Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Im just thankful this game bears no resemblance to Double Dash, it might actually be fun now.

Forgive this child, for he knows not of what he speaks.

Bullshot:

[image]

The screenshot doesn't look too nice by comparison.

Isn't that supposed to just be a piece of CG promotional art? That hardly qualifies as bullshot.

And for what it's worth, Mario Kart games all have huge levels and are meant to run at a solid 60fps in single player. The game's going to look way better in motion than in screens.

• Thumbs Up 9

I thought that this looked really nice. I haven't bought one of these since MK Wii, and I'm going to love getting stuck into this online with you guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im just thankful this game bears no resemblance to Double Dash, it might actually be fun now.

There was a track from DD in the trailer.

*opens thread*

*reads OP*

Mario Kart 8 will also bring back the bikes originally seen in Mario Kart Wii in addition to standard karts.

Mario Kart 8 will also bring back the bikes originally seen in Mario Kart Wii

will also bring back the bikes originally seen in Mario Kart Wii

bring back the bikes

bikes

I wonder what online is gonna look like...

mario_kart_wii_daisy_bike_by_tonytoad22-

• Thumbs Up 6

Goddamnit, Tornado. I love you sometimes. But yeah...I do fear that myself actually. Hopefully the Bikes are rebalanced, but whatever, I guess I can get use to Daisy Biking again.

*opens thread*

*reads OP*

Daisy Bike 8.

Funky Kong/Flame Runner master race.

Funky Kong/Flame Runner master race.

sf4onlineroster.jpg

Nix uses Sagat. This is also known as playing wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nix uses Sagat. This is also known as playing wrong.

If I'm playing wrong, then I don't want to know what it's like to be playing right.

As long as it doesn't punish you for winning as badly as Mario Kart Wii did, this looks like it could be an extremely solid game.

I don't mind Bikes returning, I just don't want the Bonus Stat advantage thing back. The reason why folks picked Daisy and Funky Kong so much was because they had extra Top speed Stats that made them way too damn fast whether they be in a Car or a Bike to the point of un-catchable  unless you yourself happen to be playing Daisy or Funky Kong.  The bonus stats thing was a terrible decision, and I hope they don't bring it back so that all characters have even stats based on their weight class plus the Car/Bike modifications ala MK 7.

ANYWAY, It's Retro track speculation time! With Dry Dry Desert, Music Park (Melody Motorway) and Piranha Plant Pipeway (Slide), that makes 3 Retro Tracks down.

Personally, I'm hopping the bring back Waluigi Pinball for a third time, only cause Waluigi himself wasn't in MK7 to enjoy it.

Other than that, hoping for Royal Raceway, Yoshi Valley, GC Sherbet Land, Shy Guy Bizarre, DS Mario Circuit and Wario Shipyard.

I'm fucking glad another kart racer has tackled Nitro Kart's Anti-Grav racing, and Mario Kart of all games! 

Can't wait for the inevitable Rainbow Road anti-grav gauntlet, oh man...

We'll probably see some Galaxy inspired track too that'll heavily use the ant-grav gimmick, because Space.

Wow, biking Daisy was a really good character?

I just picked her for the butt.

It's all about Biker Rosalina, my friend.

Speaking of which, she better be in this game. Ol' Rosie needs some more love.

• Thumbs Up 2

You kidding?  We don't need Rosalina, the Galaxy games are dead and gone psssh.

Well, except Queen Bee.  You just can't drop classic memorable characters like that.

(In all seriousness though I would love both Rosalina AND Lubba in the new game.  And ffs give us Captain Syrup or Jimmy T or Mona or SOMEONE from the Wario series if you're gonna spam us with DK characters again).

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, if this game doesn't have Royal Raceway or Yoshi Valley, I think I'm going to kill someone.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, except Queen Bee.  You just can't drop classic memorable characters like that.

LeftArrowUnderscoreLeftArrow_7175.png

Seriously, whoever thought putting her and Wiggler in Mario Kart 7 would be a good idea is an idiot.

Looks like they're taking the roster a bit more seriously this time though - they even called Waluigi and Toadette "fan favourites", so with any luck that means we'll be seeing characters that the players actually want rather than bonkers obscure nonsense. Leave that to Smash Bros, dammit.

You know, if this game doesn't have Royal Raceway or Yoshi Valley, I think I'm going to kill someone.

Still waiting on Wario Stadium too, and with bikes back, no time like the present.

It'd be amazing if this game has two sets of 5 cups or 6 cups instead of 4.  I'd even be fine with them bringing back favourite Retro tracks that have already appeared in Mario Kart DS onwards.  It's kind of a shame that every Mario Kart arbitrarily has 50% awesome retro tracks and 50% lame ones just to make sure they don't use all the awesome ones in one go, but it also means the awesome ones are all spread across several games that have been made irrelevant by their successors (namely DS to 7 and now Wii to 8).

I'd also love them forever if they remix the music on old tracks instead of playing them straight as usual.

Oh fuck can you guys even imagine how trippy Rainbow Road is gonna be this time?  I can't wait.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Frankly, I can live without Yoshi Valley making a reappearance here...

Rainbow Road + HD will be legit as shit once it comes around, and after seeing what a great job they did with the one in 7, there's no doubt that we'll be getting one amazing course.

Also, really liking how Piranha Plant Slide and Music Park are retro courses

• Thumbs Up 2