Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Also they missed that scene in the Thunder Cloud in Cloudtop Cruise where Bowser drives by Mario, who is indeed dragging a Green Shell behind him.

I personally did loved Wii's Tracks, especially the entire Star Cup, that diversity from the Scenic Daisy Circuit, to the coastal and fun Koopa Cape, to the beautiful Maple treeway to the Destructive and road dissolving Grumble Volcano.

In 7, I wasn't really a fan of the two Wuhu tracks that much cause they were only one lap around the whole track, same said for Rainbow, but I loved DK Jungle, Music Park, and Wario's Shipyard and a couple others.

DS, I thought the DS had the most creative and most diversity of all the games.

Double Dash I didn't really like a lot of the courses and music from that game, I don't know, it felt lacking. But the items in it like the Giant Banana, chain Chomp and Bowser Shell were awesome.

hmmm I wonder if they have consider putting in a double dash bonus mode, with the 2 person kart modes from that game, now THAT would mix things up

That would be nice, we got bikes, we got Hand gliders and propellers for Air and underwater sections, then they should add on Double dash karts and have them customizable.  

Holy crap that's some amazing boxart for a Mario Kart game. So colourful and a huge step up from MKWii and MK7 with the bland white background. *-* The wait for this is going to be really hard.

Goodbye, bland and uninspired Mario Kart DS, Wii & 7 box arts. Hello there, colourful and eye-catching Mario Kart 8 box art!

Yep, I fucking love it. =)

Sky in a Mario Kart box art?

It's only been a decade

Just realized it's been that long. Thanks for making me feel old. =(

Anyway, the box art is fantastic.

Holy mustard of Doom that is awesome, WAY better than the last 3 games Box covers that were all white in the background (DS, Wii, and 7). I think that's Rosalina all the way in the back their.

Honestly I cannot wait for this game, I'm gonna play the living shit out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was about to post myself saying this is the first time Rosalina has ever appeared on a cover.  They're really pushing her as a character huh.  Weird that it's come a generation late rather than when the Galaxy games were relevant, but cool all the same.

Even though Daisy is the best

• Thumbs Up 4

Goodbye, Mario Kart bland boxart trend that over stood it's welcome. See you in hell, Mario Kart Wii's invisible car bullshit! And hello Mario Kart 8's awesome colorful boxart. That's a box art that definitely screams "BUY ME"!

Even though Daisy is the best

siren_fistbump.gif

Yeah Rosalina has certainly come a long way eh, to actually being playable in a Main Mario game, through only post game. She's even now appearing in Mario Part Games, not playable yet through.

It's only a matter of time till she's playable in a sports related Mario Game, possibly in the upcoming Mario Golf game on the 3DS.

Feels like the Year of Rosalina.

but yeah Daisy is still very fun to play as.

I was about to post myself saying this is the first time Rosalina has ever appeared on a cover.  

Actually I think she was on the cover for Mario Party: Island Tour, but this is the first time she'll have been on the cover of a game people legitimately care about :P

Shame Bowser's car from Super Mario 3D World didn't make it in.

015.jpg

That would've been a thing of legends to drive!

• Thumbs Up 7

Shame Bowser's car from Super Mario 3D World didn't make it in.

015.jpg

That would've been a thing of legends to drive!

How do you know it's not in?

We've only seen 6 Cars and only 3 Bikes so far from both trailers, as well as 3 Wheels, the Standard, Monster and Slim and only one glider.

Also only 13 tracks were seen so far out of 32 (two of which were referenced in Sunshine Airport and 3 of which are Retro Tracks) and only 17 characters have been seen so far out of a possible 24 or more.

We barely seen any new other items either aside from the usual (and the worthless Blooper), it's still unknown if the Bullet Bill, thunder Cloud, Mega Mushroom, Boo, and Super leaf are back yet or if their are any new items instead. 

The game ain't due till May, so their was still plenty to do between the time of the second trailer and it's release.

Mario Kart is quite weird for always wanting to do its own thing and not referencing other games much.  In fact Mario Kart 7 blew my mind for taking that long to have a Wario track that actually remixes some Wario game music into it, and Donkey Kong having a course directly based off something from his own series.

Still, even though most of the time Mario Kart does its own thing, it still manages to fit right into the overall universe, so kudos to that.

Hehehe clever.

WiiU_MarioKart8_scrn10_E3.png

480px-Nsmb2boohemoth.jpg

Totally didn't notice that the Statue face in front of the Boo Manor was of Boohemoth from NSMB:2, They also worked Bouldergeist in the track too as the entrance of the underwater section.

You spotting more references and details every day eh.