Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

So with with the release mere days away, why don't we spruce up chat, and talk about the possibility of dlc, and talk about possibilities. Like, what if they released a few free dlcs first that rounds out the minor issues, such as arena tracks for battle mode, additional character maystays, and some bonus cups

What the fuck ShopTo my order's already been processed and charged isn't this kinda late notice!? Still I guess I woulda chosen Medium Adult either way but sheesh,

I don't like talking about really baseless theoreticals. All of those things you've mentioned sound pretty big and way too much for free DLC anyway. Maybe one or two racers could be free DLC, but courses and an alternative battle mode? That'd be premium stuff, no doubt, of ot was even to happen.

I don't like talking about really baseless theoreticals. All of those things you've mentioned sound pretty big and way too much for free DLC anyway. Maybe one or two racers could be free DLC, but courses and an alternative battle mode? That'd be premium stuff, no doubt, of ot was even to happen.

I could possibly see new characters as free DLC. But anything else would definitely be paid.

My bets would be on characters bundled together with courses. Unfortunately doing a whole Cup as DLC would likely be quite difficult, but I can't see courses getting added solo either.

Watching videos I've seen the cup selection screen.

It's looks so sparse with just the two rows of four there. It looks like it could easily hold the two arrows from the CTGP without bunking off a column of cups.

I'd say DLC is going to happen, but the clues are hidden away.

I just pre-ordered mine from GAME. Comes with the Blue Shell figurine and a MK8 themed Wii Wheel.

Aw man. Everyone talking about figurines and stuff, and all I get is one of those motivational posters with a blue shell stating it ruins friendships. :/

Ah well. Just excited to be playing soon.

Aw man. Everyone talking about figurines and stuff, and all I get is one of those motivational posters with a blue shell stating it ruins friendships. :/

Ah well. Just excited to be playing soon.

I feel your pain, Canada really got shafted with the pre-order bonus for this one.

5 more days!

I feel your pain, Canada really got shafted with the pre-order bonus for this one.

5 more days!

True, true. Better then nothing though! And hey, that's really all I care about. Mario Golf can only tide me over so long. ;-;

The Street date was broken in Paris.

ugh....gimme....game...already! This wait is so damn painful, especially since a lot of shops already have the game in stock since last week

The Street date was broken in Paris.

ugh....gimme....game...already! This wait is so damn painful, especially since a lot of shops already have the game in stock since last week

Don't worry we only have 4 more days

Don't worry we only have 4 more days

One does not wait "4 more days"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Somewhere in the world, a street date for a game release is always broken.

It's a fact.

Still, at least there's even more juicy content on Youtube [probably].

Somewhere in the world, a street date for a game release is always broken.

It's a fact.

Still, at least there's even more juicy content on Youtube [probably].

I'm more concerned about long it'll take the Nintendo UK store to ship out the goods. Other retailers have got pre-orders down to a fine art, but I do worry about Nintendo themselves.

I'm more concerned about long it'll take the Nintendo UK store to ship out the goods. Other retailers have got pre-orders down to a fine art, but I do worry about Nintendo themselves.

Yeah this is what I'm wondering too, never bought directly from an publisher's outlet before, I always go for ShopTo when the site isn't bugging out, or Amazon.

You know, there is one character, who appeared in the original who has never returned, and hasn't been seen in a game playable since Mario Tennis 64(alongside DK), and that's DKJr

DKJRMK.PNGDKJR_Tennis.PNG

Look at that grinning face, now that is one legacy character I would love to see, even via DLC(perhaps alongside ROB, and Funky)

I mean, they have stinking babies, why not do this guy, least he is unique and has personality

Probably since DK has been his replacement since Mario Kart 64, DKJr hasn't really had any relevance since DK and Diddy jumped onto the scene.

• Thumbs Up 3

That and the running theory is that the current DK IS DK Jr. due to Cranky calling him his son in DK64. That'd make him the Baby equivalent to DK, but we ALSO have a Baby DK from Yoshi's Island DS, so Jr's in a bit of a weird spot right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

That and the running theory is that the current DK IS DK Jr. due to Cranky calling him his son in DK64. That'd make him the Baby equivalent to DK, but we ALSO have a Baby DK from Yoshi's Island DS, so Jr's in a bit of a weird spot right now.

I want to say that Jr is the awkward teenage/adolescent  phase, also oddly enough there was a DKJr in Mario tennis alongside DK, that was said to be his brother... Ya it is a little convoluted, but I think the general idea could be that DKJr is the backup DK(AKA his brother), that takes over during perhaps an isolationist period for the original DK before he becomes Cranky

But ya it is complicated

I think it's supposed to be Cranky is Donkey Kong senor, Donkey Kong Jr is his son, who then had the current DK, Donkey Kong the third.

It's kind of inconsistent. It changes up a lot.

My theory is that they're brothers, DK Jr disappeared, and the current DK was named in his memory. which would be in line with Mario Tennis.

I think it's supposed to be Cranky is Donkey Kong senor, Donkey Kong Jr is his son, who then had the current DK, Donkey Kong the third.

It's kind of inconsistent. It changes up a lot.

My theory is that they're brothers, DK Jr disappeared, and the current DK was named in his memory. which would be in line with Mario Tennis.

Funky Kong is DK's brother. Although again, that is the original theory, Nintendo may not follow that logic anymore (and Smash Bros. trophies aren't always that accurate).

Well I've ordered the Limited Edition bundle from the Nintendo UK store and they've now taken my money and the order has been updated to "awaiting despatch" (was previously "awaiting stock pick") so I'm assuming they'll get sent out at some point today or tomorrow, ready to arrive by Friday.

anyone know what TESCO are like for preorders? I ordered mine from them to save £5 (i love the blue shell but I can't justify an extra £20!) and they have given me a delivery estimate of Saturday 21st. I'm assuming this is like Amazon and placing it after release to cover their asses if it doesn't arrive before, or on, the day. Am i likely to receive it on the day? possibly early like ShopTo or Amazon? or is it more likely I will get it on Saturday? Ive only done one order with them previous and that was a guaranteed 24hr collect from store delio (which i wasn't allows to CFS this time) so I have no idea what to expect.

ugegy2uz.jpg

This game looks reeeaalllllly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview with Mario Kart 8 Director Kosuke Yabuki

A few interesting snippets of info in there - for instance, they're not ruling out a Smash Bros-esque roster for future entries in the series, but they don't necessarily think it's the way to go.

EDIT: Also, a closer look at some of the amazing visual details in the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-n1Uh9uHWQ

EDIT 2: Some brand new UK adverts for the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K3trEaRAkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXCuv4Yo4h8

I want an anti-grav armchair too, dammit!

• Thumbs Up 3