Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

So apparently there's two new items seen in some of the trailers/previews that Nintendo hasn't talked about yet...

MK8-Mysterious-Items.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225467-ign-two-more-mysterious-mario-kart-8-items

Is that... kinda like one of those light boxes or cannon thingies from 3D World? Looks more like an air horn to me, maybe it makes everyone around you spin out when you activate it? And I'm gonna guess the 8 power up does something similar to the 7 power up in Mario Kart 7.

That block thing looks like a horn, so maybe it's like the really loud horn power up like you suggested. I think the 8 is just what the 7 was in MK7, where you get loads of power ups at the same time.

Really excited for this though!

Also, we have new items!

1277545_612146735526731_1567279543_o.jpg

Game runs at 720p 60 FPS and when you have 4 player split-screen it's lower graphics and 30 FPS. The game is LOCKED at 60 FPS for 2 player or single player though, which is very impressive.

Still got the rest of April and finally May, not everything has been shown yet either as we still haven't seen this games Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road as well as at least one more track hasn't been seen yet, and still more Retro tracks. We haven't seen a single Snow track yet so I'm still praying for a new track based off of Homecoming Hjinx and either GC Sherbet Land, Rosalina's Iceworld, Vanilla lake or DK Summit getting in.

And likely still more characters cause some mainstrays still aren't present yet.

Oh shite it's Rainbow Road 64 it's gonna suck a--

*watches gameplay footage* .....

tumblr_muitjriCAe1shc3x3o1_500.gif

Seriously man, everything in this game looks gorgeous! Gahhhhh and we still have to wait so long!

Glad to see Lakitu is back too! Not so much Metal Mario though, ugh. I hope this doesn't mean the return of the bloody Honey Queen!

For the N64 Rainbow Road, I'd rather they cut that borefest down to two laps. Was a pain being on that track for 5 minutes.

For the N64 Rainbow Road, I'd rather they cut that borefest down to two laps. Was a pain being on that track for 5 minutes.

> N64 Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8

> borefest

Have you seen what they've done to that track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcpK0_f1whs

• Thumbs Up 6

That whole new trailer... with N64 Toad's Turnpike and N64 Rainbow Road making a return and both heavily improved; Lakitu and Metal Mario making a return from MK7; everything looking and running in glorious, gorgeous, stunning HD graphics...

o8QSm.gif

I. NEED. THIS. GAME. NAO! Why is the 30th May still so far away, dang it!? ;___;

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course it looks amazing now. I was simply stating that the original track was extremely boring. That's all.

Still think they should shorten it to two laps.

That whole new trailer... with N64 Toad's Turnpike and N64 Rainbow Road making a return and both heavily improved; Lakitu and Metal Mario making a return from MK7; everything looking and running in glorious, gorgeous, stunning HD graphics...

o8QSm.gif

I. NEED. THIS. GAME. NAO! Why is the 30th May still so far away, dang it!? ;___;

What? Metal Mario? Damnit, where?! I don't mind Lakitu too much, but Metal Mario still pisses me off.

Of course it looks amazing now. I was simply stating that the original track was extremely boring. That's all.

Still think they should shorten it to two laps.

Did you not catch the fact that they made it ONE lap? They added two checkpoints throughout the course; each checkpoint is marked as a lap. Its still three "laps," but the full course comes up to three laps when you go all the way around.

This is the sort of language that destroys friendships.

• Thumbs Up 5

So we now have 27 characters. Mii is probably going to be playable, that would be 28. The only NEW characters are the Koopalings, and at least a decent amount of useless characters were removed, but Diddy Kong is still absent. I really was hoping to see Diddy and Dixie in this game... -_- E. Gadd would've been nice, too.

At least its a decent roster. I can't believe they brought back Metal Mario, though.

Performing the blasphemy that is cutting Rainbow Road 64's length down to a single lap is easily the most criminal and depressing thing I ever had the misfortune to witness in my time in the video game medium.

I demand that the developers explain themselves. Or at least include the option to increase lap length like with Super Circuit.

So is the N64 Rainbow Road going to be the actual Rainbow road for MK8, or just the retro one?

Baby_Luigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

Proof that it is no longer the Year of Luigi. :(

New artwork (spoiler'd for size):

Baby_Luigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

640px-mariokartds2.large.jpg

Some things never change.

• Thumbs Up 7

So is the N64 Rainbow Road going to be the actual Rainbow road for MK8, or just the retro one?

Proof that it is no longer the Year of Luigi. sad.png

Its the Retro one. They haven't announced all the stages yet; so far there's still 6 stages left to be announced, 3 retro and 3 new.

GameExplain does show that N64 Rainbow Road is from Lightning Cup.

EDIT: Luigi SERIOUSLY has a VACUUM car? Wow...

Oh wow the context of "some thing never change" is totally lost on me considering adult Luigi's gooper blooper happened before baby Luigi's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a vacuum car, to be accurate. tongue.png That's the Poltergust 4000 from Mario Kart DS. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it returned or was replaced by a new vacuum car in MK8.

So is Mario Kart TV basically a theatre mode? That's pretty cool.

It's a mode where you can edit your replays and share them on Miiverse. Basically making your own versions of all the dramatic effects seen in the trailers, with slomo and zooming in on different characters, etc.

It's a mode where you can edit your replays and share them on Miiverse. Basically making your own versions of all the dramatic effects seen in the trailers, with slomo and zooming in on different characters, etc.

5a3a82_1972885.jpg

Wait, so does this mean video sharing will be a possibility on Miiverse? That's a really cool feature though.

Wait, so does this mean video sharing will be a possibility on Miiverse?

We don't quite know exactly how it will all work yet because Nintendo have remained very tight-lipped on the subject, but it's through Miiverse in some shape or form, whether that means directly uploading videos to it or otherwise.

Did you not catch the fact that they made it ONE lap? They added two checkpoints throughout the course; each checkpoint is marked as a lap. Its still three "laps," but the full course comes up to three laps when you go all the way around.

Oh wow, I didn't notice that actually. Thanks for letting me know.

That's excellent news.

This is the sort of language that destroys friendships.

Then, I'll be glad to destroy more friendships. =D

This car was Luigi's Default from Mario Kart DS...

Had a vacuum car, to be accurate. tongue.png That's the Poltergust 4000 from Mario Kart DS. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it returned or was replaced by a new vacuum car in MK8.

We'll get a look at Luigi's new ride...the Poltergust 6000, for an even better time capturing ghost on the go.