Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I remember seeing a wheelie during one of the gameplay videos.  My current theory is that it's now just an extra effect during mini-turbos.

The bikes lift up a bit when they get a mini turbo boost.

One small detail I liked - Peach's hair will fall down.. or up when upside down on the gravity.

ALSO

SIXTY FRAMES PER A SECOND CONFIRMED. Sweet.

Hasn't every Mario Kart game since Double Dash run at 60fps?

That doesn't say much when Mario Kart Wii kind of looked like poop.

Seeing it look AMAZING in HD, support 12 players, and still be 60FPS is exciting.

Fair enough. Though Mario Kart 7 ran at 60 fps (iirc, it's been a while) even when 3D was on. I imagine that was even harder to pull off.

Out of curiosity, is the WiiU hackable/been hacked yet?

The one thing that killed my experience on MKWii are not only the Funky Kong/Daisy annoyances, but people cheating their their way to victory by spamming lighting, Stars, Bullet Bills, Spiny Shells, etc. It wasn't that bad at first, but it just got too painful later on, especially when these cheaters specifically target you just because you've been winning too much fair and square.

Fair enough. Though Mario Kart 7 ran at 60 fps (iirc, it's been a while) even when 3D was on. I imagine that was even harder to pull off.

Yeah, that was quite the achievement. I think 7 is still the only 3DS game to run at 60 Frames with the 3D effect turned on, and it still is a nice looking game for the platform it's on.

Also, no, the Wii U hasn't been hacked and there's no cheat devices for it as far as anyone knows.

Edited by Super Mario

Unlike others, this one has 60 fps for multiplayer. Other ones, if you have two or more, it drops 30 and even less when you max out to 4

Whoa, wait. It's confirmed to stay 60 with 4-player splitscreen too? Well damn, that's REALLY impressive.

Well, the Processor has 3 cores, which no Nintendo console has had before. each core probably works on the seperate screens or something

Whoa, wait. It's confirmed to stay 60 with 4-player splitscreen too? Well damn, that's REALLY impressive.

Yea its been confirmed in an interview I saw that its staying 60 fps regardless what mode, or how many players you have on the screen ect.  First time ever.

Wait, it's gonna stay in full detail even at Splitscreen!? 

No detail lost.........huzzah!

• Thumbs Up 4

That's something I should have mentioned lol. Me and my brother played splitscreen (vertical splitscreen, not MK64 horizontal) and the framerate didn't suffer at all. It was great.

Well I did make it out to best buy today and played MK8 and though there isn't much I can add from Doctor Toadley's post, the game is extremely fun to play. Tricks are back though for some reason I found them a lot less effective than before. It could of just been me, but even that ramp at the end of the stage where you go full pelt into a glider didn't give me much of a boost as you were barely lifted off the ground to begin with. As Doctor said, I didn't really notice the gravity effects in till I looked at the bottom of my cart and saw blue sparks coming from it. The standard items are all pretty much there like the red shell and bananas(didn't see the blue shell though). Didn't see any sign or rubber banding AI, but Peach did sneak up and past me towards the end.

I guess the biggest thing that stuck out to me was how beautiful the game looks. Looking back at the videos online... they just don't give the game justice. As far as I can tell, it runs 60fps even during split screen. It really is just something that you're going to have to see first hand; everything was just so smooth.

Well all and all it was a great experience. If anyone else is or has gone can you please tell me if the best buy you went to only had one unit demoing anything. This was the case at mine and the line was long and moved like a snail. They gave out free drinks and I met a lot of great people (and had a killer discussion on E3 XD) but I really feel this event as a whole could of been handled a lot better. I couldn't tell if they were using a shipped Wii U unit for this or a disc on the store unit (in which case they really should of brought more discs). I waited in line for a good two hours, I can only imagine how crazy it's going to get on saturday when even more people are free to go.

Edited by Strickerx5

I took some video of the demo that was being shown at Best Buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwu4IACjBC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCG_eDmC78

And another one just in case you want more. My reaction, it was okay I guess, nothing to write home about. The anti-gravity sections didn't do much for me and didn't really make me feel like "wow this is a completely different way of playing how exciting!"

It also felt really slow, but then again, after playing Transformed I feel other kart racers feel slow so maybe it's that. Also, feel free to take my views on the game with an ocean of salt since I've never been a fan of the series and I find it kind of easy.

True and it's most likely what I was playing but even then I'm not really looking forward to this game. But if anyone is more power to you since despite my views it's still a solid game.

I can't play 50cc after doing the 150 mirror cups, it's so much slower its actually jarring to play!

But this looks amazing I must say, I love MK and only missed out on 7 because of lack of funds (I feel a Wii U is now a higher priority in my buying list) and not to mention it looks gorgeois

*opens thread*

*reads OP*

I wonder what online is gonna look like...

mario_kart_wii_daisy_bike_by_tonytoad22-

Guys. Do you know what this means?

Three words:

Wario jiggle physics.

tumblr_mjmz5hy1sd1qmjnuao2_250.gif

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH.

• Thumbs Up 5

Best game of Spring 2014 confirmed.

You are talking about .......

225px-Super_Smash_Bros_3DS_Wii_U_logos.p

RIGHT?

You are talking about .......

225px-Super_Smash_Bros_3DS_Wii_U_logos.p

RIGHT?

As if that game will be out in Spring.

• Thumbs Up 2

The game, looks nice but it does seem kind of the same minus the hover karts of course but then again like driver said, im not really to into this series and as much as I wanna think that nintendo is gonna wow me with this I just really can't see anything great about this but its still awhile till this comes out so hopefully I might enjoy it if I try it.

I hope Japan get's the game on the same day as the west, Racing Japanese players in Mario Kart Games is sooooooo much fun.