Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Seriously why isn't captain falcon playable!?!?

He's out of work that he had to sell his Blue Falcon to Mario. Now he's back in the bar, reminiscing about better times... ;A;

• Thumbs Up 4

Seriously why isn't captain falcon playable!?!?

Because it will be too ridiculious seeing him drivng a miniature version of his vehicule instead of the real one. Have you see Link on it?

Because it will be too ridiculious seeing him drivng a miniature version of his vehicule instead of the real one. Have you see Link on it?

Are you kidding?

Captain Falcon On a Duck Scooter with Cushion Tires is a Selling point, not a downside!

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you kidding?

Captain Falcon On a Duck Scooter with Cushion Tires is a Selling point, not a downside!

Now, im sold. But it will so random by just looking at it, it will be impossible to me to concentrate on the race.

I feel like Captain Falcon driving around a tiny Blue Falcon holding a happy little mushroom in one hand, surrounded by babies driving bear bikes around a bright, vibrant cartooney take on his own franchise would be about the final nail in the coffin for the pride of every F-Zero fan out there.

But it should happen.

• Thumbs Up 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2UYnj8zjw

Of course, ignoring the jankiness that comes with a mod, this is what I'd like to see if Sonic ever made it in. Hell, I think a lot of his animations from Generations/Unleashed would be suited for the drifting and stunts that have become commonplace. He could also use Tails as a temporary glider.

Of course, before anything, Mario Kart needs to sort out its own roster first. 3 of the DLC characters were basically reskins - thought Dry Bowser is cool - which exacerbated the issue of the metal clones and all the babies.

If Sonic ever does miraculously get included, he'll drive a kart or a bike like everybody else. Forget the "why is Sonic in a car?" argument, because at best this would be a neat little guest appearance and there's no way Nintendo are going to readjust the foundations of their own game to suit one character.

Heck, if Sonic drives around in a car in his OWN racing game series, he's not going to suddenly hop out and take on all these anti-gravity tracks on foot.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic ever does miraculously get included, he'll drive a kart or a bike like everybody else. Forget the "why is Sonic in a car?" argument, because at best this would be a neat little guest appearance and there's no way Nintendo are going to readjust the foundations of their own game to suit one character.

Heck, if Sonic drives around in a car in his OWN racing game series, he's not going to suddenly hop out and take on all these anti-gravity tracks on foot.

Oh I dunno, putting him on foot seems like such an insane and weird thing to do that I think they would do it. Besides, all they'd have to is treat him like a vehicle with his own stats and he'd fit in just fine. He could be extremely fast and have good handling but me massively lightweight and easy to push around for instance.

Plus, has Sonic really ever cared about gravity? :P

Of course, if he just bought over his ride from Sega All Stars. that'd be cool too.

Here is some highlights videos from my first participation in the latest SSMB Daily Tourney: (I have also post them on Miiverse)

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh I dunno, putting him on foot seems like such an insane and weird thing to do that I think they would do it. Besides, all they'd have to is treat him like a vehicle with his own stats and he'd fit in just fine. He could be extremely fast and have good handling but me massively lightweight and easy to push around for instance.

Plus, has Sonic really ever cared about gravity? :P

Just... so so wouldn't happen.  A guest character getting that kind of special treatment would just never happen (and it'd completely break the way vehicle choice works in the MK series currently).  Also Sonic controlling like a car (and handling like a car when other racers bump into him or he bumps into scenery - consider that too - why would running off-track onto grass slow Sonic down?) was ridiculous in Sonic R and it would be ridiculous here.

Like, it's "such an insane and weird thing to do" that they wouldn't do it IMO.  I mean they didn't even put Link on Epona, if they didn't do that they wouldn't do Sonic on foot.

• Thumbs Up 5

ZZP6AsT.png

They went there.

THEY WENT THERE

sonic confirmed for dlc pack 3

Errr, I don't get it.

Scratch, that; I was fool for missing it. f_-_phoenixehhh.gif

ZZP6AsT.png

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!! :P

But seriously though, that awesome that made that reference here. I wonder if they'll actually make Sonic playable? It would be really awesome, and I guess it would also accommodate with the whole 200cc class thing. Heck why stop there, how about make Mega Man playable as well? Nintendo seems to love him a lot, I would like to see how glorious he would look in Mario Kart 8. Oh, and also can't forget Pac-Man too, since he and Mario have actually raced together before. *sigh* Wishful thinking I know, but it would still be cool for it to happen.

Actually, I would really dig seeing the real Captain Falcon racing here in a motorbike. :D

tumblr_nncb33c2k81rsruc9o1_540.png

Set him free.

(and we all thought the Smash Mii costumes were gonna send things out of control)

The art style in the Sonic Adventure 2 remake looks amazing! Dunno why they replaced Rings with coins and didn't even bother changing the Ring in the HUD, though.

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_nncb33c2k81rsruc9o1_540.png

Set him free.

(and we all thought the Smash Mii costumes were gonna send things out of control)

Huh. For some reason, my computer can't see this image. Can I ask what is it?

Huh. For some reason, my computer can't see this image. Can I ask what is it?

It's the Sonic Mii suit for Mario Kart 8 going down the trolley hill of Toad Harbor with an Adventure 2 mission box for City Escape added on!

It's the Sonic Mii suit for Mario Kart 8 going down the trolley hill of Toad Harbor with an Adventure 2 mission box for City Escape added on!

Oh shit really? That's just pure awesome. :D

Is it the external USB hard drive absolutey necessary to download the dlc?

Because when I start the game, nothing new happens...

Ummm no? I downloaded and installed it just fine without any external space needed at all.

Have you lost connection whilst downloading? That was a big problem I had whilst getting it, but then again I'd imagine the traffic's smoother now because it's been a couple days...

Seeing that image, I remember way back when I said Toad Harbour looks like City Escape, and people said I was a fool for thinking it.

That just looks so natural together. [Though of course I did say Generations version, not Adventure 2]

Normally, after the update was installed, and the game started, the game will ask you if you want to download the DLC.

Just... so so wouldn't happen.  A guest character getting that kind of special treatment would just never happen (and it'd completely break the way vehicle choice works in the MK series currently).  Also Sonic controlling like a car (and handling like a car when other racers bump into him or he bumps into scenery - consider that too - why would running off-track onto grass slow Sonic down?) was ridiculous in Sonic R and it would be ridiculous here.

Like, it's "such an insane and weird thing to do" that they wouldn't do it IMO.  I mean they didn't even put Link on Epona, if they didn't do that they wouldn't do Sonic on foot.

EDIT: Urk, the original reply was way too passive-aggressive, my bad.

I get what you mean though, I just thought it'd be cool! Maybe as a last hurrah bonus DLC or something.

Also, I'd argue that putting Link on a bike instead of Epona is that breed of weird-awesome that I'm referring to. Of course, as you say, there'd have to be a slightly bigger leap for a playable Sonic to be on foot.

Apologies for double posting, but Gamexplain just put this up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upNZPo1W6GU

The last secret highlights one my favorite aspects of the game: the interconnection between the various tracks. While I don't know if "world-building" is the right term for this, I love MK8's approach to the track details. Even those tracks that aren't necessarily connected to each other feel so alive. It was one of the things I loved about Double Dash too, and I hope they continue this approach for future installments.

What if they made roller skates a special kart? Like in Sonic Riders.

TBH I'd just like to play as Sonic in MK8, I wouldn't mind whether he was in a kart or not. and shadow could come with him I mean uh