Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

TOAD'S TURNPIKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqTzrXFWEU 

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG...

• Thumbs Up 1

Unless you're referring to the Blue Shell defense maneuver?

Exactly, my friend. That alone makes it the superior horn.

• Thumbs Up 1

I KNEW I wasn't the only one hyped up for the GIANT ROCK/LAVA MONSTER SHAPED LIKE BOWSER

OH YEA! That segment looks fucking epic. That beats Mario kart Wii bowser castle. It shits on MK7 Bowser castle its just gorgeous. Its just awesome.

Buuuut I kinda expect more from rainbow road though. Like its not giving me that much as much as Bowser castle. It looks to simple base on track design. Bowser castle Looks difficult. Rainbow road is pretty simple and it seems pretty empty in the space station. N64 rainbow road was lively and full of excitement. 

Rainbow road still looks good though.

Wait...wasn't Diddy Kong leaked in a magazine not too long ago, or was that confirmed false?

If so, wouldn't that mean that there are still more characters, and that this isn't the final roster?

Buuuut I kinda expect more from rainbow road though. Like its not giving me that much as much as Bowser castle. It looks to simple base on track design. Bowser castle Looks difficult. Rainbow road is pretty simple and it seems pretty empty in the space station. N64 rainbow road was lively and full of excitement. 

Rainbow road still looks good though.

We haven't seen the full course though, there's evidently a lot more track after the space station that Nintendo aren't showing off.

Wait...wasn't Diddy Kong leaked in a magazine not too long ago, or was that confirmed false?

If so, wouldn't that mean that there are still more characters, and that this isn't the final roster?

It was an error I think.

Yoshi valley!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KkjJ7Sg17-s

You can tell what place you're in Yoshi's valley?!?

YoshiMP_lose.png

Seriously, 0/10! Worst game ever!!

Ok, I'm only casually keeping an eye on this game due to having no Wii U atm, but what's got everyone so hopped up on hype?

We haven't seen the full course though, there's evidently a lot more track after the space station that Nintendo aren't showing off.

Oh man I hope so, but still, there is hype for that course, I cant lie, It looks gorgeous.

Also, Piranha Plant Slide got a nice Anti gravity remake during the underwater section. My favourite track gets a nice remake. Full Win.

Music park......is not happening. It was also one of my favs but the course is hardly touched up in this game. its a fav in MK7 but most disappointing in this game. 

Grumble volcano looks good but hardly touch based on gameplay. I liked the course so thats okay for me. 

Battle mode is now being set in race tracks. Im not sure if thats exciting. I was hoping for some crazy battle stages with anit-gravity.

I have no comment on the roster.....King Boo shall return someday. 

Baby Rosalina?  Pink Gold Peach? Are you fucking serious?!?! Those slots could've gone to characters who actually deserve it more. I mean... what a waste of character slots!

Without a doubt they'll pull a paid DLC character pack somewhere down the line. Other than that, the tracks look absolutely fucking fantastic!! Seriously, can they make this game look any more prettier? wub.png

Who cares? Yoshi, Luigi and Ludwig are all in. Everyone else is irrelevant. OK, Toad isn't. But everyone else.

Im going to miss the mega mushroom though. I really liked that item. 

Thank god the tanooki tail is not coming back. Other than the blue, I though this item was really annoying. it came up to often especially when your in between 1-4th place.

Bullet bill still slow as heck, but I guess its better that way. Mario kart wii bullet bill was fucking fast and huge. 

No fake item box? Wow, even though it never fooled a single driver I kinda liked it. I was pretty much a bad power up for those in first because you can't use it to block off and red shells. The new items makes up for it though, they look great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who cares? Yoshi, Luigi and Ludwig are all in. Everyone else is irrelevant. OK, Toad isn't. But everyone else.

True.

Im going to miss the mega mushroom though. I really liked that item. 

Thank god the tanooki tail is not coming back. Other than the blue, I though this item was really annoying. it came up to often especially when your in between 1-4th place.

Bullet bill still slow as heck, but I guess its better that way. Mario kart wii bullet bill was fucking fast and huge. 

No fake item box? Wow, even though it never fooled a single driver I kinda liked it. I was pretty much a bad power up for those in first because you can't use it to block off and red shells. The new items makes up for it though, they look great.

The Tail is a defensive item...sooo, those in the lead places would get it more often than not.

The fake item box after 64 was less about fooling other players and more about keeping them from tail-gating you, or you could place it inside where an item box is and hope that you remember where it is so you won't hit it on the next lap.

I always try and place the item boxes as close to real ones as possible so people have no time to dodge them. It probably doesn't work, but I like to think it does.

I always try and place the item boxes as close to real ones as possible so people have no time to dodge them. It probably doesn't work, but I like to think it does.

it's still noticeable, people would just go to the next item box. It's best used for placing after tight corners were it's hard to react fast enough to escape it, and even escaping it ruins your speed by going of to the wall or cancelling your drift. Well based on Mario kart wii I guess.

Considering how much push there is for her these days, might as well get a Teal Copper Rosalina.

That would be an oxidized copper Rosalina.  (damn my knowledge of science.)

So much hype for this game. Disappointed that we get pink gold Peach instead of a new female character, but we also possible have to look forward to unlockables or DLC that have yet to be shown.

Waluigi Pinball music remix? Hell yes.  An item that can stop blue shells in their tracks? Gimme gimme gimme.

Also Waluigi kept his stripper moves on the bike so that is a plus.

But I haven't been this excited to get a game since Mario 3D World.

The characters people want will be paid DLC. Calling it.

I suppose that would be Nintendo truly joining the modern age of gaming.

• Thumbs Up 1

As long as the Mario spinoffs consistently portray the Metal ______ characters as figurative and literal Foils of the original characters (Metal Mario sounds cockier than Mario in MK7, when I hear it) I'll be fine. Having new characters would undoubtedly be better, but a cocky Mario and possibly a selfish Peach personified as literal Foil (perhaps that's the joke?) is ok with me, and it doubles as a callback to when Metal Mario was a semi-regular in N64 Mario games.

Expect to be going to Yoshi Valley a lot when racing me, btw. Absolutely love that track. :v

I suppose that would be Nintendo truly joining the modern age of gaming.

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-g

I still think the biggest offender is the Koopalings hogging up 

seven whole spots. They really should have been a DLC bundle.

• Thumbs Up 2

04_ludwig_hover.png My main Koopa

08_luigi_hover.png My main Bro

27_heyho_hover.png My main Minion

22_rosetta_hover.png My main Princess

I see it now. 

But obviously I'm going to try out every racer.

it's still noticeable, people would just go to the next item box. It's best used for placing after tight corners were it's hard to react fast enough to escape it, and even escaping it ruins your speed by going of to the wall or cancelling your drift. Well based on Mario kart wii I guess.

It depends on where you place it in regards to the item box...the best places are inside it, just a little late when releasing it no one will see that its poking out, and behind the item box so that the other player can't see when its coming up..of course this one depends on the track so you may wanna place it before or after the item box.

I still grasp to find the point of the existance of the babies and the "metal" characters.

And now that I think about it... there's no Bowser Jr this time around blink.png

I really really hope they release the soundtrack for this on Club Nintendo. Absolutely adore what I'm hearing so far!

I don't give a shit about the roster. Yeah metal pink Peach is weird but DLC people, D. L. C!

Besides, I'm just glad Rosalina and Waaaaaaaaaluigi are in because I would've flipped out after the latter was unceremoniously left out of Mario Kart 7. Everything else about this game looks fabulous anyway! Graphics, retro tracks, voice chat (AW YEAH) and so much more!

This is a day one buy fo sho.