Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Yeah, some game reviewers got a new demo from Nintendo to play last week, including GameXplain, however their on embargo however till Wednesday/Thursday so they can't talk about the game till then.

Through from the rumors that have been surfacing around, Moo Moo Meadows from Wii and Toads Turnpike from 64 are rumored to be in, and I also hear that their are two brand new items introduced.

Don't take it with a grain a salt through, best wait till Thursday.

4 player grand prix sounds kind of like the best kind of clusterfuck.

Especially if you're actually trying to unlock something.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, some game reviewers got a new demo from Nintendo to play last week, including GameXplain, however their on embargo however till Wednesday/Thursday so they can't talk about the game till then.

Through from the rumors that have been surfacing around, Moo Moo Meadows from Wii and Toads Turnpike from 64 are rumored to be in, and I also hear that their are two brand new items introduced.

Don't take it with a grain a salt through, best wait till Thursday.

If they've got an embargo until Wednesday/Thursday, that'd imply Nintendo has a reason for doing so, and my bets are on a Nintendo Direct. They just want to break the news in the Nintendo Direct first before the previewers can show off their footage. Plus Thursday is usually when we see Nintendo Direct's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I hope Toad's Turnpike is in and it's not a rumour.

Fuuuuuck imagine the music for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqTzrXFWEU 

• Thumbs Up 3

Glad to know I am not the only one who loves N64 Toad's Turnpike (including the music). Better make a return to Mario Kart 8 if it's real!

• Thumbs Up 2

^I love Toad's Turnpike, so you're not alone. Screw Extra(Mirror Mode) of that track though.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck I hope Toad's Turnpike is in and it's not a rumour.

Fuuuuuck imagine the music for it

That and please bring back Royal Raceway(my favorite course in MK64)

Edit: inb4 delay til Fall 2014. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohh more news??? I missed that bit of news. Another trailer would be great. But I want some info this time. Like what kinda stuff could we expect online?

What kind of stuff we can do in Mario kart TV? Many stuff I wanna know.

Edit: fuck it the new trailer fucking killed it!!!! I'm hyped up.

-Lakitu

-Shy Guy

-Metal Mario

RAINBOW ROAD IN HD OGMGMGMGMGMGMGMGMMGMDGMDDGMDGMGMDGDM

KGKSGKGMSKGSGKSKG

KGFKGSK

as always, this game looks PHENOMENAL. '

ps: rainbow road from n64

• Thumbs Up 8

Metal Mario is back, another character slot taken, Rainbow Road 64 looks good, but hearing the original N64 race start and race won jingle makes me miss it.

Retro Tracks confirmed

Toad's Turnpike!!!

Moo Moo Meadows

DK Jungle

Mario Circuit?? - SNES? 

Rainbow Road 64

Cheep Cheep Beach

Music Park from MK7 apparently making a return?

Trying to hold in excitement because everyone is sleeping lol but MYYYYYYY GOD!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAA.

Hype!

Music park was shown in e3 trailer.

Wow. That trailer.

I'd guessed right about Moo Moo Meadows and Cheap Cheap Beach returning, but both guesses for N64 tracks other than Rainbow Road I failed on. And also on my hypothesis that tracks would be retired after Rainbow Road appeared.

Oh well, makes me want it more either way.

Metal Mario is back, another character slot taken

Nevermind that Metal Mario is literally a reskin of regular Mario that would've probably taken five minutes to pull off. His inclusion is basically an 'extra slot', considering the very little time that would've been taken to create him.

Anyhow, N64 Rainbow Road looks fantastic. Hell, the whole game looks utterly delicious.

It's still a character slot taken no matter how you look at it, I'm a fan of Metal Mario though so I'm ok with it, I'm still a little bummed out that the Koopalings are all their own characters though.

Anyhow, N64 Rainbow Road looks fantastic. Hell, the whole game looks utterly delicious.

iXpJn1qdARWuo.gif

iGLJevUz4uM3F.gif

You can say that again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I take it this is running at 60FPS 1080p?

Greg mentioned something that caught my interest, that it looks like you can turn items off.

Do we have confirmation on this? That's about the only thing I want from a Mario Kart game at this point.

I take it this is running at 60FPS 1080p?

Greg mentioned something that caught my interest, that it looks like you can turn items off.

Do we have confirmation on this? That's about the only thing I want from a Mario Kart game at this point.

Mario Kart 8 producer Hideki Konno reiterated what Yabuki said without sharing any specifics, stating, "We're going to have some rule customization for folks who want to be able to go in and set that up for themselves." But he also stressed that a lot of thought goes into what items are available to players by default.

"I think we're going to be able to answer that feeling of, 'I don't want to race with items.' Well, OK, then no items. Or, 'I only want to have bananas.' Well, OK. I think we're going to be able to provide a system to answer that desire this time around."

Possibly...

-Lakitu

-Shy Guy

-Metal Mario

Toadette is also a new addition to this game, isn't she? I don't recall seeing her in the past trailers.

She was there in e3 trailer.from gameplay footage that I've seen, it seems like blue shell doesn't effect you as much as MK7 and Wii did. Same with falling down a cliff, you are instantly picked up by lakitu.

It's times like these that make me sorry for the fact that Sweecrue's genius concept of Blue Shell Sonic Blue_Shell_Sonic_by_Sweecrue.jpg

is such a missed opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 1

This video preview from CVG confirms a new coin power-up which gives you 2 coins, re-confirms you can collect only a maximum of 10 coins per race, and that Toad Harbour has a Statue of Liberty Rosalina which I absolutely must see and/or have in my back garden!

But anyway... Toad's Turnpike? Royal Raceway? Rainbow Road 64? MOO MOO MEADOWS WITH AUTHENTIC FIDDLE?

This is shaping up to have one of the best selections of tracks to date. Shy Guy Falls looks absolutely insane too... going up and then down a waterfall? That's a-cuckoo crazy!

My only disappointment with all this is that the only new characters in this trailer are all just from Mario Kart 7... but hey, the more the merrier I guess, and it seems they've seen sense to at least give Honey Queen the boot, so it's all good really.

Oh is that Donut Plains 3 from Super Mario Kart? The retro tracks look absolutely stunning in this game, like whole new tracks entirely, I'm guessing they're all getting new remixes judging by that Rainbow Road 64 music in the trailer.

Super excited for this, I just hope we haven't seen everything already, I want a few surprises at least for when I play the game.