Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Id rather have sonic be in a kart like the rest of the characters. On foot would be too weird and wouldn't look right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Id rather have sonic be in a kart like the rest of the characters. On foot would be too weird and wouldn't look right.

Not to mention that on foot, he'd probably lap them anyway.

I just looked at that cover, now the song's stuck in my head again.

*Hums Super Sonic Racing absent-mindedly*

EDIT: Oh yeah. Was on MK8 earlier trying to three-star the new DLC GP's on 150cc. The AI are absolutely menacing. Hardly even managed a two star on my last try. And so, is it just me, or have they been fiddling with the difficulty again?

Oh boy, guys and er..girls, Today, French Web-Tv "Gaming Live" was holding a MK8 Marathon with some of the casters playing online with the DLC.

The event was host by one of Gaming Live casters: "Necro" from the professional Mario Kart 8 team "@KoopaClanGaming"

They close the marathon for today with a special edition of one of Necro's weekly tournament "Smash dans le Kart" (Smash on the kart): 200cc; Items on FRENZY; Controls on GYROSCOPIC ONLY.

This tournament has 45 players on it... and i finish at the 4th place: https://mobile.twitter.com/Nex988/status/592072887466467330?p=v

Translation: The chocolate medal is mine! "WAKA-WAKA"

My setup was: Heavyweight Mii (PAC-MAN Racing Suit), AC Scooter, Red Rollers tires, Gold Glider.

After i see the results, i pick up my PAC-MAN Amiibo and said to him: YOU SEE THAT?! WE FINISH 4TH, TOGETHER! and start cuddle him... yeah.... (PS: This is a joke)

• Thumbs Up 2

I just looked at that cover, now the song's stuck in my head again.

*Hums Super Sonic Racing absent-mindedly*

EDIT: Oh yeah. Was on MK8 earlier trying to three-star the new DLC GP's on 150cc. The AI are absolutely menacing. Hardly even managed a two star on my last try. And so, is it just me, or have they been fiddling with the difficulty again?

Been doing the same myself and honestly they don't seem particularly different to me.  Just like before my victories generally just came down to being lucky about blue shells and other unfortunate item moments happening early on each race if at all, and failures being due to not being lucky and having a bunch of stuff hit me at the end.

With the exception of one time on the Bell Cup where after a flawless run all the way through the GP I just completely fucked up on the final stretch of Big Blue and drifted onto the slow patch, being overtaken and dropping into 2nd place at the very last moment, no-one really to blame but myself.

Yeah, talking of luck, how is it that through all the time I was trying to three star that GP, a blue shell would always hit me at the same place each time on Wild Woods? Lap three, just before the split path.

As for messing up, maybe that's more down to the fact I was playing too much 200cc the day before. It takes a different mind set to overcome that engine class.

I'm still surprised about how intense 200cc really is. The jump doesn't feel the same as the jumps from 50cc to 150cc, you have to completely rethink how you approach tracks.

I love it though, and I hope it becomes a staple of the franchise. Perhaps they should just do away with 50cc?

Nah, I'd just expect that future Mario Kart games will have at the very least, 50 to 200cc from now on.

Yeah, 50cc is necessary for total beginners.  But as long as they promise to be consistent in having 150cc unlocked from the start and having it so 150cc trophies unlock their lower difficulty equivelants.

200cc doing the same would be no bad thing.  Perhaps have it so 200cc unlocks by getting three star rank on any 150cc cup as a sort of "proof of worth".  Then from that point on you can play the rest just on 200cc if you really want to.

• Thumbs Up 4

After playing with a friend, we both realize that the Wii Remote and Nunchuck control scheme doesn't have a brake button. Is that true?

I know that the B button is for drifting. Anyway, It's pretty impossible for him to play on 200cc if that's the case.

After playing with a friend, we both realize that the Wii Remote and Nunchuck control scheme doesn't have a brake button. Is that true?

I know that the B button is for drifting. Anyway, It's pretty impossible for him to play on 200cc if that's the case.

Tried Z or C on the nunchuk?

• Thumbs Up 1

B is brake and drift. If you're moving straight, you'll break. If you're turning, you'll drift. It's really crap for 200cc.

Yeah, 50cc is necessary for total beginners.  But as long as they promise to be consistent in having 150cc unlocked from the start and having it so 150cc trophies unlock their lower difficulty equivelants.

200cc doing the same would be no bad thing.  Perhaps have it so 200cc unlocks by getting three star rank on any 150cc cup as a sort of "proof of worth".  Then from that point on you can play the rest just on 200cc if you really want to.

I dunno. I think 100cc is a pretty decent starting point for beginners in the sense that it presents a small degree of challenge with a decent sense of speed. 50cc errs a bit too much on the slow side I feel.

But i get you, and I agree with the "proof of worth" and top-down nature of unlocks. That's actually a really good way of catering to all levels of play.

• Thumbs Up 4

Agreed with Jez on this. 50cc is simply not designed for players like us, and it makes no effort to force skilled players through it. But it has its place for those who simply aren't as good. There's really no reason to do away with it if someone people do enjoy it and find it offers a sufficient challenge.

I think I played two cups on 50cc and a further one in 100cc before moving over to 150cc (and now 200cc) for good. Anything less is just too slow for me.

It's funny, as a kid I didn't even notice the speed differences in Mario Kart games.  I always just assumed that the engine classes were just a fancy race-themed way of saying "Easy" "Normal" and "Hard" (which of course they also are beyond the actual engine speed.

Actually something I feel would be nice for them to bring back is minor course differences depending on difficulty.  Mario Kart 64 used to have less obstacles and more guard rails on lower difficulties.  Guess they dropped the idea just to make the experience more consistent for all players though.

• Thumbs Up 4

boost items in 200cc actually feel like they boost up your speed! Mushrooms, bullet bill and star are actually good this time and actually bring you somewhere

Remember that Mario Kart is aimed at literally all ages though, even 3 year olds and 80 year olds.  A small degree of challenge to us can easily be a monumental task of hand-eye co-ordination for them.  50cc is marked as "low speed fun for everyone" on the menu for a reason!  I started on 50cc when I got MK8 out of tradition (due to not knowing 150cc unlocked lower trophies this time) and it was an utter snorefest in terms of difficulty, never got overtaken once.  But I think stupidly easy modes have their place and as long as beating higher difficulties automatically makes lower ones be considered "beaten" too, they harm no-one by existing.

As I said before, I don't entirely disagree. 

Man, I've been getting shot down in this thread quite a bit recently :P

It's ok Ringo~

I still love you.

<3

Although, perhaps the last couple of pages have demonstrated why I should never be let within a mile of video game development? :P

I wonder if they'll announce a DLC Pack 3 at E3. Given how well these two packs have been received, it would seem weird not to. It's pretty much guaranteed money.

They shouldn't do a DLC Racing Pack 3.

They should do a Battle Mode DLC.

They shouldn't do a DLC Racing Pack 3.

They should do a Battle Mode DLC.

61585443.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9