Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

MK7 was obviously rushed out the door, which is why it was lacking things as basic as single race. I've no doubt it'll be back this time.

Wow... I swore Royal Raceway had already been remade but apparently not, I kinda hope it's in too.  Must've seen a modded port of it on youtube or something.

MK7 was obviously rushed out the door, which is why it was lacking things as basic as single race. I've no doubt it'll be back this time.

It had retro studios in co dev. Even though it was semi rushed it is a great game

It was a good game but my gosh did it bore me quicker than any other mario kart games. I feel like if I get the game again, I'll just get bored of it again unlike mario kart Wii which I still play sometimes.

Funny how all my favorite mk7 levels made it on here except neon bowser city. From my mario kart 8 idea videos

Of all of the N64 courses that haven't returned in a Mario Kart title, I'm really hoping that they don't include the ridiculously boring N64 Rainbow Road(my least favorite RR). Unfortunately, if they plan on bringing back a previous Rainbow Road once again, the N64 stage would probably be that track.

Wario Stadium for MK8, Believe.

It's awesome to see such complex and creative track design with the new anti-gravity mechanic, hoping it'll be present within future Mario Kart games too.

Am I the only one excited to see what MK8's Rainbow Road is going to be like? Holy shit hurry up May!

Of all of the N64 courses that haven't returned in a Mario Kart title, I'm really hoping that they don't include the ridiculously boring N64 Rainbow Road(my least favorite RR). Unfortunately, if they plan on bringing back a previous Rainbow Road once again, the N64 stage would probably be that track.

But N64 Rainbow road is the only one that has an actual Short cut...which is really risky and really cheating.

N64 Rainbow Road is just everything no level in a game should be, yet alone a racing one. Featureless, boring, straight-forward, without challenge and looooooooooong. I wouldn't be opposed to the bringing it back with some serious enhancements, and probably as a 1 or 2 lap stage though.

• Thumbs Up 2

But N64 Rainbow road is the only one that has an actual Short cut...which is really risky and really cheating.

That was one amazing trick. Unfortunately, I never really nailed that trick on a consistent basis. 

Am I the only one excited to see what MK8's Rainbow Road is going to be like? Holy shit hurry up May!

Like this.

ibqmZpnvrjMghU.png

Edit: If Rainbow Raod 64 returns, I will accept a two lap course, and hopefully they'll remove the railings from the entire course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure I believe that Rainbow Road pic.

Though yeah, I hope if they do bring back MK64's Rainbow Road, they do something with it. It's too freaking easy.

N64 Rainbow Road was unexciting, unnecessarily long and monotonous to race. Yet the only thing I liked about that RR in particular was the music.

Anyway, if they ever bring back the N64 Rainbow Road for their Retro courses I seriously hope they add some major tweaks such as the anti-gravity to make it a bit more exciting.

I would love to be able to unlock an "extra " raindbow cup or something, maybe 2 considering this is the 8th Mario Kart and there are 8 rainbow roads, have all 8 previous RR's playable but split into 2 cups.

Of course that pic wasn't real. =(

I would love to be able to unlock an "extra " raindbow cup or something, maybe 2 considering this is the 8th Mario Kart and there are 8 rainbow roads, have all 8 previous RR's playable but split into 2 cups.

As long as those 8 RR tracks aren't part of the standard 32 tracks, I wouldn't mind. Otherwise, I would dislike it if a quarter of the tracks were past Rainbow Roads.

Another thing I would like is to remove the one way courses, which I find to be the worst courses of the game, especially the two Wuhu courses.

Canderson, I swear I'll fuck you up if you toy with my heart strings again.

jk ilu really <333

But yeah I want a long ass, complex track with lots of zero gravity sections for MK8 Rainbow Road, after all it IS is the final stage of the game, and what we've seen so far is fucking mind blowing, I hope Nintendo carry us all home with an unforgettable final track set in the stars!

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe the only reason MK64's Rainbow Road could actually be considered "boring" was how long it was. And believe me, it was looooooooooooooong. If I remember correctly, it's the largest Rainbow Road to date. Also, I think it's the largest track to appear in a Mario Kart game ever.

Hopefully if they do bring it back, I hope they manage to utilize the anti-gravity mechanic somehow. Maybe they can make the bottom of the track rideable. They'd really have to mix things up to make this track even more exciting. If they can make part of GBA Mario Circuit rise, then I'm curious to see what else they can do with flat tracks like the SNES ones.

If there's a track that I'd like to see return from 64, it'd have to be Royal Raceway or Yoshi Valley. Mostly Royal Raceway, as Yoshi Valley is a pain.

I am also very afraid of what this game's Rainbow Road would be. VERY afraid.

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe this rainbow road will be crazy, the tracks we've seen are super crazy and we still got more to go.

The ghost track and San Francisco track looks boring now. Compared to others, but I guess we gotta have some simple ones.

Edit: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/21/newegg-description-says-you-can-design-your-own-tracks-in-mario-kart-8/

Says we can design our own tracks. I want it to be so true but I highly doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here even considered the fact that tracks are now being retired from previous Mario Kart's?

SNES Rainbow Road just seems too much like a finale of all SNES tracks, especially with it being in the last position of the Retro courses. So, I expect we will find N64 Rainbow Road in here. After all, there's only five tracks left they can use. And that will become an issue with other games further down the MK releases.

And also, the San Fransisco track - Sonic Generations City Escape anyone?

Gamexplains analysis fan edition

Oh look dantemuatdie00 was mentioned

New screens on some courses we already know.

We get a nice view of the figure 8 stage, Mario Circuit.

mk8track5.png

mk8track6.png

mk8track8.png

mk8track7.png

mk8track4.pngmk8track9.png

mk8track10.png

I love how the Thwomp ruins level is almost the same type of level that I have predicted/wanted in my Mario Kart ideas video. I'm excited.

I'm probably saying a banality, but this is undeniably Sugar Rush.

Wreck-it Ralph confirmed for going Turbo in another racing game again?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm probably saying a banality, but this is undeniably Sugar Rush.

Candy Kong Confirmed!