, they need SOMETHING to help them catch up to keep pace.

That's one thing that Sonic & All-Stars racing transformed did bested Mario Kart in was making all characters pretty damn balanced to each other, in addition giving them those console Mods that specialized in a certain stat like Speed, Accel, Handling, Boost, etc.

As for the items, MK8's items are pretty hit and miss. I'm glad they tuned down the frequency and power of the Blue Shell and even making a counter for it, and they made Green and Red Shells very effective this time too, but i don't like that they gotten rid of the Fake Item Box and also how damn weird the item roulette is. you can be nearly right behind first place and somehow get a Star, meanwhile if your way in 12th or something, the game never wants to give you Lighting nor a Bullet Bill or something else helpful to help you out of a jam, instead constantly giving you Mushrooms which it itself spawns WAY too often to all players no matter what position even make any difference and on occasions you'd get a Banana or a single green shell..........in 12th place! Oh the agony of it all! Game doesn't care what position you are or how far you are from the person in first, it's just....wack.

Transformed had very few items granted and they were pretty damn randomized too, but they were at least all useful and it never felt like I dwindled too far behind the pack in that game either.

I know Smash get's a lot of tweaking but I sure as hell would love some for MK8 as well.

And I'm just sitting here, getting last in every race. :')

I guess I could join the tourney anyways. It's not like there's win money or anything. XP

I think I know how the items work. I don't think its that much of what place your in, I think it also depends on how far you are to your opponents ahead.

I remember getting 3 stars in a row in second place because the guy in first place was really far. Its like in the beginning in the race, everyone is all packed together and you happen to grab an item in last place and yet you would get like a mushroom or a red shell.

It wasn't like that in Mario kart Wii, in that game it was all about placing. In that game there mostly be that one person who got the bullet bill first and just speeds by everyone really quickly.

Even though the item box is random, I do believe that's how it works in this game.

But honestly, getting the star is not even that rewarding anyways, it doesn't give you that much speed like it did in the other games. I could be right behind someone and it'll take me like 5 seconds to catch up to them and that is a long time. Same with mushrooms and bullet bills.