Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

So are we getting a silver luigi like in new super mario bros 2?

What characters are confirmed so far?

If we end up getting Silver Luigi, I kinda hope they'll do a Black Gold Bowser, just to complete the main guys.

Still, the get-a-game-free thing sounds pretty great. I plan on Monster Hunter to complement the 3DS version, which I also got free through a similar promotion.

I'm going to completely ignore most of what you said Mando since I'm not in the greatest of moods to deal with your theory right now.

I do want to nudge Azoo and remind him that the original 64 Kart frames are back.

Fuck yeah! Classic karts!

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh, the classic karts are back? That's cool and all, but what advantages do they provide?

Considering how much push there is for her these days, might as well get a Teal Copper Rosalina.

Now they arent clones in the traditional sense of being based off another player, but rather they already have existing models in the game and were easy to adapt to be playable, it also helps that they have a measure of popularity and are series staples

Baby Rosa is also a clone, just due to realitive ease of development

Birdo would be a "clone" of Yoshi, then.

Same with Dry Bones 'n' Koopa.

Now you could make the argument they aren't Mario staples, but they are Mario Kart staples. Or, well, I would say so; they may not have appeared in 7, but Birdo was in Double Dash, Dry Bones was in DS, and both were in Wii. Two games each might not seem like much, but that's enough for people to be confused or upset when they stop appearing.

This is all a moot point if there's 1) secret characters or 2) DLC is planned, but yeah. I don't think the "oh clones b/c filling roster spaces" is a good justification for bad character choices...or, well, invented characters, AKA the babies & metals.

EXTREME HEAVYWEIGHT 

obviously, tch.

Wouldn't Dry Bowser returning as a Light-Mid weight character make more sense than a Metal Bowser, though?

Oh, the classic karts are back? That's cool and all, but what advantages do they provide?

Probably lighter with better acceleration, but easily knocked around.

I just really miss the classic karts, we've had these huge bumper kart things since DS, just the classic metal framed ones were my favourite.

Just nostalgia speaking for me clearly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to completely ignore most of what you said Mando since I'm not in the greatest of moods to deal with your theory right now.

I do want to nudge Azoo and remind him that the original 64 Kart frames are back.

Fuck yeah! Classic karts!

Duuuude!! I know, right? also regarding stages WARIO STADIUM AND YOSHI VALLEY THO

Voice chat, this really flexible and (at last Ninty!) professionally handled online system, four player grand prix, free Pikmin 3 with my game via Club Nintendo, uploading videos to Youtube, these incredible incredible INCREDIBLE tracks, and all of it bundled in a a continuing string of really funny and informative videos.

Nintendo, I can't even be mad at you about the roster, cuz damn you are on a roll right now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Duuuude!! I know, right? also regarding stages WARIO STADIUM AND YOSHI VALLEY THO

HOW ABOUT THAT TOAD'S TURNPIKE AND RAINBOW ROAD THO!?

Duuuuuuuude!!

They even included some awesome new items!

But, hold the phone...

2qkumc2.jpg

THEY STOLE THE SUPERHORN

THAT'S WHY IT WAS MISSING IN SONIC TRANSFORMED

THE PEOPLE HAVE TO KNOW, THE PEOPL-

0358_snjh3.gif

Wait, Reggie, NOOOOO-

• Thumbs Up 7

HOW ABOUT THAT TOAD'S TURNPIKE AND RAINBOW ROAD THO!?

Duuuuuuuude!!

Everything. Just everything, dude. Everything.

First day it goes online I'm buying this and getting my Pikmin 3 along with it. 

...And oh my god, it'll give me something to do while waiting and preparing for the E3 and the Digital Event. I wonder if the height of the hype of getting this and everything just on the brink of E3 was what they intended all along.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this even the same Nintendo we had two years ago?

The characters people want will be paid DLC. Calling it.

Heck, even this would be kind of cool. In a way.

I mean, if it isn't $5 per character or anything. ph34r.png

The characters people want will be paid DLC. Calling it.

This would actually be kinda genius.  Somewhat despicable, but genius...

Maybe they'll release them in bundles. Like, "Bowser's Minions" or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bowser castle looks fucking great. SO. FUCKING. GREAT! So much hype for this goddamn game that is taking so goddamn long that its killing meeeeeeeeeeeee! lol 

COME OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY STOLE THE SUPERHORN

THAT'S WHY IT WAS MISSING IN SONIC TRANSFORMED

Yeah, they actually made it even better to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's actually different though? It's a sound-wave that attacks and blocks anything in a nearby radius

Unless you're referring to the Blue Shell defense maneuver? 

For those who are avoiding for spoilers. Just avoid the internet. Everything is out there now. lol 

And the returning tracks is happening big time. 

Sherbet land, Yoshi valley, Toads turnpike, Piranha plant slide. Everthing

Bowser castle looks fucking great. SO. FUCKING. GREAT! So much hype for this goddamn game that is taking so goddamn long that its killing meeeeeeeeeeeee! lol 

COME OUT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNEW I wasn't the only one hyped up for the GIANT ROCK/LAVA MONSTER SHAPED LIKE BOWSER

• Thumbs Up 2