Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Why isn't there there a consistent localisation between Europe and America? It really makes no sense for random car parts and tracks to be named differently. Smash Bros. has it too with the Duck Hunt Duo and descriptions.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just got the 2 DLC and I'm loving all these new tracks, especially Neo Bowser City and Big Blue; those two tracks have to be my new favorite tracks in the game. They're so cool and awesome, plus their beautiful too.

I also tired the 200cc on the Mushroom Cup and god damn is it fast! I flew off the track left and right and bumped into almost every wall too lol. It's a certainly more challenging mode that will take some time to master, but other then that I'm loving this DLC, and I can't wait to race people on it!

Speaking of which, can I join that tournament tonight too? I would love to race against you guys, even though I hardly talk or post on this board much though. 

Speaking of which, can I join that tournament tonight too? I would love to race against you guys, even though I hardly talk or post on this board much though. 

No need to ask, anyone who wants to join can use the code to get in without worry!

The Tourney starts in 2 hours from now, if anyone wants to use this post's time displaying in their local time as a reference point (though on the hour of course, not 2 minutes past lol).

• Thumbs Up 1

No need to ask, anyone who wants to join can use the code to get in without worry!

The Tourney starts in 2 hours from now, if anyone wants to use this post's time displaying in their local time as a reference point (though on the hour of course, not 2 minutes past lol).

Alright, thank you for answering my question. :)  I'll be there at 5pm then which should be the time it starts in my time zone.

If anyone can't make it today, tomorrow's tourney will feature DLC-only tracks too.  After that it'll be set to all tracks + DLC permanently, but I'll get you guys' feedback first on whether we want it on 200cc or 150cc forever.  I won't be updating it again unless there is more new content or mass demand for a rule change from any people who plan to play regularly again.

Oh shoot.

I was planning on joining this tournament... But my DLC pack is still downloading. It's more than halfway done though... Am I too late?

All of the new tracks are brilliant! Mmwell, I think Cheese Land is the weakest but I think Animal Crossing and Big Blue have now become my new favourite tracks of entire game! The music is just ahhhhh SO good!! Also, I love Isabelle. She's so cute and I think she might become my new main. X3

Now as for 200cc...errr, it's tough. Looks like I'm gonna have to practice a lot.

Oh shoot.

I was planning on joining this tournament... But my DLC pack is still downloading. It's more than halfway done though... Am I too late?

Proooobably.  You can only be matched up with fellow latecomers at this point, which there may be or there may not be.  If no-one is around, I am leaving the DLC-only rules up for another day for those who couldn't play tonight, so there's always tomorrow.

Proooobably.  You can only be matched up with fellow latecomers at this point, which there may be or there may not be.  If no-one is around, I am leaving the DLC-only rules up for another day for those who couldn't play tonight, so there's always tomorrow.

Ah, okay. I managed a few races with quite a few people. I beat you once hohohoho-- ahem

My God 200cc is so fast like, it's ridiculous. XP

I love the tracks in the AC DLC!  Cheese Land is probably my least favourite of the lot too but I do appreciate how much of a remake it's got from the GBA version, alongside Ribbon Road holy shit man. You guys know that MK8 poster actually has tacks holding it to the wall?

Baby Park is as crazy as ever and Big Blue is a real load of fun too. Overall I'm really happy Nintendo took the opportunity of DLC racetracks and vehicle parts for this game, I don't care much for the character additions outside of Link, the villager and Isabelle but as a whole it's still really good stuff. Is there any new word on that soundtrack release we heard about a while ago now that the DLC's all out? This music is so gooooood...

as for 200cc

I believe you can choose 200cc in the custom race option on Worldwide, but I'm pretty sure the engine class of the ranked races is determined by the overall rank of the people racing.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can freely choose 200cc in the Custom option inside the Global or Regional setting. Haven't tried the default option yet, though I'd guess it gives you 150cc rooms.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Yeah, the game clearly isn't designed with the speed 200cc provides in mind. It makes me wonder if later titles will implement gotta go fast mode, though. Gotta have my fast AND my nice drifts.

I highly enjoyed both DLC packs, I actually ended up liking the brand new tracks over the returning ones, as impressive as they were. Though whenever I go back to MK8 I'm reminded of how much I really fucking hate single player grand prix mode so I spent most of today being frustrated trying to get at least one star in each cup/difficulty. Except 200cc, I didn't bother with it because I blow ass at 150cc as it is

I honestly feel like Wild Woods was designed with 200cc in mind and literally the only example of it, the turns and hell the roads in general have absurdly large space compared to any other course in the game and you can go through the whole thing full-speed without needing to slow down at all with really good reflexes. Everywhere else though, 200cc is a matter of "does the track even slightly mesh well with the notorious speed" and just keeping your cool and not messing up, because here one single mistake can cost you an entire six places, and that's not even stretching it lol

• Thumbs Up 5

200 cc or How Inertia Made Me Its Bitch.

Creeping crackers, 200cc is just a great simulator if you want to crash into things. I am going to need a lot of practice for this class - in fact, not even the NPCs know how to handle 200cc as many of them are frequently crashing into corners and walls on your playbacks.

But let's mention the level of detail in the new levels, because once you rewind ad nauseum, you start to appreciate the finer bells and whistles in even the DLC tracks. I swear that Gold Bell Subway has really interesting graffitio speckled around the tubes, including tags by the koopalings. That Underground World 1-2 mural is practically the best reference I have seen yet. And the bakery? It has cookies from Yoshi's Cookie. I am still trying to find out what the small text is on the map (not the line maps) though.

I'm really really enjoying all this dlc. Its amazing. The tracks are excellent. So much detail went into each of them and the music is flipping' great! I love it.

200cc is fast man, it will have you dropping off course and bumping against the walls ALOT, and you probably heard this a lot already but BRAKING IS CRUCIAL!!

I pretty much gotten used to it and I do pretty well in 200cc in most courses even some difficult courses like cheese land, neo bowser city, Yoshi circuit, wario stadium, and bowser castle. More shortcuts have opened up and some are useless because some short cuts are mostly not worth taking now.

https://youtu.be/4VzU2MfrQDM

Neo bowser city!!! Let's gooooo

More like drift city. (I REALLY LIKE THIS TRACK!)

Also this happens XD https://38.media.tumblr.com/60f433f4e2b59084ae62db9192b59296/tumblr_nna2drht5G1rtr7mwo1_400.gif I was flying LOL

Tracker made the gif though

If anyone needs an excuse to practice up the new tracks on 150cc before attempting to survive them on 200cc, I've just noticed that unlike 150cc, earning trophies in Grand Prix on 200cc does not automatically earn the trophies for lower difficulties.  So if anyone wants to re-100% complete the game, you need to complete the DLC on 150cc, Mirror and 200cc as individual runs.  Kind of silly.

E3 Direct starts. Jumps straight into the first trailer. We see a blue blur run past. We see a blue blur fly past. Two men in dungarees stop in the frame, panting and looking at each other. Everyone watching is now holding their breath, expecting the crossover platform we've all been waiting for. The Mario Kart 8 intro starts up as Mario and Luigi jump into karts, and everyone jumps on the internet to complain how Nintendo never give us anything good.

Now that's a story right there.

Sonic being in the game would be so nice. Along with a sonic stage, but I don't feel like they'll go there especially not getting other Nintendo characters like samus or captain falcon.

Seriously why isn't captain falcon playable!?!?

And Nintendo seems to love mega man right now so if they were gonna put a third party then they would probably choose him lol.