Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

How do you know it's not in?

We've only seen 6 Cars and only 3 Bikes so far from both trailers, as well as 3 Wheels, the Standard, Monster and Slim and only one glider.

Also only 13 tracks were seen so far out of 32 (two of which were referenced in Sunshine Airport and 3 of which are Retro Tracks) and only 17 characters have been seen so far out of a possible 24 or more.

We barely seen any new other items either aside from the usual (and the worthless Blooper), it's still unknown if the Bullet Bill, thunder Cloud, Mega Mushroom, Boo, and Super leaf are back yet or if their are any new items instead. 

The game ain't due till May, so their was still plenty to do between the time of the second trailer and it's release.

Interesting. Well I've never owned a Mario Kart game and haven't played the franchise in a good long while, so perhaps you know more about the gist of this game including the possibilities than I do. Either way, it's good news to hear that car could make it in someway somehow.

Yeah unlockables, in DD you unlocked the Grand champions car, which was basically the gold podium first place car at the ceremony for winning at the end of a Cup grand prix. Bowser's car is pretty grandiose so it could be a similar case scenario as one of the unlocks. 

Not entirely sure how I feel about the Koopalings being playable. They're definitely better choices than the Honey Queen and Wiggler (the latter seemingly confirmed to be cut now that there's a Wiggler kart?), but... they're still not the most interesting of characters. Strange to see them in over Bowser Jr so far too, that's kinda weird. Plus they take up seven spaces on the roster - but I suppose if you've gotta have one, you've gotta have them all!

I'd like to see Nabbit show up as a playable character now actually. That way the entire NSMB franchise is essentially catered for (excluding Blue/Yellow Toad, we already have normal Toad for that) - which is quite a big portion of the target market that play Mario Kart too.

Anyway, roll on 30th May! Why must you still be three months away...?

I'm comfortable with the Koopalings. Just remove the crappy characters; Queen Bee, Wiggler, Dry Bones, Dry Bowers, Metal Mario, etc. They can still add a couple of characters like Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, E. Gadd, and Kamek. Them, along with Bowser Jr., I think would be good and fill out the roster with decent characters instead of crappy throw aways.

It's nice to see the Koopalings.

I just hope they trim the fat, get rid of all the friggin' babies,bugs and skeletons, and put some legit characters in there.

I still think some WarioWare characters like Mona, Jimmy T or Ashley would be a welcome surprise. They'd definitely be better than Baby Queen Walu-Dry Bones

• Thumbs Up 1

They can keep Baby Mario and Luigi, but the others I'd hope would be gone by now.

Which ones besides those two are there? Peach, right?

Just Peach as far as the trailers have shown. The roster is already getting quite big.

They can keep Baby Mario and Luigi, but the others I'd hope would be gone by now.

Baby Daisy has been confirmed too, sadly.

Mario-Kart-8-18-12-13-006.jpg

Okay I'm usually the last person to moan about rosters and shit but

Four Babies and Seven Dumb Lookin' Small Bowsers

And no Captain Syrup

• Thumbs Up 3

Good to see the Koopalings in the game! Much better choices than whatever the hell they chose for MK7. Queen Bee, Wiggler, Metal Mario...WUT.

Well... Piss....

Y'know, given that since MKWii, there's been no real difference between characters other than weight class and what car they're driving, who's to say we won't get an enormous roster? We can have the babies, Koopalings, AND a bunch of more interesting picks like Nabbit or anyone from DKC and WarioWare.

I'll certainly agree they're better than Queen Bee though.  I mean at least they're important figures in Mario 3/World/NewWii/New2 but... ugh something feels weird about 7 of them all as separate characters and I dunno why.  I guess I'm being partly biased though, I just never cared for them.

Frankly I'd take Boom Boom and Pom Pom over them for some 3D Land/World representin'.

Dry Bones is my dude in the Mario spin off games whenever he is playable. Otherwise I just go for the next best thing. I like the Koopalings being playable. Probably gonna mess around with Larry and Iggy.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess it's a totally subjective opinion on my part.  I concede, I was about to type "They just aren't much more than stage bosses to me" and then remembered I would be super pleased if Mouser, or Wart, or King Bob-omb, got in, considering they are "just stage bosses" but from MY favourite Mario games.

Wow, they've really done a great job with the Retro Tracks that was shown in the trailer. At first glance, I thought the 4 Retro Tracks were 4 new courses.

Btw, the Retro Tracks shown were MK 7 DK Jungle, MKWii Grumble Volcano, GBA Mario Circuit. and MKDS Tick Tock Clock.

Character count right now is at 24, the same amount as MKWii (excluding the Mii's), and from I heard from guys at E3 last year, they said their was supposed to be more characters than Wii, so don't get your hopes down for characters you may still want. 

I'm still hoping for E. Gadd 

• Thumbs Up 1

Im hoping for king boo.

I have this feeling that those slow motion parts in the trailer would act as an highlight to put in the 30 second highlight reel. So like bumping onto someone to take their lead, hitting someone with an item. Doing tricks and other stuff they might add.

Would anyone care if blue shell comes back?

I'd like to see King Boom and Diddy Kong return. Bowser Jr. would be an ok choice to return. For new characters... Dixie Kong, E. Gadd, Kamek (I've always liked Kamek from Tetris Attack; and yes I'm well aware it was actually originally Panel de Pon), and perhaps Mona. I don't know anything about WarioWare, I just think it'd be epic to have characters from WarioWare.

I can see about 5-6 more characters, I doubt this is the final roster at this point.