Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

You guys forgot the most important thing confirmed.

3f5f948165.jpgBaby Pink Gold Peach Confirmed.

So when do you think the Gold Luigi and Daisy DLC will be released. XD

Statue_Luigi_Daisy_(Circuit_Daisy)_MKWII

Big Blue and that Forest stage were my highlights. Baby Park is awesome as well.

Really wished they've bought back Wario Colosseum though.

Now we need one more DLC of a 'proper' Battle Mode, then we can possibly declare this as the PERFECT Mario Kart game. Maybe?

Cheese Land?

Baby Park?

Ribbon Road?

More F-Zero love with BIG FREAKING BLUE?!

Oh, i am ready for this DLC! Everything looks so great and the tracks are just oozing with character, Both Ribbon Road and Cheese Land, two of the tracks that I believed stood out the most in Super Circuit besides Sky Garden, look very fleshed out as they were always meant to be and then some.

And Big Blue... Nintendo, are you hinting something here...? Are you trying to warm people up to the idea of a F-Zero U or something by placing multiple classic courses from the series in here? If, so... thank you. Because I need my F-Zero fix, man. So whether or not that speculation is true, this sort of calms that 10+ year itch for a new game... Note that I said, "sort of". So don't get too comfortable.

For those who say that Baby Park is obsolete because of Excite Arena. It's not really true because the two courses, though simple, aren't the same. Excite Arena is longer and have obstacles along the tracks that mixes things up every time you play it, but Baby Park was the equivalent of a tiny battlefield you had to race through with no distraction other than the competition and their items. No matter what position you where in, you had to be on your guard at all times as you could get hit in any direction. The player in last place could literally be the one who takes out the one in first. The insanity of items in Baby Park is what made it great, along with it's small size. And another factor that made it so chaotic and fun was that certain items could cross over the mid-section of the track and hit anyone at any place. But now it seems like they blocked that section off. So I don't think items won't be able to crossover anymore. The stage could still be fun though, as it's still pretty small. So launching items front and back will still be intense in a way, and Mario kart 8 can still get pretty chaotic especially with 200cc on the way.

Still, I don't have much to complain about. The retro course still look fun and the new courses all look amazing. Can't wait to try these out!

• Thumbs Up 5

More awesome Big Blue footage:

Sadly it looks to be a 1-lap race. :\ Wish 200cc would give you the option to warp back to the beginning of 1-lap tracks, but that'll never happen.

Edit: Oh shoot

Driving in Baby Park is at all times in a Zero-Gravity state

This track is going to be utter chaos

• Thumbs Up 1

WOW

So the guy lied about it being fake, that sneaky guy!

All these stages look super fun I can't wait to try them out. They look gorgeous, the music sounds awesome and I can't wait.

Ribbon Road and Cheese Land are totally unrecognisable. The tracks have been so dramatically redesigned you'd have a hard time guessing they were Retro tracks at all. Its pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

Woah. That pretty much confirms it.

The Game Boy Advance and the Gamecube are getting some serious improvements to their tracks. Just look at those backgrounds, Baby Park is now an in-detail park. Ribbon Road looks like a scalectrix set in a house. And even Cheese Land now has defining features.

The other tracks look good as well, and hopefully an English trailer lands sometime soon so we can get a look at those track names for the new ones.

Apparently patch notes for the update were announced?

– Download of DLC2 possible
– 9 new Mii (amiibo activated) suits
– 200cc class added
– Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to activate
– VS Race: available from the start
– Online Custom Rules: available from the start
– Friend Lobby: available from the start
– Tournament Settings: available from the start
– When breaking while drifting during 200c mode, sparks will fly from your tires
– Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time
– Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring
– Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
       • Wii U Pro Controller
       • Classic Controller
       • Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
– The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random, except in Time Attack mode, which is limited to Summer only.
– 10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts

Not quite sure if Nintendo Everything counts as a source, but yeah, there's this.

Ribbon Road <3

• Thumbs Up 1

AHHHHHHHH GET IN

So glad that message about it being fake was a complete and utter lie. Gonna have so much fun on Baby Park yea! <3

Oh yeah and those other stages are nice too I guess. XP

I only just noticed that there's a new F-Zero track too. It's Big Blue, and it looks like a rollercoaster!! Hnnngggg my birthday's gonna be GREAT.

#removebrad2k15 8]

Here's a reminder of the tourney info (with updated post-DLC2 rules) for any newcomers:

________________________________________________________________________________

SSMB Daily Tourney3089-8091-8109

200cc, all vehicles allowed, all items, no teams, no CPU.

Track selection contains all 48 tracks - You must purchase both DLC packs to participate.

Ranked Races run daily from 11pm - Midnight UK time.  It is recommended you join on time at 11pm for the best experience.

(A flag will appear next to the Tourney's name when ranked races are active, though note that it does not appear automatically - you must exit the tourney selection menu and re-enter for it to appear once ranked racig time is active).

For those unfamiliar with how the tourney works:

Unranked races can be played any time between Midnight and 11pm UK time to attempt to connect with other SSMB players for casual fun.  During the hour of ranked races, each player participates in up to 8 races to earn points.  Once 8 races have been played - including races you have quit or disconnected from - your points for the day are final and you can only participate in unranked races again with fellow players who have completed their 8 ranked races that day, until 11pm the next day, even if the current day's hour of ranked races has not yet finished.  Unlike when the game launched, I no longer have the time/passion to announce the daily winners for each week.  Enjoy your victories like a summer breeze, satisfying yet fleeting, beautiful yet irrelevant in the long run.  And know that your losses are only temporary on the ranking boards, even if they are forever in your heart.

________________________________________________________________________________

().

Regarding this tourney (if people still want to use it), I'll be doing the same as I did previous DLC - for the first two days of the DLC's launch, the track selection will be limited just to DLC so we can get some good mileage out of the new tracks, and I'll of course be setting the speed up to 200cc.

After the first two days, I'll change the track selection to base game + all DLC and leave the speed on 200cc permanently, unless there's any outcry to return to 150cc.

I'll most likely set it to feature tracks from both DLC 1 and 2, since I assume like myself, most people haven't played those tracks to death yet like the base game and they're still considered fairly fresh and new.  If anyone would rather I do JUST DLC 2 for the first days, post to make yourself heard!

*ducks head and covers eyes to avoid track spoilers*

So, when shall this tourney become active?

It's already active, has been since launch.  If people want to whet their appetite for the DLC by having some daily ranked games, the tourney is still accessible as it has always been!  (Naturally, unlike what is written in that post, the rules currently are 150cc and 40 track selection until the new DLC comes out).

What's this? A Kung Fu Panda reference in Mario Kart, of all things?!

:lol:

In regards to the DLC as a whole... I approve! All of the new original tracks look seriously good fun to race on, and I'm very pleased to see two of Super Circuit's more unique tracks get the HD treatment. Ribbon Road looks so damn cool now!

I must admit I was at first a little disappointed that there wasn't a bit more variety in the vehicle or Nintendo crossover departments (a second F-Zero track, though admittedly awesome-looking, is a bit of a shocker) but on the whole this is set to be a solid second pack of new content and, with the 200cc update thrown in as well, it's going to keep me playing Mario Kart 8 for a while yet.

Roll on next Thursday! Vroom vroom!

• Thumbs Up 2

While it doesn't look as hectic in the item department, at 200cc it definitely seems on par with Double Dash in terms of speed.

I think.

Baby seems like it'll still be pretty epic but I think it'll only be epic in 200cc mode maybe because with the lack of items being thrown everywhere. It still looks pretty fun though. I'm excited!

Baby Park does look pretty nuts on 200cc in that video.

I also like when you reach the final section in the Big Blue track, the announcer from, I think F-Zero X, says "YEAH, THE FINAL LAP".

That was a nice touch.

You know, part of me had hoped that they would bring back Mario Kart Super Circuit's Rainbow Road as part of DLC 1 instead of SNES Rainbow Road again. Besides the latter's recent use in 7, I also wanted to see a HD rendition of Bowser's Castle from Paper Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1