Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

If that's the final count, they could easily fill in those slots with just a few returning characters. Diddy, Dry Bones, and someone else, perhaps Funky Kong. I personally don't think Funky would be back, but meh, who knows?

Its possible there are additional characters, but I'm not going to bet on it. We'll see if new ones are revealed, and I certainly hope that the Koopalings aren't the only "new" characters to Mario Kart.

Well granted that Kamek was revealed as a playable character in Mario Party 9 and again in the new Mario Golf: World Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally made it onto the racetrack after being nixed in MK64. That would be a neat little callback.

My predictions:

Birdo

Diddy

Kamek

Petey in some form or shape

Same with King Boo

Cranky

K.Rool (oh god let this be a Superstars Baseball situation again for him.)

E. Gadd ( perhaps he will be in this time, especially with Dark Moon.)

(wish) Pauline, Mona and/or Captain Syrup.

Well granted that Kamek was revealed as a playable character in Mario Party 9 and again in the new Mario Golf: World Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if he finally made it onto the racetrack after being nixed in MK64. That would be a neat little callback.

My predictions:

Birdo

Diddy

Kamek

Petey in some form or shape

Same with King Boo

Cranky

K.Rool (oh god let this be a Superstars Baseball situation again for him.)

E. Gadd ( perhaps he will be in this time, especially with Dark Moon.)

(wish) Pauline, Mona and/or Captain Syrup.

Dixie would make it in over Cranky, but thinking it over Cranky would have a better shot than Funky. Personally I didn't care for Petey Piranha and could care less if he's back, I'd rather have Cranky over him.

E. Gadd and Kamek both need to be in this game, though.

Bum-ba-dum-bum.

asd.png

You're looking at what might be the artwork for a Mario Kart 8/Wii U Premium bundle slated for release in Europe on May 30th. No official word from Nintendo at this time, but the rumored bundle is said to include a deluxe Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and a free week-long trial for Wii Karaoke U.

You can bet if this is coming to Europe in May, you can bet an American version isn't going to be far behind.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I had a couple thoughts regarding the roster I wanted to share, first I think I'll start with the linked demo roster:

I dont think thats the full roster, heck I dont even think those are 3 hidden characters, we still have a month and a half left to release, and Nintendo has 2-3 more events they have planned, along with more than likely a 20 minute direct next month, So what do you do with a build you plan to show again before release, but also before that direct? have 3 question marks, that you can remove and replace with 3 more Characters to reveal before launch! so those three will proably be revealed within a month, prior to release, however there are more than likely at LEAST one more row of characters, if not two

Now, in regards to the over all roster, I think we are under-estimated what might be left, I think we should expect the unexpected, and you know why? Nintendo is really pushing this to be one of the best mario karts ever, and are doing their best to include a cast that is varied, and full of unique personalites. Thats why, for the first time in 8 games, all the kooplings, one of the older, and more iconic group of bosses from the series, are playable, they have a significant contribution to Mario's history

Now on a final note, regarding characters I think could get in, I would not be surprised if they were waiting for the last minute to do some major reveals, and I would not be surprised if each of the mario subseries got 1-3(or even 4) reps apeice, for example, I wouldnt be surprised if a Wario Land/Ware character made the roster, I would personaly count Kamek and Bowser Jr personaly as Yoshi, not mario reps since they are tightly bonded, just like Luigi, E.Gad, and King Boo. Now in regards to DK, I wouldnt be surprised if he got 3-4, I mean he is a major mario spinoff, and he has had a rep previously, my guess would proably be Diddy, K.Rool(this could easily be another Super Sluggers situation, and would add a unique villian), and either Funky or Dixie, depending on their weight needs, and if they wanted another female rep

So ya, those are my thoughts, if you guys have counter thoughts, or additional thoughts, I'm always open to hearing others' opinions

So, I had a couple thoughts regarding the roster I wanted to share, first I think I'll start with the linked demo roster:

I dont think thats the full roster, heck I dont even think those are 3 hidden characters, we still have a month and a half left to release, and Nintendo has 2-3 more events they have planned, along with more than likely a 20 minute direct next month, So what do you do with a build you plan to show again before release, but also before that direct? have 3 question marks, that you can remove and replace with 3 more Characters to reveal before launch! so those three will proably be revealed within a month, prior to release, however there are more than likely at LEAST one more row of characters, if not two

Now, in regards to the over all roster, I think we are under-estimated what might be left, I think we should expect the unexpected, and you know why? Nintendo is really pushing this to be one of the best mario karts ever, and are doing their best to include a cast that is varied, and full of unique personalites. Thats why, for the first time in 8 games, all the kooplings, one of the older, and more iconic group of bosses from the series, are playable, they have a significant contribution to Mario's history

Now on a final note, regarding characters I think could get in, I would not be surprised if they were waiting for the last minute to do some major reveals, and I would not be surprised if each of the mario subseries got 1-3(or even 4) reps apeice, for example, I wouldnt be surprised if a Wario Land/Ware character made the roster, I would personaly count Kamek and Bowser Jr personaly as Yoshi, not mario reps since they are tightly bonded, just like Luigi, E.Gad, and King Boo. Now in regards to DK, I wouldnt be surprised if he got 3-4, I mean he is a major mario spinoff, and he has had a rep previously, my guess would proably be Diddy, K.Rool(this could easily be another Super Sluggers situation, and would add a unique villian), and either Funky or Dixie, depending on their weight needs, and if they wanted another female rep

So ya, those are my thoughts, if you guys have counter thoughts, or additional thoughts, I'm always open to hearing others' opinions

Bowser Jr. isn't a Yoshi character, Baby Bowser is. There is a difference. Frankly I think Dixie is a shoe-in for a third DK character and due to people hating Funky's appearance in the prior game, they might replace him with Cranky due to Cranky getting some love.

I'd love to see some WarioWare characters as well. At least Mona or Ashley. I think we're thinking things too deeply, though. We should get Kamek, King Boo, E. Gadd, Dixie, and maybe K. Rool to fill in some of the sub-franchises. I would love to see Mona or Ashley from WarioWare, as well, to add more to that sub-franchise (if we get a WarioWare character, probably would be one; Waluigi seems to be counted as a WarioWare character now if Smash is anything to go by).

So, two per sub-franchise. E. Gadd new for the Luigi sub-franchise (with King Boo coming back), Kamek for Yoshi. And Baby Mario/Luigi are from the Yoshi sub-franchise as well, maybe even the other babies would count. Waluigi for WarioWare, perhaps Mona or Ashley, and even Dixie and K. Rool (with Diddy coming back).

I think its stretching things, I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'd LOVE it if this was the case.

• Thumbs Up 2

Say, can I just point out that I LOVE this games attention to detail? I mean I just noticed something that has been around since the first trailer, and that is that all the common, and most karts for that matter have a unique color scheme for each driver, and has their own unique logo as well, makes you wonder if you might be able to choose the color as well, which would be pretty cool

Say, can I just point out that I LOVE this games attention to detail? I mean I just noticed something that has been around since the first trailer, and that is that all the common, and most karts for that matter have a unique color scheme for each driver, and has their own unique logo as well, makes you wonder if you might be able to choose the color as well, which would be pretty cool

The "Color scheme for each driver" thing has been in the series since Mario Kart Wii.

The "Color scheme for each driver" thing has been in the series since Mario Kart Wii.

hunh, that explains it, only games I've really played are 64 and DS, and DD once, never had any extensive time with wii(couldnt stand the controls)

Also, here's a thought, what if MK8's roster is bigger than we think, and has 6-12 more characters, and what if they took a super sluggers direction? now hear me out, this mainly applies to primary characters, not minions, but look at this. Almost every unique character that was in SS is in MK8, these characters already have base models, and wouldnt be hard to update as well, and it would result in a unique roster, and they are:

Diddie, Dixie, Tiny, Funky(who was in wii), K.Rool, Toadsworth(take him or leave him), and bowser jr(again could care less). oh and Baby DK, but just ignore him.

There is a precendent for a variety of DK semi-major characters showing up in a mario spinoff, who says they couldnt show up here? and it would be another koopalings situation but with Kongs, where there is a variety of fans, and they would all need to be announced at the same time to make the biggest effect, and could result in a major hype boost right before release, and add another row to the chart that would have been hidden previously

or at least, thats my thoughts

Here's my prediction for the remaining MK8 roster (if it's seriously going to be nine more characters to reveal, although I think I might doubt it):

Diddy Kong

Dixie Kong

Cranky Kong

Bowser Jr.

Professor E.Gadd

King Boo

King K. Rool

Kamek

Pauline (maybe...)

I really don't know who to expect in the roster though, although I wouldn't be surprised if most of them made it in.

Hmmm thinking it a bit further, if we were to get a full 6 person row of DK reps, I could see it being determined by weight classes, and I also dont see Cranky getting in over another kong

lighter-Dixie

Light-Diddie

Medium-Tiny(she is what I would call part of the diddie kong racing trio with Dixie and Diddy, due to the newer one, is a relatively recurring Kong as well, and would add another interesting face to the roster)

Heavy-Funky(despite the hatred he does have the advantadge of being a recurring character from the last console wii)

Ultra Heavy-K.Rool

(Funky and K.Rool could be switched)

and that would be a good way to balance a full row of DK reps that provides diversity, and doesnt cause any weight gaps

Hmmm thinking it a bit further, if we were to get a full 6 person row of DK reps, I could see it being determined by weight classes, and I also dont see Cranky getting in over another kong

lighter-Dixie

Light-Diddie

Medium-Tiny(she is what I would call part of the diddie kong racing trio with Dixie and Diddy, due to the newer one, is a relatively recurring Kong as well, and would add another interesting face to the roster)

Heavy-Funky(despite the hatred he does have the advantadge of being a recurring character from the last console wii)

Ultra Heavy-K.Rool

(Funky and K.Rool could be switched)

and that would be a good way to balance a full row of DK reps that provides diversity, and doesnt cause any weight gaps

Oh, okay then. I forgot about the weight balancing for a bit there. tongue.png

EDITED: 100th Post!

Edited by Electro Pipe

Admittedly, there is no reason to expect this, but I could see us getting a 37 character roster, and the fact is they have the resources, and the time if they want to, they could even bump it up to 43(note I am including the mii). the thing is that I would see them doing 1 or 2 more group reveals, and do them prior to release and keep the odd 3 hidden. possible groups I think are a possibility are:

Villians(note  this one is on the more unlikely side of the scale): K.Rool, Wart, King Boo, and Tatanga(the dude who kidnapped Daisy, was also in the game where wario stole mario's castle, and does keep getting mentioned in Daisy related material; oh and he was the first alien villian); oh and you could add a paper mario villian or two, but thats even more unlikely

Kongs: Diddie, Dixie, Funky, Cranky, and Tiny (I kinda count cranky kinda low since the other four have had a much higher crossover rate)

Paper Mario friends(EXTREMELY Unlikely): mix of allies from the original 2 games, in full 3D, like parakarry or admiral boberty, or that female goomba archeoligist; main reason I even  bring this one up is because this is one of the few mario series full of diverse and interesting characters

Admittedly, there is no reason to expect this, but I could see us getting a 37 character roster, and the fact is they have the resources, and the time if they want to, they could even bump it up to 43(note I am including the mii). the thing is that I would see them doing 1 or 2 more group reveals, and do them prior to release and keep the odd 3 hidden. possible groups I think are a possibility are:

Villians(note  this one is on the more unlikely side of the scale): K.Rool, Wart, King Boo, and Tatanga(the dude who kidnapped Daisy, was also in the game where wario stole mario's castle, and does keep getting mentioned in Daisy related material; oh and he was the first alien villian); oh and you could add a paper mario villian or two, but thats even more unlikely

Kongs: Diddie, Dixie, Funky, Cranky, and Tiny (I kinda count cranky kinda low since the other four have had a much higher crossover rate)

Paper Mario friends(EXTREMELY Unlikely): mix of allies from the original 2 games, in full 3D, like parakarry or admiral boberty, or that female goomba archeoligist; main reason I even  bring this one up is because this is one of the few mario series full of diverse and interesting characters

I don't think they'd add nearly so many Kongs... If they do have a 40+ roster, yeah, I could see them adding a lot of Kongs, but frankly I do not anticipate more than 37 characters (37 counting Mii of course). Its questionable we'd even get that.

As for villains... King Boo and King K. Rool I can see likely, but honestly, I think the next choice after that would be Kamek. Maybe they might reference other sub-series such as the RPG's, in which case Fawful. Highly questionable, but Fawful and Kamek would be far more likely than Wart and Tatanga, who haven't appeared in forever.

I dunno, I can't seem them adding LOADS of Kongs, i mean it is MARIO Kart after all. DK is acceptable because Mario originated from the original DK. Diddy, well I can't really see a reason for him to be there besides popularity, has Diddy ever met mario out of sports or kart games? Funky i saw no reason for him to be in Wii, i thought it was very strange. They might add another, like Dixie or Cranky I guess.

i'd much rather have more mario characters like E. Gadd or kamek. If they want to add loads then they should make a Super Smash Kart with loads of Nintendo characters. If there are loads of Kongs, i won't complain, I just don't see the point, especially when most of them arent from mario games. I only really play as Luigi anyway

I dunno, I can't seem them adding LOADS of Kongs, i mean it is MARIO Kart after all. DK is acceptable because Mario originated from the original DK. Diddy, well I can't really see a reason for him to be there besides popularity, has Diddy ever met mario out of sports or kart games? Funky i saw no reason for him to be in Wii, i thought it was very strange. They might add another, like Dixie or Cranky I guess.

i'd much rather have more mario characters like E. Gadd or kamek. If they want to add loads then they should make a Super Smash Kart with loads of Nintendo characters. If there are loads of Kongs, i won't complain, I just don't see the point, especially when most of them arent from mario games. I only really play as Luigi anyway

I can see 3-4 Kongs and 4-5 DK characters. I'd like them to focus on adding a lot of spinoff Mario characters such as Kamek, E. Gadd, and maybe even a character from the Mario RPG's (Fawful would be my suggestion).

Dixie should've gotten into Wii over Funky Kong, and she should still get into this over Funky Kong as well. If they keep him and add Dixie, that's the 3-4 Kongs, 4-5 DK characters being if they keep Funky, add Dixie, and add King K. Rool. I can't see them doing that, though, most people hated Funky's addition to Mario Kart Wii, so I think its more likely they'd replace Funky with Dixie instead and maybe add K. Rool, that's about it.

Mario spinoffs definitely need some reps other than DK, though. In addition to my above three suggestions (Kamek, E. Gadd, Fawful), I'm also thinking maybe 1-2 WarioWare characters.

Kamek technically started off as a Mario spinoff character (debuting in Yoshi's Island), but it is debatable since he's been in other non-Yoshi games. E. Gadd has appeared a couple of times outside Luigi games, but not often. King Boo, being Luigi's main antagonist, should also return.

Does this game have an exact release date yet? I know in May, but like...a specific day?

Does this game have an exact release date yet? I know in May, but like...a specific day?

The 30th actualy, wish it was coming sooner though

Yeah, it kind of sucks that it's the very end of the month. If you're a 3DS owner you at least have Kirby or Mario Golf to keep you occupied, but it was another significant drought.

I bought MK7 not long ago, Community games are the best thing ever happen on this game.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

The 30th? Really Nintendo? They might as well of just said June instead of May...

Ladies and gentlemen, it's official...

Bl-2PLfIQAEaxNc.png

The "Mario Kart 8 Premium Pack - Special Edition" Wii U bundle is hitting stores on 30th May! Surely, this has got to shift a few consoles...!

I think this has only been confirmed for UK/Europe so far but Nintendo would be bonkers not to release this elsewhere. If Mario Kart 8 really takes off then this is bound to be a big seller.

EDIT: Oh go on then, have a trailer for this new edition too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzaSC0uUPF0

And as if that's not enough, Nintendo's UK Online Store is once again offering insanely awesome bundles - are you Team Mario or Team Luigi?

10947202-1398336937-380257.jpg

10947203-1398336944-711916.jpg

£300 gets you the Mario Kart 8 Wii U Premium pack with Mario Kart 8, plus a Wii U Mario or Luigi red/green wheel, Mario or Luigi Wii U GamePad protector, Mario or Luigi hat, a Mario or Luigi Wii Remote Plus and a Mario Kart 8 game guide. Excellent value!

The RRP for the Wii U bundle alone is £249.99.

EDIT 2: The bundle has been confirmed for Australia.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok seriously how come this awesome stuff never comes to the US? It's starting to annoy me that Nintendo are giving Europe and Japan better stuff while NA doesn't and I'm pretty sure that where a majority of their consumer base is

Ok seriously how come this awesome stuff never comes to the US? It's starting to annoy me that Nintendo are giving Europe and Japan better stuff while NA doesn't and I'm pretty sure that where a majority of their consumer base is

It's especially weird when you remember the Wii U is deader than dead in Europe. Guess they're trying to reignite interest or something.