Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

King of Subcon

Really?  A character from an obscure Japan-only version of an already kind-of obscure Mario game?  D=  I dunno but I feel like if you don't need to scroll to reach the bottom of a character's page on Mario Wiki they probably don't deserve a spot in Mario Kart.

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting about Pauline. Shoot why not, I kinda want to see a Donkey Kong Arcade style track anyway.

Give me Plum and I would be happy

look at her....being all cute

Plum.png

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone really should have suggested Pauline by now.

Why?  She's Peach, minus the Princess. :U

I say we play as a goomba! He steers with his mouth!

Edited by Jolt_TH

In terms of role?  Yeah, sure.

In terms of appearance?

Lady.png

Not so much.

It's also worth noting that the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games have actually brought her back and have been using her for a while, so she's not strictly an old school character anymore.

In terms of role?  Yeah, sure.

In terms of appearance?

Lady.png

Not so much.

It's also worth noting that the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games have actually brought her back and have been using her for a while, so she's not strictly an old school character anymore.

that b*tch has nothing on Peach and Daisy in terms of looks... get her out of here XD Maybe a Pauline recolor for Peach but there's no need to have her.

That explains everything why Mario broke up with her.

So wait, E. Gadd was supposed to be in Mario Kart DS? Ok yeah, I would have liked that. Fuck the haters.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, I would love Pauline, E. Gadd, Captain Syrup, Fawful, Lord Crump  and Mona.

C'mon Nintendo it's about time you brought some of the Mario & Luigi, Wario Ware, Wario Land, and Paper Mario cast to some of your Kart/Sports games.   

See, the Mario series has such a huge roster of characters, and 9 times out of 10, the party games are filled up with the Mario Bros and their recolors, Peach and Toad and their recolors, DK, Bowser and Bowser Jr, practically everyone as a baby, several bad guys, and Yoshi. They toss in the one-off weirdo every now and then, but with so many more characters to draw from (like Pauline, E. Gadd, Plum, Goombella, Geno, Wart, Mario 2 USA enemies besides Birdo and Shyguy, and Il-freaking-Piantissimo) there's no excuse for them to stick to that same tired formula. It's not even like I'm asking for them to get rid of anyone, but to add some other faces in the mix. It's like the 2 Toads in the New Super Mario games. They aren't exactly the "wrong choice," but it's not like Wario or Waluigi have forgotten how to jump, y'know?

Edited by Indigo Rush

See, the Mario series has such a huge roster of characters, and 9 times out of 10, the party games are filled up with the Mario Bros and their recolors, Peach and Toad and their recolors, DK, Bowser and Bowser Jr, practically everyone as a baby, several bad guys, and Yoshi. They toss in the one-off weirdo every now and then, but with so many more characters to draw from (like Pauline, E. Gadd, Plum, Goombella, Geno, Wart, Mario 2 USA enemies besides Birdo and Shyguy, and Il-freaking-Piantissimo) there's no excuse for them to stick to that same tired formula. It's not even like I'm asking for them to get rid of anyone, but to add some other faces in the mix. It's like the 2 Toads in the New Super Mario games. They aren't exactly the "wrong choice," but it's not like Wario or Waluigi have forgotten how to jump, y'know?

someone should totaly photoshop it with Wario and Walugui, now that would be hilarious

Well most of those characters are one shots, but yea I understand; No more babies pls.

So wait, E. Gadd was supposed to be in Mario Kart DS? Ok yeah, I would have liked that. Fuck the haters.

You and me, we're not like the others.

Seriously, that would've been great. He's got a great design, he's funny, and he's a tremendously important character in the Luigi's Mansion series. I'd love to see him in 8. He'd be better than Baby Daisy, or that goddamn Queen Bee.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well most of those characters are one shots, but yea I understand; No more babies pls.

Yeah the babies are the most annoying characters in the Kart games.

MK7, while I did despise Queen Bee and Metal Mario, I liked Shy Guy and Lakitu a lot, and I'm I'm hoping they get in over the babies in the Lightweight/Feather Class, Bowser Jr. too.

I'm really hoping we can get something that surpasses MK Wii's roster in size to make room for all those other lovely characters. Maybe since Wii had 24, it wouldn't be too crazy for them to have 30 characters this time with 6 characters in the 5 classes from MK7 and some of the earlier games, so something like:

Feather: Toad, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, Baby Mario Bros, Shy Guy, Lakitu
Light: Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Birdo, E.Gadd, Pauline
Medium: Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Imajin, Plum
Cruiser: Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Captain Syrup, Cranky Kong, Toadsworth
Heavy: Bowser, DK, Wart, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Foreman Spike
+ The obligatory Mii option

Edited by Panda Cero

I'm so glad Waluigi's back.  There was absolutely no justification for him not being in 7, other than "We didn't wanna".

Wait Prof. Egad has haters?! Wtf he's awesome! D: "Maka maka choo choo."

I hope Rosalina returns! I love that character, though I never understood why she was a Heavy type. O_o And I totally agree, please, please PLEASE get rid of those damn babies! Baby Mario? Fine. Bowser Jr? Sure. But that's it!

• Thumbs Up 2

MKW didn't distinguish between Light/Medium/Heavy characters, but instead went with a Short/Middle/Tall tier system. And Rosalina is a little bit taller/larger than Peach and Daisy.

There may have been some metaphorical ideas going into it too. Rosalina being a celestial deity of sorts tends to carry a lot of weight in her role in the Mario universe, so to speak.

That, or they just wanted a woman in the heavier classes without outright putting fat women like Queen Bean in it. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe Rosalina is heavy up top?

Just a theory.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm so glad Waluigi's back.  There was absolutely no justification for him not being in 7, other than "We didn't wanna".
Yeah, I'd rather him than Metal Mario, who I felt was a waste of a character, along with Honey Queen.

Maybe Rosalina is heavy up top?

She's not really anymore buxom than the other princesses.

But she sure as fuck is hotter.

• Thumbs Up 3