Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I can't believe it's coming out in just a mere 2 weeks and I still haven't pre ordered it! @.@ Gonna have to do it tonight. Asap.

Am I the only one who thought that it was a missed opportunity that figure 8 circuit from mario kart DS isn't in this game?

I might pre order from ShopTo actually. That blue shell tshirt looks sweet. What does it read?

I believe it's something like "Second is Best"

Looking forward to receiving my pre-order of the Limited Edition from the Nintendo UK Online Store... I just couldn't pass up that bundle with the Bullet Bill t-shirt and keyring!

Can't believe I'm missing out on a Steelbook edition of this game urgh, the LE better make up for it Nintendo.

Can't believe I'm missing out on a Steelbook edition of this game urgh, the LE better make up for it Nintendo.

The Spiny Shell statue sure looks nifty, and it's far more interesting than just a steel case for a box, so I'd say it'll be better in the long run.

As long as you stay away from anyone with a Super Horn, of course. They'll blow it to smithereens!

Am I the only one who thought that it was a missed opportunity that figure 8 circuit from mario kart DS isn't in this game?

The new Mario Circuit looks like a remastered Figure-8 Circuit in itself, they have similar layout (8-shaped), plus the anti-gravity. tongue.png

Gotta admit, unlockable characters in this game seem pretty pointless now after trying out the demo, I mean they're all just there from the start (in the demo I mean) and from what I can tell, besides weight class they don't really affect a single thing at all unless there is some secret stat boost I'm missing here. Also, it didn't really hit me until now but man, the koopalings and babies take up a very large part of the roster, not that I have a problem with it but its pretty noticeable when its in your face like that.

So...at what point do we start friending each other in preparation for the game?  Or is that something that everyone but me has already been doing the whole time?

Gotta admit, unlockable characters in this game seem pretty pointless now after trying out the demo, I mean they're all just there from the start (in the demo I mean) and from what I can tell, besides weight class they don't really affect a single thing at all unless there is some secret stat boost I'm missing here. Also, it didn't really hit me until now but man, the koopalings and babies take up a very large part of the roster, not that I have a problem with it but its pretty noticeable when its in your face like that.

They stopped doing character specific stat bonuses after Funky Bike Wii Mario Kart Wii, because a lot of people were just using the speed boosting characters on the fast bikes and completely trumping everyone who wasn't.

Wasn't that the case in all the recent games though? Aside from weight classes arent they there just to be someone else to play us

For those who played the demo, I hope you all enjoyed the game.

I'm just going to wait until release date. It's not difficult waiting a little over a week for the game.

So what are your thoughts?

I'll let you know in 12 days. =P

It was okay, it might just be because I don't really like MK all that much to begin with (MK DD and 64 being exceptions) but it isn't really all that fun to me, the gravity mechanic to me seems a bit more spectacle than substance and besides the bumping thing really doesn't add anything new to the gameplay. The visuals are beautiful though, I'm not a graphics buff but man it is some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen in a racing game (Only going off the candy place and the toad downtown track).

Overall, its not really anything that I can get into that much (might be more satisfying with more players though). Also, it might just have been me but while I didn't see any blue shells (which is always a plus in my book) I got bombarded by like 3 red shells in one of those races and since they just stop you dead in your tracks without a slide out, it feels as though they keep you pinned for awhile.

I really like how the walls don't stop you dead on your tracks, it's even better that you can drag along the walls and still continue your drifts so it's nice that bumping a wall won't be that serious.

I also barely see the fire flower, I keep forgetting that power exist in this game. I see more super horn than the fire flower.

I just realized that 5 of the babies and 7 of the koopalings makes 12 so it's possible to have a full match of just Babies and Koopalings. Majority of the race is gonna be filled with Koopalings or Babies. Kinda sad actually.

I really like how the walls don't stop you dead on your tracks, it's even better that you can drag along the walls and still continue your drifts so it's nice that bumping a wall won't be that serious.

I also barely see the fire flower, I keep forgetting that power exist in this game. I see more super horn than the fire flower.

I just realized that 5 of the babies and 7 of the koopalings makes 12 so it's possible to have a full match of just Babies and Koopalings. Majority of the race is gonna be filled with Koopalings or Babies. Kinda sad actually.

You could also have a Mario only race online, so its up to the racer, and the koopalings are unique at least 

You could also have a Mario only race online, so its up to the racer, and the koopalings are unique at least 

Ya I don't mind the Koopalings, they really done good with the personalities with them. All characters actually, well except Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach. I wish this was not a thing. Should of not been in Mario Kart 7 in the first place. 

Next thing you know they bring Honey queen and make up a honey king character! Lol i'm joking though.

It's just that most of the time I gonna see a lot of them in every race.

Also I wasn't talking about online I mean when racing against computers.

I wish we had the options to choose who we verse. 

There are babies and Koopalings aplenty for sure, but the trend online seems to be Pink Gold Peach now, actually.

8RZI1.png

Reviewers seem to like PGP. Bowser, Morton and Wario will probably join down the line some day as well seeing as they are the heaviest and fastest characters, and people will figure out some way to make the low acceleration stat work online, I guess. But hey, a pool of 5 characters is better than 1 or 2. tongue.png

I think I'll stick to Baby Peach, Mario and Rosalina more. Either way, I'm just glad they got rid of the individual stat boosts in MKWii. With stats themselves being not so balanced there that ended up limiting character variety for competitive play a lot.

Oh, the irony. Everyone moans about how unoriginal and pointless Pink Gold Peach is as a character, and then she becomes the most popular racer online :lol:

Personally I'm going to stick to a power trio in this game unless I really can't get to grips with any of them - Mario as a my all-round main man because... well, it's Mario!... and then Rosalina when I unlock her because (surprise surprise) I'm a big Rosalina fan... and then I feel like I am obliged to try out the Koopalings too as they're such a big part of the roster, and Ludwig looks the coolest, so I'll give him a shot too.

10 more days to go... the closer we get to release day, the more painful the wait seems to become!

These are just reviewers, they don't represent the hardcore MK community, shoot, their pfoblemly unaware of the stats for characters too, wait for the game to officially come out first to see who will be the most used online.

Through, we can see that Andre of Gamexplain has been playing the game a lot and is one of the more skilled and knowledgable Reviewer players.

http://youtu.be/xN0dFbhejsM

I so did not know about this. You can squish other players when they are small. I know they did this in past mario kart games but which one was it? 64?

I so did not know about this. You can squish other players when they are small. I know they did this in past mario kart games but which one was it? 64?

I believe you could squish shrunken racers in Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart 7.

You could definitely do it in MK64.

Nice to see nods to the wacky 90s cartoon antics.