Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Downloading update now.

Such an informative post.

Yeah guys DLC pack 2 is now available!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice, gonna go ahead and download it, see if I can get in some play time before I have to head to school!

200cc is MUCH faster than I thought. Feels like I have to relearn everything. xD

I can't count how many times I've fallen off the courses while playing in this new engine class. Ton a fun regardless.

200cc is impossible lmao, you can't even turn a corner without flying off the track.

If you main heavy classes you're legit fucked in this mode.

200C is no match for my handling capabilities! Then again, one of my mains is Wendy.

Guys, the best combo is Toad in the Biddybug and Crimson wheels with any glider.

This was a Public Service Announcement for 200cc mode.

Yeah, I've just been blasting around with the City Tripper on 200cc as well. Bikes seem to be better at 200cc.

Well, not sure about inward drift bikes, but I'm sure its the same thing.

Animal Crossing and Super Bell Subway have become two of my favourite tracks from this DLC. Baby Park, Ribbon Road and Big Blue are up near the top as well. Neo Bowser City, Wilds Woods and Cheese Land still need to grow on me.

I'm really feeling this 200cc mode!! I'm getting used to most of the dlc tracks (except big blue) and some of the old ones feels great with 200cc. I'm loving it!

For once in this series, I dread getting a Golden Mushroom.

That's the last item I want in this engine class.

It seems like fire hopping in 200cc is useless mostly because there i s no room for it except for really long straight away and it doesn't feel like it makes you go faster. This is actually good! I imagine that the speed would go even higher when fire hopping. But I'm not 100% sure if it slows you down or not. Either way its not worth it in this mode.

Oh man I'm so happy I didn't watch the trailers.  When Cheese Land showed up I was bouncing in my seat but then Ribbon Road too!  They utterly spoiled me, both of the GBA tracks with the most potential in one go, never expected it in a million years.  I guess in a sense I'm a little disappointed that they're near unrecognisable (as oppose to Mario Circuit which was more subtle in its changes) but they're still awesome tracks and the visuals are insanely creative (though I'm a bit sad that Cheese Land became a generic daytime locale rather than the nighttime/on the moon feel the original had).

New tracks are fantastic too though I do think the forest track could have benefited from different placement - two "green" tracks in a row like that is a bit awkward but what can you do.

Big Blue was a surprise but honestly a great way to close off the game if this is the only DLC content we get.  Having grown up with the N64 version, a cylinder section would've been amazing and a logical conclusion to the gravity play in MK8 but I get that they were more going for SNES nostalgia with these tracks.

200cc blew me away for real, I almost regret playing these tracks for the first time on it since when I was doing well they were flying by too fast to appreciate and when I wasn't doing well... well I was not doing well so that wasn't enjoyable either lol.  The Super Bell cup saw my first failure to get even a bronze trophy on a MK8 Grand Prix!  The shame!

Anyway I've set up the Daily Tourney with 200cc DLC-only tracks for tonight and tomorrow for anyone who wants to participate.  Despite the single vote in favour of JUST using DLC2 tracks (with no-one talking against the idea), I'm afraid the track selection will consist of both DLC1 and DLC2 tracks simply because that's the only option the game gives to exclude the base game tracks, sorry!

(though I'm a bit sad that Cheese Land became a generic daytime locale rather than the nighttime/on the moon feel the original had).

This is pretty much my only complaint. Why did they change the lunar feel of a stage called Cheese Land? And get rid of the Mousers?

I'm wondering: Does 200cc have a mirror grand prix? Or is it just 200cc by itself?

Just 200cc by itself as far as I can see, unless you unlock 200cc Mirror later.

200cc's scary enough by itself thanks. We don't need the tracks mirrored to lose our heads even more.

Mario Kart 9 introduces 300cc Mirror Flipped Reverse Mode.  Now all tracks are also upside-down and you have to drive through them backwards.  This mode launches as DLC with the beloved retro track Wii Rainbow Road.

• Thumbs Up 4

150cc:

giphy.gif

200cc:

tumblr_lq00lbFK9h1qdc388o1_400.gif

Man, 200cc is a freaking wake up call, man! I mean, it did seem fast in the videos, and we were warn that braking around turns would be mandatory, but I didn't expect it to feel so different from 150cc.

There are a lot of things that 150cc allowed that 200cc does not. It's so much in a class of it's own that it's almost like learning a new racing game with the Mario Kart fundamentals. And it's great, because I want to tame this beast!

I'm glad that the Steel Driver is a traction god with decent handling. Couldn't imagine driving at that speed with a kart/bike combination that has as much grip as the Blood Hawk from F-Zero GX... (I.E. A bar of soap.)

• Thumbs Up 1

200cc is legit fun. I can drive with middleweights without having to exhaust my fingers into oblivion firehopping on every straight now just to stay remotely on pack with every other racer. Thank goodness!

Really enjoying the new DLC tracks as well. Still not quite feeling Baby Park though, but ah well, 48 tracks in a modern Mario Kart game is kind of a miracle on it's own, lol.