Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

http://youtu.be/xN0dFbhejsM

I so did not know about this. You can squish other players when they are small. I know they did this in past mario kart games but which one was it? 64?

You guys, this ad has something we are all missing, a movie homage 

BoGx5pLCIAAOdiM.png

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228671-random-time-nintendo-channels-the-super-mario-bros-movie-for-the-latest-mario-kart-8-commercial

Goomba confirmed playable dlc! tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

And according to me, I can't think of an MK game where you couldn't squish bolt'd racers

MKW, MKDS, MKDD. I believe they don't do it. 

I'm for sure MKW doesn't do it. 

Nope, I clearly remember you could get squished if you were run over while lightning'd in MKW.

wtf is up with Pink Golden Peach.

wtf

Everything. It will be big, I swear. 

I predict a spin-off starring it.

MKW, MKDS, MKDD. I believe they don't do it. 

I'm for sure MKW doesn't do it. 

Its not in Mario Kart Wii, DS, or Double Dash...the only game I'm not sure about 7. Its in 64, I know that.

Nope, I clearly remember you could get squished if you were run over while lightning'd in MKW.

Nope. I played this game almost everyday and all you can do is shove them to the side. 

In MKWii, you could only squish people with a Mega Mushroom active.

That's where people, I think, are getting confused.

Its not in Mario Kart Wii, DS, or Double Dash...the only game I'm not sure about 7. Its in 64, I know that.

I was listing the games that didn't have the squishing affect.

And yes, it's only 7 and 64.

Super circuits affect makes bolt'd players spin out instead of squishing.

And according to me, I can't think of an MK game where you couldn't squish bolt'd racers

Double Dash, you just knocked them to the side.

Actually yeah now that all you mention it that's my bad :v I remember being shocked that you couldn't get squished in Double Dash but reasoning "it's probably because the karts are so frickin chunky in this"

As for MKWii my excuse for not knowing is that I barely played that game. Whops. Whoopsy Gangnam Style.

I'd imagine it's because of that AND having to implement both characters being squashed when the game is rigged to drag player 2 behind off the back of your car when you deal big damage like bob-omb blasts, blue shells and stuff like the Baby's chain chomp etc.

Something I've just noticed and something I miss, animated character portraits in the corner of the screen for the top 4 positions, I wish they'd bring back neat little touches like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Anyways its back in Mario Kart 8 and I'm totally OK with it.

I'm kinda glad that it was not in mkw because there was already to much shit that messes you up.

Thunder cloud

Pow block.

I was kinda hoping for a new item to boost ourselves. They got rid of the Mega mushroom, needed the bullet bill and I think they shorten the time of the golden mushroom.

What else could we get?

I'd imagine it's because of that AND having to implement both characters being squashed when the game is rigged to drag player 2 behind off the back of your car when you deal big damage like bob-omb blasts, blue shells and stuff like the Baby's chain chomp etc.

Something I've just noticed and something I miss, animated character portraits in the corner of the screen for the top 4 positions, I wish they'd bring back neat little touches like that.

They've been gone after DD, sadly. I don't want to have to look at the gamepad or mini map to know who the game thinks is first. It was also handy for those super close races to see who is in what place.

Yeah I know, I seriously miss them because it always felt like part of the frustration when you were battling it out with the top 3 positions.

Some of you probably already saw this when I posted it in the status updates, but I felt like posting it here because why not. I was screwing around in Photoshop and made this out of boredom:

TjcGPG3.jpg

I'd be much happier with this roster. I was going to add Honey Queen instead of Dry Bones (for continuity's sake since she just appeared in Mario Kart 7), but I couldn't find a convincing enough render for her.

• Thumbs Up 5

Some of you probably already saw this when I posted it in the status updates, but I felt like posting it here because why not. I was screwing around in Photoshop and made this out of boredom:

TjcGPG3.jpg

I'd be much happier with this roster. I was going to add Honey Queen instead of Dry Bones (for continuity's sake since she just appeared in Mario Kart 7), but I couldn't find a convincing enough render for her.

Holy shit, does that character select screen actually look like not-shit?

• Thumbs Up 2

TjcGPG3.jpg

Replace Metal or Nabbit with Funky Kong, and I'm good(or add Rob)

Fuck man don't scare me like that I literally skipped a heart beat. Lol

Replace metal with someone else though. Birdo

If Nabbit was moved to the Shy guy position and Shy guy was replaced with Baby Peach...

Toadette where Toad is and Toadette behind him...

Wario and Waluigi where Larry and Lemmy are...

DK and Diddy where Bowser and King Boo are...we'd have a winner.

On the Far Right Column, going down...Metal Mario, Lakitu, Nabbit, King Boo, and Mii.

2nd to right...Rosalina, Yoshi, uh...Bowser, Iggy, then Morton.

Gotta make those columns and rows match up...like its actually trying to mimic the Mario Kart roster.

@SuperUsername64: That roster image looks really great! For a second there I thought it was real. I'd replace Metal Mario for Birdo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just noticed that the Mario Kart 8 stuff isn't coming anywhere near my area in the UK.

The-King-s-Speech-gifs-the-kings-speech-

Oh well, at least I've finally pre ordered the game. Yeahhhhh bring on 30 May!

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Informer Test Chamber, including some amazing Waluigi and Luigi rivalry and showcasing just some of the brilliance of MKTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8_s0Anf7k

Best part of that video:

FuckyouLuigi2.gif

Civility is a gentleman's game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd problemly scrap Metal Mario for Bowser jr. or Birdo, then call it quits, or a new character like a Sprixie or Plessie, someone to represent 3D world since for bizarre reasons, 3D World has no representation at all in this game aside from the Potted piranha Plant.

Oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqyweuGTN80

All you get for 3 Starring everything is the gold Standard Kart, meh, not really worth it in my opinion except if you want bragging rights or whatever.

If their is indeed more to the game, it will be by DLC.