Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I think it was kind of hilarious when they were trying to do the Maka Wuhu glitch even after the patch went out.

I think it was kind of hilarious when they were trying to do the Maka Wuhu glitch even after the patch went out.

lol, Yeah I remember seeing a couple of poor saps trying to that the first week the patch went live, tsk tsk.

Though I think some people may have tried themselves just to confirm it was gone. I seem to recall watching a Youtube video where a bloke did that.

lol, Yeah I remember seeing a couple of poor saps trying to that the first week the patch went live, tsk tsk.

You know... I still see people attempt it....  x---x even when the patch has been out for almost a year now.

Anyway, I had a quick question if anyone knows this? Since Smash Brothers is running on 1080p, is Mario Kart 8 the same? Or is it 720p like most Wii U games so far?

I think I heard somewhere that the game does run at 1080p, and even retains full level detail in playing multiplayer.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't bring back the dual rider thing from Double Dash, since this is basically taking the best of past games. I guess my dream of sexy mushroom juggling in ESH DEE shall remain unfulfilled D;

Edited by Panda Cero
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't bring back the dual rider thing from Double Dash, since this is basically taking the best of past games. I guess my dream of sexy mushroom juggling in ESH DEE shall remain unfulfilled D;

NO

Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a fan of Double Dash's concept, I feel your pain Panda. It would be nice as an alternative playstyle, at least. Double-Kart mode or whatever.

What was so offensive about the whole double aspect of Double Dash? The gameplay was naff, but certainly not because of that fun little gimmick.

My fave thing about Double Dash was how much more alive and animated the characters were thanks to not being bound to a sitting position.

• Thumbs Up 5

My fave thing about Double Dash was how much more alive and animated the characters were thanks to not being bound to a sitting position.

"Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy! Hi, I'm Daisy!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Who doesn't want to team Daisy up with Baby Daisy?

Anyone who wish to retain functioning ears, perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, Wario was the worst.

Huehuehuehue

Seriously tho, Fuck Queen Bee, Wiggler and Metal Mario but at least there were noone of the Babies. The Rest of the MK7 cast was fine to me however, so I hope MK8 is gonna be the same in that regard.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's see, if it were up to me (newcomers in bold, suggested unlockables in italics):

Mario

Peach

Luigi

E.Gadd

King Boo

Yoshi

Baby Mario Bros.

Poochie

Toad

Toadette

Toadsworth

Wario

Captain Syrup

Daisy

Waluigi

Rosalina

Donkey Kong

Diddy kong I guess

Donkey Kong Jr.

Koopa Troopa

Shy Guy

Birdo

Dry Bones

Bowser

Bowser Jr.

Mii

Special Guest: Sonic

Obviously Baby Mario & Luigi are only newcomers in the sense that they'd be a tagteam in an otherwise-single-racer game, and DK Jr gets newcomer status on the basis that he hasn't appeared since the first game.

ALSO it'd be cool if there was like, an unlockable skins too.  Would use a unique model/texture but the same animation rig.  Not all of them would have them necessarily though, and some could have multiple.  Ideas:

Mario = Gold Mario/Metal Mario

Peach = Fire Peach

Luigi = Silver Luigi

Yoshi = Other Colours

Toad = Blue Toad

Wario = Warioware Wario

Daisy = Classic Daisy (Long Hair/Tanned)

Waluigi = (BitF Waluigi)

Rosalina = Cosmic Guide

Koopa Troopa = Paratroopa

Shy Guy = Snifit

Birdo = Other Colours

Bowser = Dry Bowser

Mii = Mario/Peach Costume

Edited by JezMM

I'm just playing through LM2 right now, and I can say I'm perfectly content with the fact that E.Gadd was cut from MKDS. Never was too keen on his design, but his voice and personality do nothing for me. Bleh. But if Nintendo were to branch out into the extended Mario series, like they've done with DK, I'd love to see Syrup in her Shake Dimension get up.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Wario Land and Wario Ware games should definately have some representation in MK8. Kinda not fair that DK get's so much love in the Kart and Sports title games but not Wario.

And Mona is definately my most wanted character.

ANYTHING is better than the Babies and the lame MK 7 cast (except for Shy Guy, he's cool in my book).

I would love if Nintendo turns Mario Kart 8 into Smash Kart and bring in other Nintendo characters outside of the Mario/DK/Wario branches of the Mario Series.  Sonic Transformed did it, as did other kart races (I believe that Pac Man Kart racer had a few Namco characters outside of Pac Man and friends). This would bring new life to the series and it would be refreshing to race as Kirby, Toon Link, and Captain Falcon instead of a dam baby character.

I'm just playing through LM2 right now, and I can say I'm perfectly content with the fact that E.Gadd was cut from MKDS. Never was too keen on his design, but his voice and personality do nothing for me. Bleh. But if Nintendo were to branch out into the extended Mario series, like they've done with DK, I'd love to see Syrup in her Shake Dimension get up.

To be honest I'm not a Gadd fan either overall, I'd never play as him.  People seem to like him though.

I would love if Nintendo turns Mario Kart 8 into Smash Kart and bring in other Nintendo characters outside of the Mario/DK/Wario branches of the Mario Series.  Sonic Transformed did it, as did other kart races (I believe that Pac Man Kart racer had a few Namco characters outside of Pac Man and friends). This would bring new life to the series and it would be refreshing to race as Kirby, Toon Link, and Captain Falcon instead of a dam baby character.

The game would be an ENTIRELY different aesthetic by having all those guys along.  I wouldn't like it at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with JezMM, I rather keep it mainly Mario/DK/Yoshi and Wario related.

If their gonna have a character outside the Mario Universe, it should be just one person, like R.O.B. in MKDS

Well, I guess you guys are right, but it would be nice if they have a varied line up of characters in the game. We only have some DK Characters and the Wario brand has very little representation in the Kart games, so they could get a stronger roster from there.

Here's my want list for MK8, being that there's a whole mess of characters Nintendo just doesn't care about anymore and I wouldn't be likely to see ( but we can wish):

Lightweight: Fawful, E. Gadd, Dixie Kong, King of Subcon

Medium: Mona, Prince Peasley, Prince Pine

Cruiser (is this going to be a weight class level anymore?): Captain Syrup, Kamek

Heavy: K. Rool, Foreman Spike, Wart, Tatanga

I can see a Poochie Cruiser be Yoshi's alt.

Edited by Scheming Minor

The only newcomer I will ever need is Captain Syrup, seriously Nintendo please put her into this game

• Thumbs Up 3