Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Yoshi Valley 64 and Sherbet Land GCN have been confirmed btw. Their names appear on the departure boards in Sunshine Airport which has been used to confirm the names of other tracks in the past.

Yoshi Valley 64 and Sherbet Land GCN have been confirmed btw. Their names appear on the departure boards in Sunshine Airport which has been used to confirm the names of other tracks in the past.

*Gasm'd* Your lying!!!!! Which video do you see it?

Can't wait to see their remakes. But that means only Two Wii tracks? No toads factory, DK summit? Oh well.

Are we sure that it's the Gamecube version?

Yeah it's the GameCube version, well I assume so anyway seeing as the 64 version was already in Wii and we already have 4 MK64 tracks.

I'm so fucking excited to see what they've done with Yoshi Valley, it's one of the series more unique tracks, I hope they've done it justice.

That leaves only 1 retro track to go, I really hope it's Cheese Land, space tracks look so pretty in HD.

• Thumbs Up 1

The N64 version was already used in MKWii so it has to be GCN version unless they got sherbet land on SNES.

I'm going for toads factory for that last retro stage.

Well, they already used the N64 version for Mario Kart Wii and they don't seem to want to re-remake tracks so soon, so yeah, it's almost certainly that one.

The Wii's Classic Pro Controller is going to be supported with this game, right?

Only I don't want to be picking one up for the classic games to realise I won't be able to use it with MK8.

I've looked up a list of games that use it, and it seems most that use the Pro Controller do, but I'm still not sure.

Toad's Turnpike and Royal Raceway are some of my favorite stages in the N64 game, so I'm very glad they're both here! N64 Rainbow Road looks great as well. This is shaping up to be a day-1 purchase for me, it looks fantastic.

If CCP is supported, I might just buy an NGC to Wiimote adapter. They're not that much money actually.

So are we going to have an official SSMB tourney when the game comes out? I'm in for sure. Not that I'll be that good, but still, it'll be good fun. :)

Yes, they're returning. I believe there is an SSMB one for 7, but it's apparently dead in terms of activity and I can't find the code for it.

New trailer has finally kicked up my hype to excited levels. Looking forward to picking this up come May.

Ever since the Koopalings trailer, I've been trying to split all of the characters into their most likely weight classes, because I figure that would make it easier to predict what other characters we can expect to see in the game.  I'm taking for granted that they're using the weight class set up from Mario Kart 7.  This is what I've got so far.

Super Light

-Toad

-Toadette

-Koopa Troopa

-Lakitu

-Shy Guy

-Baby Mario

-Baby Luigi

-Baby Peach

-Baby Daisy

Light

-Peach

-Daisy

-Yoshi

Medium

-Mario

-Luigi

Heavy

-Donkey Kong

-Waluigi

-Rosalina

Super Heavy

-Bowser

-Wario

-Metal Mario

I put everyone who appeared in Mario Kart 7 into their appropriate categories, and I made some educated guesses.  Toadette could only be the same as Toad or lighter, Waluigi would probably follow the same logic as Rosalina, and the babies don't seem like they would fit anywhere else. 

The only characters I haven't put in yet are the Koopalings, because there's very little evidence to suggest where they would go.  Morton and Roy seem like they would obviously be Super Heavy, but I'm not terribly sure about any of the others.  So I held off on placing them.

Going by Mario Kart 7's example, we're not necessarily going to have the same number of racers in every class, but the direct opposites will probably be even, like Super Light will probably be equal to Super Heavy, for example.

I figured I would share this with everyone and hopefully kick up some interesting speculation.

Lemmy Koopa would definitely be the lightest of the seven, and Morton Koopa Jr. would be the heaviest. If the classes are based purely on height, then Iggy might be above Morton, due to being the lankiest.

If I had to make a list, assuming they want to place the Koopalings in all five of the categories:

Super Light

Lemmy

Light

Larry

Wendy

Heavy

Ludwig

Iggy

Super Heavy

Roy

Morton

Though, I can't help but feel that Ludwig could break the "Mario Bros. only" rule and join the Medium class, if only to reflect his place as the oldest and the most skilled of the seven. Ludwig being Medium could also form a sequential pattern of 1-2-1-2-1 in the number Koopalings per category, and Roy could join Iggy to complete the pattern, albeit a very heavy "Heavy: character. That would also set up a pattern with the Koopas in general - Morton joins Bowser in the Super Heavy class, and Lemmy joins Koopa Troopa in Super Light.

Yeah. It does look that improved, as do all the tracks. But since every iteration of Mario Kart has a Rainbow Road, you could be fooled that this was the new one.

If it wasn't so blatantly obvious from the video in question.

Its pretty obvious...the giant dip in the road at the beginning, the chain chomps, the long circle drift section...those are pretty big tip offs.

Wait, so they mostly revealed a bunch of retro tracks today? Pfft, boring. 

Let's go look at the foota-

iXpJn1qdARWuo.gif

200_s.gif

goddamn incredible

I'm not usually much of a graphics nut but this might be one of the best looking games i've seen

The gameplay seems to have had noticable fucking improvements to go along with it

in between this and 3D World Mario is finally fucking back and i love it

• Thumbs Up 8

Why is Rosalina in the heavy class again?

She's one of the tallest characters in the series

Interesting to know that nintendos actually given some serious thoughts to balance this (honestly the blue shells not flipping you into the air would've been the only thing I needed) though the gravity mechanic still seems more of an aesthetic than a gameplay feature though, might just think about getting this one at some point, would be the first mario kart ive gotten since double dash at the least.

She's one of the tallest characters in the series

I was expecting a "dat ass" joke or something but this makes sense I guess.

Why is Rosalina in the heavy class again?

Shhhh...she's sensitive about her weight!

• Thumbs Up 2