Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Ya, I mean we arent even getting a measly key chain for pre-ordering right now :(  oh well least the game is good

I don't know how you can say that honestly, because Club Nintendo in America is far better than it is here, a better system for the Star Catalogue and you can download classic Gameboy/Colour/Advance games with your coins and stuff.

Your prizes are much better too, check out that Luigi's Mansion 2 Diorama that isn't on our Club Nintendo, I think it's a little fair that we have a slightly better Nintendo Store with a few things you guys won't be getting, since we've missed out on a ton of stuff.

Hell, I even had to ask Solkia to import a fucking Princess Peach notepad I wanted that wasn't on our club Nintendo.

It still sucks for you guys, but I'm sure you'll be getting something to make up for it, Nintendo America are always fashionably late for you guys.

Your prizes are much better too, check out that Luigi's Mansion 2 Diorama that isn't on our Club Nintendo, I think it's a little fair that we have a slightly better Nintendo Store with a few things you guys won't be getting, since we've missed out on a ton of stuff.

The Luigi's Mansion 2 diorama has actually been on the European Club Nintendo twice now, it's just sold out very quickly both times. I managed to snag one myself during the second run, so I can vouch for its existence :P

But yeah, on the whole, the US Club Nintendo seems to be far better value in terms of gifts.

Ya you gotta point

So on another point, Who do you guys hope will get into the game? I have heard of some people hoping for Nabbit, but I kinda hope not (and add to that I have this own personal theory he is really Bowser Jr in disguise rebelling against his dad for not letting him participate, I mean the have the same Neckercheif thing). Personaly I can think of a dozen or so characters, from DK Jr to Parakarry to K.Rool that would all be fun and wacky additions(and DK Jr would be an awesome legacy character, much better than say baby DK)

Also think we got a MK8 direct coming up in 2 weeks to get people hyped for release, and I think we could see another group character reveal like the koopalings(I could see Legacy, Kongs, or villians happening)

I was hoping we'd have gotten Shadow Mario from Sunshine if we were getting a Metal Mario deal again, shame Nintendo stuck with Metal Mario who is basically the same character using an item, that's like them adding Tanooki Mario because he's in a Tanooki suit, at least Shadow Mario is Bowser Jr in disguise *grumble*

I'm actually not so hot on the roster currently, I feel like the Koopalings are a pointless addition, especially with so many spots taken for them, and now Metal Mario is confirmed to be returning, this is possibly the weakest roster so far for me. But I'm not too bothered since all I ever use is Peach, Mario and Luigi any way.

This wait is killing me though, I want this game so bad, I've splashed loads out of accessories for it and my family/friends to play multiplayer, and I think I'm going to have to strangle Doctor MK for posting about those Wii Pad covers and the Peach Wii Mote because I'll be adding them to my list now too >:I

I have heard of some people hoping for Nabbit, but I kinda hope not (and add to that I have this own personal theory he is really Bowser Jr in disguise rebelling against his dad for not letting him participate, I mean the have the same Neckercheif thing).

I would love to see Nabbit in this game, he's a great quirky new addition to the Mario universe and he deserves all the attention he can get. Seeing as he's made it into Mario Golf now as a DLC character, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the race track as well.

Although I do have to point out that in New Super Luigi U you can play as Nabbit in the final fight against Bowser and Bowser Jr... so unless there's been a bit of a switcheroo going on there, I'm afraid your Bowser Jr = Nabbit theory might not be entirely solid :P

This wait is killing me though, I want this game so bad, I've splashed loads out of accessories for it and my family/friends to play multiplayer, and I think I'm going to have to strangle Doctor MK for posting about those Wii Pad covers and the Peach Wii Mote because I'll be adding them to my list now too >:I

Brb running for the hills

How much are the Gamepad skins? I need the Luigi one!

£17.99 each from the Nintendo UK Online Store. Here's the links for anyone wanting to pre-order (they're released 30th May):

Mario: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-accessories/wii-u-gamepad-protector-mario/10944311.html

Luigi: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-accessories/wii-u-gamepad-protector-luigi/10944313.html

The covers do look nice, I'll admit that.

But, in the case of the Mario Golf DLC being recently confirmed, what do you guys think the chances are for Mario Kart 8 DLC? And if it did have it, what would you want out of it?

I'll admit, the roster of characters does look a bit half-n-half in terms of likeability, and they are teasing tracks that I feasably don't think will be in the main game if we're following tradition of four tracks from the latest two, what what if there were differently styled tracks packs with a character thrown in? Although if this did happen, it'd have to be more reasonably priced than, I think it's five pound... for the Mario Golf courses.

The covers do look nice, I'll admit that.

But, in the case of the Mario Golf DLC being recently confirmed, what do you guys think the chances are for Mario Kart 8 DLC? And if it did have it, what would you want out of it?

I'll admit, the roster of characters does look a bit half-n-half in terms of likeability, and they are teasing tracks that I feasably don't think will be in the main game if we're following tradition of four tracks from the latest two, what what if there were differently styled tracks packs with a character thrown in? Although if this did happen, it'd have to be more reasonably priced than, I think it's five pound... for the Mario Golf courses.

the Mario golf dlc doubles the content for half the price, bringing the total to a normal retail price, its more than reasonable, specialy considered the game was delayed

I could see DLC character and track packs happening, but with multiple characters to a pack, but not until July at the earliest, I think this is something they would release over the years since MK is an evergreen title that happens once per a gen, but again it wont be announced till at least E3

Honestly I don't really know who I want in Mario Kart since I usually play as the babies, Mario, luigi, Rosalina, diddy and waluigi. I think Id say Id like for DK Jr. to return just for the heck of it we haven't seen him in a game since Mario Tennis for the N64, Kamek since he's was originally going to be in MK 64 but was replace for I think Wario and DK(granted I'd take these two over him anyday), Boom Boom since Nintendo really loves bringing him back in the platformers lately and professor E.Gadd and maybe hammer bro

If I had to say which newcomers I'd like to see (or at least expect based on recent trends)... I'd say Nabbit for his NSLU/Mario Golf playable appearances, Kamek because of Yoshi's New Island and Mario Golf (and also MK8 appears to be getting a lot of MK64 love which Kamek was originally meant to be in), Professor E. Gadd because of Luigi's Mansion, and probably Boom Boom/Pom Pom due to their recurring nature in 3D Land/3D World. Although personally I think we've got enough Bowser baddies in the game now thanks to the Koopalings. Bowser Jr would be the only real exception I'd actually want to see.

Honestly, I don't want to see any new Donkey Kong characters in this game, aside from maybe Diddy Kong. Having Funky Kong in Mario Kart Wii just felt... kinda wrong, seeing as he's purely a Donkey Kong Country character rather than having ever appeared in anything Mario related before, aside from Mario Super Sluggers, but based on the roster that was basically Mario & Donkey Kong Super Sluggers anyway. I know the same could be said of Diddy Kong, but he gets a free pass for being DK's partner in Double Dash. Plus he wears a Nintendo hat. Nintendo hats are cool. I'd let Dixie or Cranky slide at a push, but I really wouldn't want to see K. Rool or the Kremlins. Let them reappear in their own series first before they start stealing the spotlight that other "purer" Mario characters could be getting.

• Thumbs Up 1

the Mario golf dlc doubles the content for half the price, bringing the total to a normal retail price, its more than reasonable, specialy considered the game was delayed

I could see DLC character and track packs happening, but with multiple characters to a pack, but not until July at the earliest, I think this is something they would release over the years since MK is an evergreen title that happens once per a gen, but again it wont be announced till at least E3

Well, £28 for the full game with £10 or £11 for the extra content, I can see that as being fair. I've just been paying too much attention to the news without thinking about it.

And I too would expect the announcement to come at E3. Doing another day-one DLC would have the journalists saying Nintendo's finally caved in to modern expectations or something.

I say DK Jr has a chance as a legacy character, same with ROB; Personaly I wouldnt mind Funky back, and K.Rool and him both showed up in Super sluggers, so they both do have precedence, and I think they would be fine

and purer? whats the fun in back, sure there are a decent amount of mario characters I would like to see too, specialy a few that havent shown up in a while, like Wart, Tatanga, DK Jr, Stanley, and several others, but that doesnt mean a few DK characters shouldnt show up either, he was the title of the game mario showed up in, and he deserves a few more characters from his side of the jungle.... I also wouldnt mind some Wario Ware/Land characters showing up either

The Koopalings are pretty cool I can see Ludwig would be my favourite Koopaling because he always had the most interesting boss fights the three of the NSMB series and actually gave out some challenge than the others but obviously its easy once you know what to do. Plus his hair is cool.

Im still wondering why Bowser jr. isn't announced yet.

Anyways, obviously still excited for this game, Cant wait to see how Rainbow road and Bowser's castle look like, from the courses we seen those two tracks should overcome them all.

Anyone have a favourite rainbow road and bowser castle track? Least favourite?

My favourite would probably be both from Wii, Bowser castle was my Favourite tracks from Wii and I really liked the Rainbow road Wii.

My least favourite Rainbow road was from  Mario kart 7 actually, I found that place to be boring, I think the one loop track ruined it because it was pretty long, their are only 8 characters which makes the place feel dead and empty and the whole moon stuff and planets kinda ruined the whole rainbow theme. I would rather have a space level with moons and stuff and a track only on...Rainbow Road. Anyone had the same feeling? 

Bowser castle DS is my least favourite, That place just seemed boring, The music was okay but it was the worst out of all Mario karts. Its not bad but it just didn't do good as other ones did. The GBA and SNES were simple but they had many bowsers castle tracks and the track design was decent and the music was just too good.

So yea, im excited.

If Nintendo wanted to be really obscure they would add tatanga from super mario land

I just remmebered something, know what the focus of the MK8 direct will be? MarioKart TV, they have kept very hush hush about it, but I think its the ace in the hole they plan to use to help move the game even more

I really just want more female characters, the Mario verse is brimming with perfect candidates.. Nastasia, Mimi, Vivian, Goombella etc.

Come on Nintendo, give us some variety and use your verse for once, they're just as bad as SEGA for not using their characters sometimes...

Pauline could be a good choice for a new female racer. I don't think they can use characters from the Paper Mario or M&L games since they've never appeared outside of those, not even in spin offs. And at least Pauline is a better choice than fecking Honey Queen! >__>

I really just want more female characters, the Mario verse is brimming with perfect candidates.. Nastasia, Mimi, Vivian, Goombella etc.

Come on Nintendo, give us some variety and use your verse for once, they're just as bad as SEGA for not using their characters sometimes...

Those seem like the choices that they don't really think are all that important...they'd be interesting, but Nintendo rarely ever goes out of their way to inlcude things from the RPG games into the other spin-offs(or the main games)or inclusions from one spin-off into the other. Its very rare.

Bare in mind that Nintendo isn't exactly keen on RPG characters, likely cause of copyright stuff. I don't think Wario Ware characters could be used either, otherwise we would've seen a character from that series in a Mario Spin-off already.

Granted still, more females would be welcomed, I'm pretty sure they could still use Pauline and Dixie Kong is very high demand, a Sprixie from 3D World is also possible. Also whatever the heck gender Birdo is supposed to be, Nintendo loves joking around with Birdo.

Captain Syrup is another possibility, I mean the Wario Land series should be safe unlike Wario Ware.

£17.99 each from the Nintendo UK Online Store. Here's the links for anyone wanting to pre-order (they're released 30th May):

Mario: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-accessories/wii-u-gamepad-protector-mario/10944311.html

Luigi: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-accessories/wii-u-gamepad-protector-luigi/10944313.html

£17.99 for a Gamepad cover, and you only get one of the two? Even with the two that would be a ridiculous price. I wouldn't pay more than £5 for one of those. 

Bare in mind that Nintendo isn't exactly keen on RPG characters, likely cause of copyright stuff. I don't think Wario Ware characters could be used either, otherwise we would've seen a character from that series in a Mario Spin-off already.

Granted still, more females would be welcomed, I'm pretty sure they could still use Pauline and Dixie Kong is very high demand, a Sprixie from 3D World is also possible. Also whatever the heck gender Birdo is supposed to be, Nintendo loves joking around with Birdo.

Captain Syrup is another possibility, I mean the Wario Land series should be safe unlike Wario Ware.

If WarioWare was a problem, Ashley or Kat and Ana wouldn't be in Smash Bros. Honestly I think the only Mario RPG they can't use any characters and the like from is Super Mario RPG due to the way they handled the licensing. Square Enix ended up in possession of any created characters in that game.

Ultimately Square Enix can't use Geno because he's linked to the Mario series, but Nintendo can't use Geno because Square Enix owns the copyright, so neither one of them can use him unless they do another licensing agreement. (Same with Mallow, Smithy, etc.)

The characters that I genuinely WANT to see are characters that I can't freakin' have, so I just have to settle for interesting choices.

Pauline and Captain Syrup would be cool to see.

If WarioWare was a problem, Ashley or Kat and Ana wouldn't be in Smash Bros. Honestly I think the only Mario RPG they can't use any characters and the like from is Super Mario RPG due to the way they handled the licensing. Square Enix ended up in possession of any created characters in that game.

Ultimately Square Enix can't use Geno because he's linked to the Mario series, but Nintendo can't use Geno because Square Enix owns the copyright, so neither one of them can use him unless they do another licensing agreement. (Same with Mallow, Smithy, etc.)

Dude, that's Smash Bros, I'm talking about the Mario spin-off games.

They can put in just about any character they want in Smash without worrying about restrictions too much, that is is supposed to be about all of Nintendo's library, but when it comes to Mario games, they are more strict with what characters they want in those games.

We would've been seen folks like Fawful and Wario Ware characters in the Mario sports games a LONG time ago if they were allowed to use them.

Shoot, they had their chance to have a Wario Ware character in Mario Kart GP 2 since they had a Diamond City track, but they missed their chance again, hell their are no references to Wario Ware at all in that track, no character cameos or anything crazy at all relating to it. Oddly enough through, they had a statue of E. Gadd in the track, but he has no relation to Wario Ware nor Diamond city in the least.