Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Now why don't they talk about the free game in the US ads? It's like they're purposefully avoiding that topic.

No one likes IGN anymore, but I think I'll pop onto that stream just to get a good look.

Following up on the Mario Kart 8 E4 promotion that was detailed earlier, I saw an advert for the game on the channel today along with a few details of the competition they're running - full information on which can be found here:

http://www.channel4.com/explore/mk8/index.html

Want to win a Special L Mario Kart Cup and have your MKTV replay shown on television? It's a simple as getting the game, uploading your footage directly to YouTube, and copying the URL via the entry form. And you can enter it as many times as you like, so if you're from the UK, you may as well give it a shot!

• Thumbs Up 1

So the French got dubs of the American ads, don't know if this is good or bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzulcuAPi3o&feature=player_embedded

Mario kart 8 Wii U bundle unboxing

I may have to purchase MK8 without a Wii U just to get that free offer. Not having a Wii U now sucks. >.<

I may have to purchase MK8 without a Wii U just to get that free offer. Not having a Wii U now sucks. >.<

You will get a code with an expiration date from what I've read.

You will get a code with an expiration date from what I've read.

But can I just redeem it through Club Nintendo?

I thought it had to be done on the Eshop, considering its a free download for one game

You'd have to redeem it on the Wii U eShop, pretty sure.

I'm pretty sure the process will be as follows - you'll get a Club Nintendo code with the game which you need to register on Club Nintendo, this will then allow you to choose one of the free games, pick the one you want, and then you'll be given a download code for said game that you need to redeem via the Wii U eShop.

I don't know whether the eShop code will have an expiry date - I know the Club Nintendo promotion ends in July if you haven't registered by then - but there will probably be something to encourage you to buy a Wii U sooner rather than later. Nintendo will want to cash in on the MK8 stuff as soon as possible I would think.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7127/~/club-nintendo-mario-kart-8-free-game-offer-faq

After registering the game throught Club Nintendo, it mentions this bit at the very end

...Redeem the download code by selecting Enter Download Code at the top of the Nintendo eShop of any Wii U system. The download code expires on 9/30/14

You can still register the game before the end of July but, it seems like you must have a Wii U before the beginning of October in order to get the free game. Hope that clears things up.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7127/~/club-nintendo-mario-kart-8-free-game-offer-faq

After registering the game throught Club Nintendo, it mentions this bit at the very end

You can still register the game before the end of July but, it seems like you must have a Wii U before the beginning of October in order to get the free game. Hope that clears things up.

You mean the end of October. ;)

I'm pretty sure I will own a Wii U then...especially during the summer. So that's gonna be my plan. >=D

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean the end of October. ;)

I'm pretty sure I will own a Wii U then...especially during the summer. So that's gonna be my plan. >=D

No, he means the beginning of October just as he said. The code expires on September 30th.
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-mario-kart-8

Game sometimes drop to 59 FPS

That's it. Pre-ordered cancelled. 0/10. Nintendoomed

Yes, every SIXTY-FOUR frames, its not even noticeable to the normal eye,  is somehow caused by the AI(if I had to guess, algorithm processing, since they are supposed to be EXTREMELY good)

Its called nitpicking, and yes I know you are joking

And wait is it on the European version? that might be your problem there due to the different power standards

could also be the capture card

Digital Foundry tend to do these type of things for different video games. No need to get angry at them.(if you're angry =P) xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Digital Foundry tend to do these type of things for different video games. No need to get angry at them.(if you're angry =P) xD

Not really, just think they are nitpicking, and pointing out a couple flaws to their analysis, and 1FPS isn't going to kill any player in MK8, I mean its just less than a blink 

Not really, just think they are nitpicking, and pointing out a couple flaws to their analysis, and 1FPS isn't going to kill any player in MK8, I mean its just less than a blink 

Oh, they weren't nitpicking. They were doing their job. They still call it a gorgeous game that just has a couple of blemishes from making it perfect. It's actually a good read and they said that the 1FPS difference doesn't affect playability so they were just pointing out the graphical things.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh, they weren't nitpicking. They were doing their job. They still call it a gorgeous game that just has a couple of blemishes from making it perfect. It's actually a good read and they said that the 1FPS difference doesn't affect playability so they were just pointing out the graphical things.

good point, cant wait to see them completely and totally tear apart Watch Dogs then XD 

For those of you who have/will pre-order the standard edition from ShopTo, there's been a change in how the free T-shirts are working.

mk8_zpsc9db1b55.png

The previously shown T-shirt is now kid sizes only and a new Bowser shirt has replaced it for adult sizes. You might want to double check your orders in case you've got the kids size. I prefer the kids one to be honest but at least we aren't getting shafted.

The adults version absolutely sucks, to be frank. No thanks, ShopTo. Not that it concerns me. I've got the Limited Edition bundle preordered directly from Nintendo, and that comes with the Bullet Bill shirt, Blue Shell figure and Red Shell keychain. The Blue Shell shirt is still better than the Bullet Bill one, but I wouldn't want it over the figure.

I wonder how many units of the LE there were on Nintendo's shop, because all of them in every size has long since sold out now.

• Thumbs Up 1